• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH |OT| Dance to the Tango (Game Works)

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
:messenger_tears_of_joy: wow, @psgamer84 has an issue with box collision - says it all about his priorities. another 1/10 review, 'clipped through box son, now let's go check out abbie's 4k testicles'.

someone replied with this :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

FnadkrgWQAI-Va0
pretty-cool-cerny.gif

oldergamer

It's hard to get excited by the footage
The weight and momentum of the character are way off
Floaty running and a jump that sucks you back to the ground

Not to mention the camera that seems to get stuck everywhere
Is it too early to say jankfest?

Ummm yeah, you are basing it on footage? it more looks like you are tying to find "something" to complain about then giving a proper critique

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Not good at this game (no musical talent and can't keep a beat) but still enjoying it.

All attacks will land on the beat. By matching the beat, you just do increased damage. You can play it entirely without problem never bothering with the mechanic.

Jennings

I'm such a spaz during chapter boss battles my accuracy takes a nosedive. Doing great on all the other battles though.

There's a couple tracks they licensed that are a little hard for me to hear/adhere to the beat so for certain big fights I switch to Streamer mode for more basic/stock beats. Helps me a lot.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Yeah, I just want to be good at it but I can't be.

It's quite forgiving it seems.

I find I do better if I just kind of get in rhythm with each track when not doing anything (just standing around swinging at air), then I can get better results in fights (I can get some As then and mostly Bs).

Robb

Gold Member
Just started it and man, this game is absolutely gorgeous! The animation is top notch as well. I wonder what engine they’re using for this, I’d love to see more cell shaded games using it in the future.

I’m not friends with the ‘beat’ yet, I think I’ll have to play with headphones going forward. But it’s been fun so far.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It's hard to get excited by the footage
The weight and momentum of the character are way off
Floaty running and a jump that sucks you back to the ground

Not to mention the camera that seems to get stuck everywhere
Is it too early to say jankfest?

The jumping feels weird at first until you realize it's meant to be synced to the beat like everything else. This game takes a level or two to get going and click but once it does...

Bragr

Banned
One thing I really like is how you don't fuck up if you don't nail the beat. It's just a damage boost, and you don't need to follow the songs, you just need to hit a rhythm with your button presses regardless of the song in the background.

It's a smart way to deal with something that, in many rhythm games, can be annoying.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So does the game have MTX? Saw something about gears, looks good but I don’t like MTX.
I was worried about that too - but it turns out that gears are just in-game currency that are everywhere. Kinda like bolts in Ratchet and Clank.

They even updated the Steam description to clarify:
(Note: Gears are obtained through combat and exploration in-game and not available as a purchasable currency.)

Mattyp

Gold Member
So does the game have MTX? Saw something about gears, looks good but I don’t like MTX.

The only MTX is a $15 pack or whatever from the start that gives you 20,000 gears for weapon upgrades and bunch of character skins. You collect over 20,000+ gears just from the very first level.

Has zero impact on any aspect of gameplay on this.

Kilau

The only MTX is a $15 pack or whatever from the start that gives you 20,000 gears for weapon upgrades and bunch of character skins. You collect over 20,000+ gears just from the very first level.

Has zero impact on any aspect of gameplay on this.
I was worried about that too - but it turns out that gears are just in-game currency that are everywhere. Kinda like bolts in Ratchet and Clank.

They even updated the Steam description to clarify:
Ah cool thanks, I’ll download it on gamepass later.

What?!? Why would you need game pass to try a game like this? Some of you people are fucking insane with needing game pass for everything. I saw the announcement, loved the aesthetic, purchased it right away and just beat the 1st boss. Loving it. Plus ShinjI Mikam!
Fuck game pass and fuck needing a rental service to know if I want to buy a game or not (it’s not a personal attack on you my friend but my feelings towards sub services)…
I can say for sure I would not have tried this without gamepass - it’s not something that aesthetically or gameplay wise appeals to me. But I’m playing it and kinda like it

So I’m playing it. It’s actually pretty good. Not totally my type of game but it’s legitimately fun.

Also how are they doing the cel-shading here this is the best looking anime type graphics I’ve ever seen? It’s kind of amazing

Xbox had an entire year of basically nothing. High on Life was funny but not a great game imo. Pentiment was very niche…. And then they just shadow drop this?

Last edited:

Rockondevil

I haven’t had all that much time with it. Just beat the first boss. Enjoying it so far.
The upgrades looked good and new combos are good for those that can remember them.

I’m not big on the timing gsmes but this is quite forgiving and you really don’t have to bother, at least so far.

Freeza93

Banned
Purchased.

RhgPlb.png

If it's not as good as all of you say I'm coming for all of you. Especially you Banjo64 Banjo64 and SlimySnake SlimySnake
Besides of making fun here. Its really a good game. I dont line these graphic style but the gameplay is really good. A bit Old god of war/dmc with rythm kombo mechanic and platforming. And qte ala god of war style on huge bosses.

Its simply an old school style videogame with perfect frametimes. runs in 4k 60 on a potatoe.

i miss hdr a bit tbh.

GHG

Besides of making fun here. Its really a good game. I dont line these graphic style but the gameplay is really good. A bit Old god of war/dmc with rythm kombo mechanic and platforming. And qte ala god of war style on huge bosses.

Its simply an old school style videogame with perfect frametimes. runs in 4k 60 on a potatoe.

i miss hdr a bit tbh.

Yeh I've seen that it lacks HDR support on pcgamingwiki due to it being an unreal engine title but whatever, I'll be fine without it if I'm having fun with the game.

Top Bottom