• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Flipper LTTP - Do you know about this? Have you heard about this?

House Flipper was recently added to Game Pass. Released to Early Access in 2018, the Steam page description reads:

"House Flipper is a unique chance to become a one-man renovation crew. Buy, repair and remodel devastated houses. Give them a second life and sell them at a profit!"

I was surprised to find no dedicated thread for this game when searching GAF thread titles (just the upcoming sequel). So I thought I'd post something, since there has to be at least one person on this forum who hadn't heard about this game and for whom it would be catnip like it is for me.

If ever there was a game perfect for Game Pass, this is it. The mechanics are just deep enough and the meta-progression satisfying enough to induce a zen-like state for hours. It reminds me of Firaxis' X-Com's and Civilization "one more turn" philosophy; each turn of a screw and roll of a paint roller leads to more money, which leads to buying more property, which leads to more screwing and rolling.

Things I like about it, and for which I'm not being paid to say:

-Level up your perks to turn arduous tasks into quick-and-easy fixes
-Redesign a home to your exact specifications
-Chill out to the The Sims-like piano music
-Turn a trashed college frat house into a gentrified yuppie home, scratching that "chaos-into-order" itch inherent to being human

If there's one negative about this game, it's that it game-ifies home improvement to the point I've been putting off improving my actual home to play it.

So, do you know about this game? Have you heard about this? What're your thoughts?

With the ever-increasing housing market inflation, this fantasy is becoming more distant by the day. A man can dream about the honest menial labor of maintaining his private living quarters. Will add it to my wishlist, like flowers on a grave.

With the ever-increasing housing market inflation, this fantasy is becoming more distant by the day. A man can dream about the honest menial labor of maintaining his private living quarters. Will add it to my wishlist, like flowers on a grave.

Lol We need a combo laugh/empathy emoji for posts like yours
-----------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated, what is one to learn from drive-by laughing emojis on one's post? What's funny about the OP? It's on Game Pass? It's not a True Gamer game? Have I been trolled and thereby triggered?

Reaction Confused GIF

Top Bottom