• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Hideo Kojima - Connecting Worlds" starring Hideo Kojima to premiere at Tribecafilm, followed by Q&A with Hideo Kojima

AGRacing

What's wrong with a huge ego? Does it make you feel less than?

And have you played........

Norman Reedus Loop GIF by Xbox
Norman Reedus Delivery GIF by PlayStation
Death Stranding Playstation GIF
Norman Reedus Jump GIF by PlayStation
L
Looks amazing. Too bad there's dialog in it.

Corian33

I’m fully in the “This guy is nuts and I’m here for it” camp. There’s enough cynical and garbage people in the world and in the gaming industry. Give me the unshackled creative guy who fills his games with rule-of-cool, sexy chicks, and goofy dialogue any day.

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
You may not like Kojigod but Death Standing is such a unique game. Honestly, I don’t recall playing any game with such vibe. Of course, after a while, it get really repetitive, but the first few hours are incredible. Visually speaking, the game is also stunning.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
This guy is the biggest tool in the industry, and I will never understand how people love his overrated games as much as they do…Someone please help me understand, with something more than “omg Kojima is God”.

TheTony316

Hideo Kojima - Connecting Worlds.

A movie based on Hideo Kojima, starring Hideo Kojima. Directed and Produced by Hideo Kojima.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
bumpworthy update

Another huge W for Disney +
3IIZttt.jpg

Kojima is such a a self centered tool that is almost too much to bear...
It's not his documentary film it's Glen Milner documentary film about him.
Then the cast part as if those dudes went specially out of their ways to play a part in this.
I find the way he says "the movie will be distributed worldwide" as if there was a movie theaters release, but then "the film will be distributed only on disney +" particularly amusing.

Don't get me wrong, kojitron has qualities and he did good games, but he's not a film maker, as much as he wants it, and could never transition from video games to movie making. He lacks subtlety.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Another huge W for Disney +
3IIZttt.jpg

Kojima is such a a self centered tool that is almost too much to bear...
It's not his documentary film it's Glen Milner documentary film about him.
Then the cast part as if those dudes went specially out of their ways to play a part in this.
I find the way he says "the movie will be distributed worldwide" as if there was a movie theaters release, but then "the film will be distributed only on disney +" particularly amusing.

Don't get me wrong, kojitron has qualities and he did good games, but he's not a film maker, as much as he wants it, and could never transition from video games to movie making. He lacks subtlety.

I love the ego he has. I wish more of the greats were like this. I know it's gotta be in their personality, but people like Kojima, Elon Musk, Lebron, etc are fascinating and I love it about them.

One of the most boring game I've ever played, got it for free and I still feel scammed. I want my 6 hours of life back.

Do you tend to like shoot em up type games mainly? Or was it just too slowly paced?

GymWolf

This guy is the biggest tool in the industry, and I will never understand how people love his overrated games as much as they do…Someone please help me understand, with something more than “omg Kojima

He had a good run with the first 3 mgs games and the 2 zoe games.

Mgs5 was a good stealth game (but a terrible open world and terrible mgs game) and that's it.

Dude is coasting more than my father when he got a "best dad ever" mug 30 years ago...

Last edited:

RaduN

If the brave souls at Disney had any clue about how much Kojima's games don't give a shit about being PC, they'd ban him to oblivion.

It's kinda funny truth be told.

WitchHunter

Banned
This guy is the biggest tool in the industry, and I will never understand how people love his overrated games as much as they do…Someone please help me understand, with something more than “omg Kojima is God”.
If you ever face him, you gonna buy his back scratchers for 100 bucks a pair, and you won't, sorry couldn't say no.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
If you ever face him, you gonna buy his back scratchers for 100 bucks a pair, and you won't, sorry couldn't say no.
Huh? 😂

I hope you are being sarcastic. I’ve literally bought nothing this guy has ever made…and will never buy anything he makes. I’m not a follower.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
But if you never played his games, how can you know if they are overated? Did you play them at a friend?
I didn’t say I haven’t played them. Not long ago I tried Death Stranding on Ps Plus Extra and in the past I played MGS at a girlfriend’s house.

And doubling down, I would never buy anything from this guy. IMO, he is the most overrated game dev in the industry. He could probably be a decent movie or show producer, but as far as games go, at least to me, they are mid at best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom