• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Lime

Woah, great! Just as I wanted to factory-reset my old Vita to get rid of all traces of my main account (I got a 2nd Vita to use it, and it has a 64gb card filled with PSN games... I reaaaally don't want to get it banned).

I assumed my original activation files would be somehow linked to that account, so it's probably safer to use this activator in my case?

Not sure what's best, but I would suggest to read the disclaimers, it doesn't sound all good.

Keeping your activation files is probably the safest bet.

How do I get control remappings to stick in Retroarch Vita? I can't seem to get them to save, which is annoying since there's seemingly no option to save remappings through separate cores.

IMACOMPUTA

Ok. I have a 3.60 henkaku Vita. I need to play undertale on this.
What do I need to do? Is this even possible?

Is remote playing PS4 my only option?

EDIT: Aw, shit. I can't even remote play now without the vita asking for an update?

EDIT2: I think I'm going to update my vita. Fuck it!

Blastoise

Banned
Ok. I have a 3.60 henkaku Vita. I need to play undertale on this.
What do I need to do? Is this even possible?

Is remote playing PS4 my only option?

EDIT: Aw, shit. I can't even remote play now without the vita asking for an update?

EDIT2: I think I'm going to update my vita. Fuck it!

Sell your 3.60 Vita and buy a new Vita plus some decent cash.

B.K.

People on Ebay and Ali Express are selling the new version of SD2Vita.

MWw6mTg.jpg

Kilau

Has anyone tried remote play with beta fw 5.0?

Also, is there really no way for me to download and install games I've purchased from the PSN store now?

Has anyone tried remote play with beta fw 5.0?

Also, is there really no way for me to download and install games I've purchased from the PSN store now?

If your 3.60 Vita is activated and you have a second Vita with the same account on 3.65 it's possible via some trickery involving backups, otherwise no.

Tizoc

Not now, not ever. It took years to get the exploit to work on 3.60. Nobody wants to invest that time cracking 3.65 when 3.60 is already available.
I see thanks
Thing is i got some games i want to dl onto my vita but it seems i need to update to run them apparently :s
On the one hand i could get another vita and get the home brew on it...

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
My Vita is on 3.30 and I'm hearing that you can't upgrade to 3.60 due to some nonsense Sony did with blocking some activation or whatever.

Can anyone link me to the safe method to upgrading to 3.60?

[QUOTE="D";246444956]My Vita is on 3.30 and I'm hearing that you can't upgrade to 3.60 due to some nonsense Sony did with blocking some activation or whatever.

Can anyone link me to the safe method to upgrading to 3.60?[/QUOTE]

I believe if you're already activated you can upgrade to 3.60 using Open QCNA or whatever the latest version of it is , the instructions are on Wololo.Net

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I believe if you're already activated you can upgrade to 3.60 using Open QCNA or whatever the latest version of it is , the instructions are on Wololo.Net

I have no idea if I'm even activated or not I just picked this mug up from a pawn shop, how would you know if you are activated or no?

"D"

Have you ever tied a PSN account to it? If you have, it's activated.

You can upgrade to 3.60 following these instructions.

Naw I haven't tied a PSN account to it yet as I bought this from a pawn shop...maybe the previous owner did? But I found a guide that's letting me update straight from Henkaku's servers to 3.60 so I'm gonna do that now

I can't find my activation file. I had it tied to my PSN account but haven't turned my Vita on since 3.60 came out. Any ways to re-activate (I still have a PS3 with the same account that I've used to transfer games back and forth)? I'm so confused.

I can't find my activation file. I had it tied to my PSN account but haven't turned my Vita on since 3.60 came out. Any ways to re-activate (I still have a PS3 with the same account that I've used to transfer games back and forth)? I'm so confused.
I think there are ways to reactivate now without connecting to PSN. Why do you want to reactivate?

Cos Adrenaline installer won't launch and I don't want to wipe my Vita to try that new dodgy sounding activation method which requires a full wipe.
If your problem is the bubble there's a homebrew that makes a bubble for you even if you don't have a base game or your Vita is not activated. It didn't wipe anything for me. I just tried it recently.

micster

There's no way to use Netflix, is there? I've paired my PSTV to my projector in the bedroom so I can remote play - but I'd like to use Netflix and you can't use the PS4 app over remote play.

Tygamr

There's no way to use Netflix, is there? I've paired my PSTV to my projector in the bedroom so I can remote play - but I'd like to use Netflix and you can't use the PS4 app over remote play.

Vita Netflix app works if you have the whitelist patch.

I just got my 1.0 version in the mail a couple days ago lol. I went ahead and bought the new version. ugh lol

Same, well my version 1 should be arriving today actually but £2 for the newer verion I can't complain really and it is better now we can properly eject, if needed.

Joey Ravn

Banned
[QUOTE="D";246446378]Naw I haven't tied a PSN account to it yet as I bought this from a pawn shop...maybe the previous owner did? But I found a guide that's letting me update straight from Henkaku's servers to 3.60 so I'm gonna do that now[/QUOTE]

That's the guide that I linked, though...

deadfolk

So these SD2Vita jobbies. Do they just slot into your game card slot?

I thought I remembered seeing you had to open up your Vita to install them or something.

I thought I remembered seeing you had to open up your Vita to install them or something.

Correct, there was a version of it that replaced the 3G Chip in the original 3G version of the Vita but then someone made the card slot version, thankfully.

You're thinking of an earlier project that replaced the 3G modem in 3G-capable Vitas with a microSD adapter. Since 3G Vitas are thinner on the ground and the mod requires opening up the console, it didn't get nearly as much traction as SD2Vita is now.

deadfolk

Correct, there was a version of it that replaced the 3G Chip in the original 3G version of the Vita but then someone made the card slot version, thankfully.

You're thinking of an earlier project that replaced the 3G modem in 3G-capable Vitas with a microSD adapter. Since 3G Vitas are thinner on the ground and the mod requires opening up the console, it didn't get nearly as much traction as SD2Vita is now.

Yeah that must have been it. The thing about using the 3G rings a bell. This sounds much more convenient. Think imma grab one.

"D"

Looking to buy an SD2Vita. Where can I get one that is actually legit?

L.O.R.D

[QUOTE="D";246502842]Looking to buy an SD2Vita. Where can I get one that is actually legit?[/QUOTE]
Get the ver2.0
I think someone is selling then in Alibaba.

Top Bottom