• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy final previews have dropped

SJRB

Gold Member
I don’t know if anyone has mentioned it yet but here’s a question:

How the school daily life going to be here? Is it a mix of Bully/Persona in which you have to manage your time between studies and main missions or is it just an open world with no obligations at all?

That’s probably the one feature that will make it or break it for me.

I'm pretty sure time progresses at certain key moments, at least during the day. So you're free to do stuff without the constant worry of missing classes or whatever.

They talked about this in one of their gameplay demos.

iorek21

I'm pretty sure time progresses at certain key moments, at least during the day. So you're free to do stuff without the constant worry of missing classes or whatever.

They talked about this in one of their gameplay demos.

Oh, I really wanted to have that “school” feel with classes, grades and stuff.

Will play it anyway but I really hope that they at least give us a taste of Hogwarts daily life somehow.

SJRB

Gold Member
Oh, I really wanted to have that “school” feel with classes, grades and stuff.

Will play it anyway but I really hope that they at least give us a taste of Hogwarts daily life somehow.

O you still have classes, don't worry about that.

Just watch the gameplay demo the devs did last month, it'll clear things up for sure.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You can find both editions for at least 10USDish cheaper too so 59ish for deluxe and 48ish for standard edition Steam version.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I don't follow this series at all. Is this more than Just Cause in a Harry Potter skin? Are people just excited because its Harry Potter?

Avalanche Software not Avalanche Studio.

Krathoon

Amazon keep pulling this crap where they say they will deliver the deluxe edition late even when there is early access on the 7th. I am going to cancel and switch to Best Buy. Screw them.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Amazon keep pulling this crap where they say they will deliver the deluxe edition late even when there is early access on the 7th. I am going to cancel and switch to Best Buy. Screw them.
I went digital deluxe for that reason. Surprising my wife by booting it up randomly on on the 7th is gonna garner me probably a week's worth of her being glued to the screen and not asking me to do random shit that she can do herself, lol.

Oh shit, gotta dip out of the thread, wife's calling my name.

Jaybe

Homie is loving it!

So far I’m at a solid 8-9/10 from what I’ve experienced. The world is a lot more detailed that I was expecting. When I travel to certain locations, I encounter new NPCs who don’t repeat dialogue (unlike games like Cyberpunk and The Witcher). The combat is alot more satisfying that I expected as well. There’s hints of ninja gaiden and devil may cry inspired combat with the way you can juggle enemies. Really enjoying the game so far

Top Bottom