• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello Games - "No Man's Sky was a mistake." [Up3: Disgruntled Employee]

mdubs

Banned
5yKBgUb.png

giphy.gif

This makes it all worth it

I feel so, so sorry for Sean. He's a dude who tried to do a thing, and the marketing/hype got completely out of control. It's been said a million times, but if this was a $15 game that wasn't the Second Coming in the publicity stuff, this wouldn't have happened. And the hounding has been relentless. I have no idea why people think it's okay to go to a company's offices, to try and find out somebody's home address; why it's okay to constantly scream at them, simply because they didn't like the thing that they purchased; why apparently people are owed updates, or a lack of silence after this. I can't fathom it. It's one of the worst examples I've ever seen of the internet being shit, and I was genuinely worried for a while that there would end up being a tragedy of some sort because of the massive over-reaction to a mediocre game that didn't quite do what it promised. And this tweet, unfortunately, is only going to make things that much worse - regardless if it's a hack or not.

DarkestHour

Banned
What if it is real and they are going to drop a massive update that was backed by a huge team of Sony engineers which gives No Man's Sky everything Sean promised and more?

ValeYard

If you hack an account, I'd hope for more a creative tweet or at least a follow up. Like "refunds for everyone," or "patch fixing everything incoming tomorrow."

Seiniyta

I like to imagine everyone at HG dogpiled on Sean Murray the moment he made the tweet and they are trying to damage control this)

Top Bottom