• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollow Knight : Silksong delayed

DelireMan7

Originally plan for first half of 2023.

The tweet :
" Hey gang, just a quick update about Silksong. We had planned to release in the 1st half of 2023, but development is still continuing. We're excited by how the game is shaping up, and it's gotten quite big, so we want to take the time to make the game as good as we can. Expect more details from us once we get closer to release."

Fine for me. I was scared of a release just next to Final Fantasy XVI.

silksong-hollow-knight.gif

Last edited:
Rather it get a delay than be rushed out the door.

Out of interest, what games in the year window part of Xbox’s conference last year actually made it? What percentage didn’t?

reksveks

Out of interest, what games in the year window part of Xbox’s conference last year actually made it? What percentage didn’t?
Good question, got time to kill this morning so will have a look.

TzDF2uY.jpg

Think the ones that missed or will miss is
- Party Animals
- Warhammer 40k Darktide console
- Ara but that was supposed to be an early access drop
- Cocoon
- Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
- Replaced
- Stalker
- Starfield
- Forza Motorsport
- Flintlock
- Ereban
- Hollow Knight although it ain't in this graphics.

Need to check what Riot games have the GP benefits on PC.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Good question, got time to kill this morning so will have a look.
Someone did an analysis on Reddit a week or two ago. I think the number came around ~70% of games (don't remember the exact criteria) that did NOT release in the 12 months as Microsoft said they would.

I'll see if I can find that list; will help cut down your time.

Edit: I think this is it. But it's not 70%. I was misremembering. It's more like 41%.

But the guy didn't include games like Kojima's game.

Last edited:

kikkis

I can't get into 2d games. They just feel so limiting in terms of environment traversal/adventure and combat suffers too due to lack of movement options in 2d space.

reksveks

Someone did an analysis on Reddit a week or two ago. I think the number came around ~70% of games (don't remember the exact criteria) that did NOT release in the 12 months as Microsoft said they would.

I'll see if I can find that list; will help cut down your time.

Edit: I think this is it. But it's not 70%. I was misremembering. It's more like 41%.

But the guy didn't include games like Kojima's game.

Cheers, I did update my post and yeah, alot of the 50 games included dlc and stuff like the riot games so it is a bit weird.

Personally I wouldn't include the Kojima game because it was quite clear it wasn't apart of the next 12 months promotion. I think that list could also include Stalker and Replaced, obviously those devs have bigger issues to deal with.

Next to double check if Ara was supposed to be an early access drop, that's what I recall.

Last edited:

SCB3

Whats more annoying is that I and many others backed Hollow Knight on Kickstarter and Hornet (Silksongs Main Character) was supposed to be a mini DLC, they then changed that to a full sequel well after HK released, I love HK and I'm sure Silksong will be great, but at a certain point they have to start making some hard cuts and get this out the door, its starting to scream Feature Creep and Bloat now

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
God damn. But also, not a surprise, and carry on as you were. Rather they release the full vision in 2024.

I kind of forgot about it at this point. Hollow knight is a top 10 game for me and I’m happy to wait. A little frustrating that it’s taken as long as it has though.

Robb

Gold Member
Ugh..

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

I’m sure it’ll be fantastic once it finally hits though. And thankfully this year is pretty damn stacked anyway.

It's a 2D sidescrolling indie with like, 3 colours. How on Earth is it taking this long?
HK was great, and Im looking forward to this, but beginning to feel like I could have made it myself by now...

Last edited:
This is why Xbox’s “next 12 mos” plan at last year’s Dead E3 was so stupid. Games get delayed all the time. I dunno why they were so over-confident vs the rest of the industry. Or why they thought the rules of videogame development didn’t apply to them.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
This is why Xbox’s “next 12 mos” plan at last year’s Dead E3 was so stupid. Games get delayed all the time. I dunno why they were so over-confident vs the rest of the industry. Or why they thought the rules of videogame development didn’t apply to them.
I think they wanted a "thing" for the conference.

Even now Nintendo Direct's has a COVID19 disclaimer.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
The “it’s been 84 years” meme will never be more appropriate than when the actual release date for Silksong is announced.

Top Bottom