• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How About That Weather?

Meicyn

Gold Member
Sitting in my brand new tornado shelter installed just a few days ago with a tornado on its way and I’m apparently in its general path. Good timing I guess!

I have two pork shoulders smoking on the other side of the garage wall lmao

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sitting in my brand new tornado shelter installed just a few days ago with a tornado on its way and I’m apparently in its general path. Good timing I guess!

I have two pork shoulders smoking on the other side of the garage wall lmao
Stay safe man. Best wishes. Let us know you're safe when it passes.

Livestream here if you want some coverage of today's events:

Durien

I just got back from 3 weeks in Japan. The heat was nuts. It was high 90s everyday and when we went to Kyoto for 3 days, it was over 100 each day. In Florida, you at least have a breeze and space between buildings. In Japan, the buildings just absorb the heat and radiate it back at you.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
9snP8cd.jpg

below freezing tomorrow early mourning most likely. lowest temp I've seen since summer

sono

UK:

Storm Ciaran latest: Winds of up to 104mph; century-old low pressure record broken in England; some schools to stay shut on Friday​

Follow the latest weather updates as the second named storm in two weeks makes landfall in the UK, with a red weather warning for the Channel Islands. The storm could last for three days - prompting school closures and travel disruption

The Met Office has revealed Storm Ciaran is a record breaker - setting a new low sea level pressure of 953.3 hPa (mb) in Plymouth.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Had a snow day on Friday, shoveled yesterday and so far nothing more today. But super fucking cold it so some snow iced over. Windy too making it worse. Made the mistake shoveling a day later as some parts of my driveway and sidewalk were impossible unless I wanted to stand there with an ice breaker all day. So for those parts I just dumped tons of salt on it. This week is supposed to be around -10 to -15C here. But then warm up a touch the following week.

For those of you who dont get snow and assume everyone in snow country just have shovels, we got many. Big plastic one with metal trim, one of solid smaller all metal shovels which aare good for gardening and breaking ice, and these beauties for those pain in the ass parts where you need to chop or scrape ice.

S1QxNYl.jpg

Last edited:

Duellist

We are going through one of the coldest stretches in a long time. In fact Saturday night was the coldest in 30 years. -38C with a windchill of -51C. My neighbour dropped by to grab something in runners and shorts lol Cold is nothing for us Western Canadians. Next Saturday it warms up to a high of -6c. We will be out in t-shirts and sandals lol

simpatico

It's going to be single digits all week and I couldn't be happier about it. I'll take this over mid to high 30s with rain. Winter is cool. Get better clothing if you've got a problem with it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It is -17 degrees outside right now and we had 11” of snow since last Friday. I’m over it. It snowed on Christmas and that should have been it.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Some crazy storms hitting the central United States this weekend, particularly on Saturday.

The graphs below signify chance for tornado activity. Hatched areas are at risk for EF4 or EF5 tornados. If you live in these areas, keep an eye and an ear on your local weather forecasters. This could be a very ugly weekend.

FRIDAY:​

Fa36mcE.png

SATURDAY:​

LWhEWRe.png

Anyone looking for live coverage as it happens, I cannot recommend Ryan Hall enough. This guys knows his shit and has a great team working with him.

0neAnd0nly

Some crazy storms hitting the central United States this weekend, particularly on Saturday.

The graphs below signify chance for tornado activity. Hatched areas are at risk for EF4 or EF5 tornados. If you live in these areas, keep an eye and an ear on your local weather forecasters. This could be a very ugly weekend.

FRIDAY:​

Fa36mcE.png

SATURDAY:​

LWhEWRe.png

Anyone looking for live coverage as it happens, I cannot recommend Ryan Hall enough. This guys knows his shit and has a great team working with him.

Been tracking this system for about a week, is important to know that today ended up getting downgraded from its prior SPC release.

There is also an argument that the continued storms could impact the next 3 days and cause them to de-escalate a bit. We shall see. It’s been a very calm spring tornado kick off honestly.

Hall is convenient for sure as he has chasers that stream with him you can bounce around and see, including some of the best like Brad Arnold. He’s controversial in the weather community a bit, but still good for viewing on the day of.

As calm as the season has been, funny enough I took a direct hit from a tornado a few weeks back. House still in the stages of repair. I watched the radar and honestly though the rotation would miss us.. was wrong. Lol.

Ok enough about US, here in Vietnam it's unprecedented heatwave for months. I lived in Dubai before but this I feel is even worse when there's 78% humidity and "feels like" 32C* at 2 am. It's mad.

5sffM5t.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom