• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GHG

Gold Member
The video you posted literally shows numerous fights, puzzles, and a boss fight in the first 40 minutes. So thanks for proving me right I guess?

And what a stupid ass comment anyway. “uh yeah outside of the stuff that isn’t walking, it’s all walking”

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

But hey, keep hating on a game you aren’t even playing. Not going to bother responding to you clowns anymore 😁👍

I've watched it, everyone else can see it. What you say is not there.

But I'm not surprised you have a warped view of reality considering you decided this game was going to be great back in 2019 despite stating you don't like this type of game in the very same breath.

RW9lPTp.jpeg

Thumbs up and smiley face right back at ya, glad you're now embracing the walking talking sim.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
“The game is great! Take my word for it because I’m not going to actually talk about the elements that make it a game. Great themes!”

Reviewer would be better off reviewing a book or a movie because calling the entire gaming elements of the game “secondary” makes his review worthless.

Again, why are we arbitrarily defining a game to only be something that has combat, puzzles, and is over 10 hours long? Why are we forcing the medium into such a limited box?

Some of my favorite games ever have little-to-no combat, little-to-no puzzles, and are often only a few hours long.

Again, do we want more risks in the AAA space or are we going to bitch and whine every time a new title tries something different?

Last edited:

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member

But I'm not surprised you have a warped view of reality considering you decided this game was going to be great back in 2019 despite stating you don't like this type of game in the very same breath.

RW9lPTp.jpeg

Thumbs up and smiley face right back at ya, glad you're now embracing the walking talking sim.

Maybe you’re blind I guess? 40 minutes of walking when your own link shows puzzles and combat. Nothing more I can tell you.

Not embracing the walking talking sim at all, there’s a difference between one every now and again versus nothing but. And it’s not a Sony or MS thing, as you can clearly see I also criticize Gears of War, which became too walking sim for my tastes as well.

Now I will stick to my word and stop replying to the clowns 😁👍

Maddoxswe

Gold Member
Maybe you’re blind I guess? 40 minutes of walking when your own link shows puzzles and combat. Nothing more I can tell you.

Not embracing the walking talking sim at all, there’s a difference between one every now and again versus nothing but. And it’s not a Sony or MS thing, as you can clearly see I also criticize Gears of War, which became too walking sim for my tastes as well.

Simon Cowell Thumbs Up GIF by America's Got Talent

Klayzer

Gold Member

xNkr20h.jpeg

GHG

Gold Member
There's like 7 unique encounters just in the prologue.

First off, you promised you're gonna sub to GP to play this, you're watching it on YT and not even doing a good job of that.

The fuck, G?

Disappointed Will Ferrell GIF by PeacockTV

Unique encounters in the first hour from the video I posted:

1. 23 minutes in
  2. 30 minutes 50 seconds in
  3. 50 minutes in
Maybe there is something about this "Xbox tax" thing that is preventing you guys from doing basic arithmetic?

Also, I changed my mind, nothing I've seen makes me want to even "play" it. Sorry not sorry.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What is unique about them? I'm at the point where you take that one guy captive. Every fight to that point is exactly the same. The last one lasted longer than the others which made it worse because it is just the same repetive crap every time.

It's more than 300% of what GHG GHG says he has seen in that YT video he's doing a bad job of skimming through.

Maybe you’re blind I guess? 40 minutes of walking when your own link shows puzzles and combat. Nothing more I can tell you

This thread is something.

1 person telling others to be objective about the game being bad, while in the next post saying they don't need to play the game
1 person who bought game pass on the spot because they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar
1 person whose watching a YT video but missing things happening on screen

Also, I changed my mind, nothing I've seen makes me want to even "play" it. Sorry not sorry.

50 Cent Smh GIF

Have fun with the Kingdom Hearts ports on Steam, G.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Again, why are we arbitrarily defining a game to only be something that has combat, puzzles, and is over 10 hours long? Why are we forcing the medium into such a limited box?

Some of my favorite games ever have little-to-no combat, little-to-no puzzles, and are often only a few hours long.

Again, do we want more risks in the AAA space or are we going to bitch and whine every time a new title tries something different?

No one is saying a game must have strict definitions of gameplay. Factually HB2's gameplay is defined by combat, puzzles and walking. Those aspects of the game should be part of a review and should not be blatantly ignored just so some guy can call the game a "masterpiece".

Maddoxswe

Gold Member
It's more than 300% of what GHG GHG says he has seen in that YT video he's doing a bad job of skimming through.

This thread is something.

1 person telling others to be objective about the game being bad, while in the next post saying they don't need to play the game
1 person who bought game pass on the spot because they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar
1 person whose watching a YT video but missing things happening on screen

50 Cent Smh GIF

Have fun with the Kingdom Hearts ports on Steam, G.
One question, do you believe in your own lies or does it make you feel better ?

RW9lPTp.jpeg

oh shit. I thought this guy had some dignity but he's just another one of the bunch 🤣😂

Stuart360

Crazy to me reading about how most if not all of the reviews are talking about how you barely play the game yet giving it a 9. I dunk on Sony for cinematic presentation but holy shit that is even worse.
It depends how you view it though for me. I mean games like Detroit Becomes Human, and Telltales games, have way less gameplay than Hellblade, and they get lauded.

We already had Hellblade 1, so i dont get why people didnt seem to realize what we were getting.

Pedro Motta

RW9lPTp.jpeg

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

adamsapple

No one is saying a game must have strict definitions of gameplay. Factually HB2's gameplay is defined by combat, puzzles and walking. Those aspects of the game should be part of a review and should not be blatantly ignored just so some guy can call the game a "masterpiece".

Why is everyone hung up on Klobrille's review? It's not a part of any review aggregate, his review is just as relevant as any youtube streamer and has no bearing on the games critical reception.

One question, do you believe in your own lies or does it make you feel better ?

Having you pay for GP is satisfaction enough for me.

Last edited:

Warablo

So just more of the 1st game then? Guess I won't play it. Was hoping it would branch more into God of War territory.

Topher

Gold Member
Why is everyone hung up on Klobrille's review? It's not a part of any review aggregate, his review is just as relevant as any youtube streamer.

I'm not talking about Klobrille's review. I'm referencing that youtuber review where he says he isn't going to talk about the combat cuz "themes".

And why does a review have to be a part of an aggregate to talk about it?

adamsapple

And why does a review have to be a part of an aggregate to talk about it?

It doesn't, but it has been brought up over a dozen times in the last few pages. It's as relevant as finding any fanboy on twitter and constantly reposting their tweets.

dem

40 minutes of walking to start the game doesn't sound promising...
Who has time for that?

I'll download it to check out the visuals, i guess.

Blows my mind that all anyone wanted out of this was a more action oriented game... and they somehow went.. less action.

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Though I definitely expected it... given they wouldn't show fucking anything about the game.

Last edited:

Maddoxswe

Gold Member
Why is everyone hung up on Klobrille's review? It's not a part of any review aggregate, his review is just as relevant as any youtube streamer and has no bearing on the games critical reception.

Having you pay for GP is satisfaction enough for me.

You are really something else phils balls. I give you that 😂 ofcourse i pay for gp just to prove something for the biggest troll on this forum. What did you say, you really caught me with the hand in the cookie jar.

feynoob

Gold Member
his review is just as relevant as any youtube streamer and has no bearing on the games critical reception.
His review is like trusting the Mcdonalds employee that the icecream machine is working fine. Guy has strong bias to his hobby and shouldnt be taking serious for reviews.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Damn, I'll try it on GP but it's aligning with what I had assumed. If it's easy I may chime my way through it for the visuals.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

RW9lPTp.jpeg

Man, GHG really is the professional past-post digger upper.

Hey, GHG GHG if I ever make it onto your shit list, message me. Give me a chance to apologize :messenger_grinning_smiling:

We get it, you claim to not be a fanboy yet try and compare a game where you press the analog stick up and a game where you literally connect an open world together with all sorts of traversal and combat mechanics

The pejorative “walking simulator” only has actual meaning in the context of a game like HB2
He is part of the OG Sega Butt-hurt band, been nursing that Sony hatred since forever. No point in arguing with a delulu fanboy who thinks that HB has more gameplay than DS.

Varteras

Gold Member
Man, GHG really is the professional past-post digger upper.

Hey, GHG GHG if I ever make it onto your shit list, message me. Give me a chance to apologize :messenger_grinning_smiling:
GHG GHG and Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping both choose violence. The difference is that one wakes up every day and bathes in senseless, but entertaining, bloodshed. Perfectly content in his depravity. The other, well, he prefers the long game. Carefully positioning his weapons and waiting for the perfect moment to utterly obliterate any fool that crossed his path. You may not love them, but you will respect them. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Top Bottom