• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

RavageX

adrenaline,it basically transform your Vita into PSP,it's really good,however you need at least one PSP game activated on the Vita,and now it's impossible to download anything from PS store,even fake PSP game installer won't work.
There is a method to activate a PSP games but requires a file from another user,but you must not try to sign in after you use it because it could ban you (if you can sign in).

I see, so transferring a psp game to the vita by ps3 wouldnt work?

Thanks for the info btw.

L.O.R.D

I just got one of these & put in in my Vita, but now it won't come out - is it stuck?
Would I be able to get it out by opening up the Vita?

Edit: Never mind, got it out with tweezers...

it's not the new version btw,the new enhanced version still under test.
the one from ali baba is very fragile and will break after few removal from the vita.

I see, so transferring a psp game to the vita by ps3 wouldnt work?

Thanks for the info btw.

yes,you can't transfer games from PS3 anymore.

RavageX

I think I'll just go ahead and keep my vita legit. I have one of each memory card and an extra 8 and 4 quite full of games. I mostly wanted my physical psp games on there but Im not the most patient person.

So, I've tried getting the permanent Enso CFW on my Vita to no avail. I've done all the steps correctly but when i try to install Enso, it says success, but it doesn't actually do anything and when i reboot my Vita, Enso doesn't start but the OFW does. any help?

BigEmil

I think I'll just go ahead and keep my vita legit. I have one of each memory card and an extra 8 and 4 quite full of games. I mostly wanted my physical psp games on there but Im not the most patient person.
Yeah I stopped doing this homebrew it's not worth it to me plus there's some games after 3.60 that released I want to play also there still even more Vita games coming

Just looked into Adrenaline. Can someone please give me alink to the latest builds of this thing plus the latest easyinstaller.

I found adrenaline, then saw an adrenaline 2. then i saw that adrenaline 5.1 released.....i can't keep up....thanks in advance.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Speak of the devil. Adrenaline v6 released:

https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases

Changelog v6

Redesigned boot process. Adrenaline does now not require any basegame or activation anymore.
Added 'uma0:' to 'Memory Stick Location'.
Added support for longer ISO filenames.
Fixed Memory Stick free space integer overflow in games like Outrun.
Fixed bug where ISO games did not show up when the folder 'PSP/GAME' was missing.
Improved core and fixed some small bugs.

It looks to me like you should uninstall the previous Adrenaline install before moving to this one. You'll also need to make a minor change to plugins after the first time you run it, so that it doesn't require two uses after each reboot. But that's pretty much the same as adding it before was anyway.

Joey Ravn

Banned
It crashes for me if I set the folder to uma0:/pspemu. Bummer, because that was the main reason I wanted to update. Hopefully it's fixed quickly :/

Edit: It seems this happens if your games are compressed (CSO format). Bummer. I'll have to uncompress them, I guess...

It crashes for me if I set the folder to uma0:/pspemu. Bummer, because that was the main reason I wanted to update. Hopefully it's fixed quickly :/

Edit: It seems this happens if your games are compressed (CSO format). Bummer. I'll have to uncompress them, I guess...

You might want to try a different compression level first. I don't remember compressed games crashing on the PSP but overcompressed games would certainly run very very slowly.

Joey Ravn

Banned
You might want to try a different compression level first. I don't remember compressed games crashing on the PSP but overcompressed games would certainly run very very slowly.

No, I think this is an issue with the format and this new release of Adrenaline being incompatible with it, causing it to crash if there's a CSO file present in uma0:/pspemu. I've never had issues with CSOs before and people are reporting on Reddit that changing those files back to ISO solves the issue.

Canklestank

Neo Member
No, I think this is an issue with the format and this new release of Adrenaline being incompatible with it, causing it to crash if there's a CSO file present in uma0:/pspemu. I've never had issues with CSOs before and people are reporting on Reddit that changing those files back to ISO solves the issue.

He's already released a fix. Check the subreddit.

Vespa

I'm guessing the lack of base game required for Adrenaline v6 means I can play PSP and PS1 games without having a PSP game previously installed? I'm completely new to this and have only done the Henkaku hack so far.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Is there a tutorials for installing Adrenaline 6.61? I mean I know just install the .vpk but is there any other instructions needed afterwards, like tweaking settings or the such?

My PS Vita is on Enso and I've never had Adrenaline on it before so does that matter as well?

EDIT: Nevermind

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
So I installed Adrenaline, but the screen is black when I launch it. I can hold the PS button and the menu will come up though and I can exit out and everything else

Is it supposed to be black or did I do something wrong during the install?

[QUOTE="D";247906493]So I installed Adrenaline, but the screen is black when I launch it. I can hold the PS button and the menu will come up though and I can exit out and everything else

Is it supposed to be black or did I do something wrong during the install?[/QUOTE]
Is your vita activated? From what I understand you can't use adrenaline if your vita is not activated yet, and apparently Sony blocked activation for anything under 3.65

I wish Adrenaline had a better save state support. It takes an eternity to get a save state going.
That's what you get for using save states, you unvirtuous cheater.

I kid :)

Always say cant find 661.PBP in some folder? Doesn't prompt to download either .. do we have to find and download it manually?
I think so. The EasyInstaller downloaded it for me. Version 7 since it doesn't need the EasyInstaller anymore, you need to have the 661.PBP file now.

The PBP file is the last official PSP update from Sony. You can get it from their website, here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/psp/

Actually, you need to have to connect to the internet first for the prompt to appear? I don't know. I'll try later.

Shoot, i had to restore my vita so my vita isn't activated now. if i do the PSN spoof, and get on for 5 seconds. will i get banned by Sony?

EDIT: nevermind. just saw the new adrenaline cool

EDIT2: Canklestank, how exactly do i write that line to kernel? I use vitashell?

Canklestank

Neo Member
Shoot, i had to restore my vita so my vita isn't activated now. if i do the PSN spoof, and get on for 5 seconds. will i get banned by Sony?

EDIT: nevermind. just saw the new adrenaline cool

EDIT2: Canklestank, how exactly do i write that line to kernel? I use vitashell?

Assuming you haven't installed an SD2Vita, there's a config.txt located in ux0:/tai/config.txt. SD2Vita users' config is located on ur0. ux0 is the memory card, ur0 is internal memory.

All you do is open it, and type or paste that line below the KERNEL heading. If you do have an SD2Vita, you'll want to put it above gamesd.

To be able to copy and paste, you can connect via USB or FTP, copy the file over (and make a backup, just in case). Then open it in Notepad++, paste the line where it goes and copy it back over. Restart for it to take effect.

Obviously if you're not on enso, you'll have to re-activate Henkaku through the browser before Adrenaline will work after a restart.

afaik, everyone using a contemporary version of henkaku should have a tai file on ur0. the ux0 one is loaded instead of the ur0 one if it exists, though, iirc.

Canklestank

Neo Member
afaik, everyone using a contemporary version of henkaku should have a tai file on ur0. the ux0 one is loaded instead of the ur0 one if it exists, though, iirc.

See I wondered about that, but I think everyone has the ux0 one unless it is specifically deleted. And most people only do that as part of the SD2Vita process. So, the general rule should be to edit the config in ux0, right?

I think the ur0 config just exists in case the memory card is removed, for safety.

I just installed Adrenaline 6 and it was painless. I had to move the 661 PBP on the apps/pspsomething folder but other than that I did nothing special. I am using the SD2Vita as my main memory, by the way.

Vespa

Another question for you fine posters, do I FTP across the Adrenaline vpk and the 661 PBP file to be then installed via henkaku or do I grab that easy installer?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Another question for you fine posters, do I FTP across the Adrenaline vpk and the 661 PBP file to be then installed via henkaku or do I grab that easy installer?

I feel there's no need for the easy installer anymore. The official release of Adrenaline now comes fully customized (I think it does, at least it did for me) and downloads the 661.PBP file by itself.

Just transfer the VPK (and to be sure, the 661.PBP file to the specified folder) manually by FTP using VitaShell. And you're set.

miserable

Regarding Adrenaline: is it possible to disable the screen filters only for PS1 games, since they cause slowdown, but have them enabled for PSP games? Or do I have to manually turn them on/off each time depending on what game I'm playing?

Vespa

Thanks, Joey! R-type Delta looks amazing on the oled.

That's a shame about the filters causing issues, ps1 games look nice with the scanline looking filer (bilinear sharper?). Is the slowdown immediately apparent? It seemed okay in the small amount of time I played on it.

Shaneus

Question: So I have a bunch of games that I obtained through PS+, but of course they now show up as "expired" and I can't activate them (despite still having a valid PS+ sub). What's the option to be able to play them now, given I've already downloaded them... just suck it up and delete them completely?

L.O.R.D

so,the new version SD2Vita is here,it's called SD2VITA PLUS
hackinformer is selling them for $15

SD2Vita-Plus-Render-269x300.jpg

they looks better the version 2.0

=============
Question: So I have a bunch of games that I obtained through PS+, but of course they now show up as "expired" and I can't activate them (despite still having a valid PS+ sub). What's the option to be able to play them now, given I've already downloaded them... just suck it up and delete them completely?

right now,only updating to 3.65 will save them,so if you still plus member but you want to keep using them,you can backup them using mai tools,then re install them.

This is what I've been waiting for. Time to go all in, I think.

ETA - Anyone else in Australia interested in these ? The shipping for one is pretty ridiculous but ordering 3+ makes it reasonablish and the cost of postage within Australia would be pretty trivial to send the rest out.

See I wondered about that, but I think everyone has the ux0 one unless it is specifically deleted. And most people only do that as part of the SD2Vita process. So, the general rule should be to edit the config in ux0, right?

I think the ur0 config just exists in case the memory card is removed, for safety.
I've exclusively used the ur0 one for months with no ill effects. You can probably use the ux0 one fine, but I don't see much of a reason to.

tvpivva

Neo Member

ETA - Anyone else in Australia interested in these ? The shipping for one is pretty ridiculous but ordering 3+ makes it reasonablish and the cost of postage within Australia would be pretty trivial to send the rest out.
i live in melbourne could be very interested!

i live in melbourne could be very interested!

If I can get at least 1 other interested, I'm happy to put in the order, then get the money once they've arrived and send them out. Obviously the more people, the more we can save on shipping.

ETA - I think this might even be worth while for New Zealanders, since this should be small enough to fit in a standard envelope , and postage for that is like $5 from Australia.

Shaneus

I actually have two (one of the second gen PCBs, and the next iteration with the smiley face on it) if you wanted one of those. Save time on shipping, too.

right now,only updating to 3.65 will save them,so if you still plus member but you want to keep using them,you can backup them using mai tools,then re install them.
Gotcha. I wonder if Sony/PSN sees their usage/appearance on my Vita as pirated software (like how people thought they were banned for using translated/patched games or something) online or not. I'd still like to keep PSN/trophy access if I can, even if those titles are only playable after being dumped with mai tools.

I actually have two (one of the second gen PCBs, and the next iteration with the smiley face on it) if you wanted one of those. Save time on shipping, too.

Gotcha. I wonder if Sony/PSN sees their usage/appearance on my Vita as pirated software (like how people thought they were banned for using translated/patched games or something) online or not. I'd still like to keep PSN/trophy access if I can, even if those titles are only playable after being dumped with mai tools.

I appreciate the offer, but I've actually been specifically waiting for this higher quality build.

Has anyone done any loading/speed comparisons between SD2Vita and the memory cards? I remember reading once that games loaded faster off the cartridges than the Vita's memory card, so I'm wondering if that would apply for the SD2Vita as well.

Has anyone done any loading/speed comparisons between SD2Vita and the memory cards? I remember reading once that games loaded faster off the cartridges than the Vita's memory card, so I'm wondering if that would apply for the SD2Vita as well.
it's bottlenecked significantly. Dunno how it compares to the memory card, but SD2Vita should be similar to a class 4 microSD iirc

Top Bottom