• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

Esura

Banned
Set the buttons? What?

The sensitivity setting thingy. I noticed in the demo the timing feels very off compared to the Vita version. I didn't really notice it the first time I played the PS3 demo because it was only a few days before I played the import but after becoming adjusted to the Vita version and I tried the demo again I'm like...whooa. Failing on Tengaku wooo left and right.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I was the only one out of some 50 people there that got this game.
Might be the only one at the store.

I was going to wait until tomorrow but now I want to head there just for the fun of being the one anime nerd in a group of football crazies.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The sensitivity setting thingy. I noticed in the demo the timing feels very off compared to the Vita version. I didn't really notice it the first time I played the PS3 demo because it was only a few days before I played the import but after becoming adjusted to the Vita version and I tried the demo again I'm like...whooa. Failing on Tengaku wooo left and right.

Depends on your tv. Here is a hint though, you'll want to go negative. Generally increments of 5 will help you narrow it down. I found my spot was around the negative 20 area.

On a positive note, the pre-order code is working right now! Woo, thought I was going to have to wait for the update. The theme's icons look way too bright though, changed it back immediately. It's weird using X for confirm for this game, i'm never going to get used to that.

Last note while this is installing, any chance of the other DLC popping up at all in todays update (or if they're even in the pipeline?). Would love to get some teto and popipopipo on.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So I unlock costumes and stuff by interacting with the characters right?
Or do I play through the songs first?

The only thing you get from interactions are trophies and raise their affinity for you.

Here's a hint: To initiate a game of rock paper scissors, go into communication mode, hold down X and pat them on the head until they are pretty winking with one eye, then let go. Do this three times in a row.

Man, back on that normal grind though. Wish there was like a cheat code to unlock the higher difficulties.

My over-sized PD controller has arrived at my local delivery centre...

tumblr_mk50gmi1tc1s96b9jo1_500.gif

Fingers crossed it goes out for delivery today!

Edit: It's out for delivery!

dancing_miku_animation___by_hakudoshiisawesome-d5wkeav.gif

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You have the game already? Is there any option for translated lyrics?

I would like to go to the midnight release but GameStop is too far away from home to feasibly do it when I have work the next day.

Official song translations from japanese has always been difficult for copyright purposes and artist intent. They do have subtitles, but it's just the romanized japanese. Funnily enough they do ALL CAPS for the english words that occur in the song itself and no caps at all for every single other word, so at least they make the english they can use stand out.

That gif kinda of terrifies me...

Opening FMV Miku is the creepiest Miku of them all.

Busaiku

Gods, this game is destroying me.
It's taking me multiple tries to just barely get Satisfactory on Easy, in every single song...

All the stuff is so distracting, I can't keep up most of the time.
And then all the notes appear all over the place, this is crazy.

I tried something on Hard, and yeah, just wow.
The only thing you get from interactions are trophies and raise their affinity for you.

Here's a hint: To initiate a game of rock paper scissors, go into communication mode, hold down X and pat them on the head until they are pretty winking with one eye, then let go. Do this three times in a row.

Man, back on that normal grind though. Wish there was like a cheat code to unlock the higher difficulties.

Whenever I hold X, I only get the patting for like 1/2 a second, and then it returns to normal.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Whenever I hold X, I only get the patting for like 1/2 a second, and then it returns to normal.

Gotta hold it and move the left analog as well. And you'll get better. Once you're in tune with the music and mechanics, it'll get much easier.

Aytrial

It's taking me multiple tries to just barely get Satisfactory on Easy, in every single song...

You'll eventually be able to only focus on the notes. It'll take some practice though, especially if this is your first rhythm game.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Nyuknyuknyuk
The Gamestop I went to has a surrounding neighborhood of predominantly African American people so when I got there, they were all queuing up (some outside since it's not a huge store). I was the only Asian person there so when I walked out, I heard something along the line of "da fuq, he got one?"

I should never underestimate the power of stereotypes because his response was entirely accurate.

I also made my register person go to the back to get the game; at first he thought I was in for the wrong game.

-My second midnight launch; the other being SSBB-

Aytrial

I played stuff like DDR, Elite Beat Agents, and Rhythm Heaven.
Can't handle this at all.

Persevere!

Nyuknyuknyuk
The Gamestop I went to has a surrounding neighborhood of predominantly African American people so when I got there, they were all queuing up (some outside since it's not a huge store). I was the only Asian person there so when I walked out, I heard something along the line of "da fuq, he got one?"

You should've puffed out your chest and announced which game you got to establish your manliness.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I find one of the best things about rhythm games is that your skill level grows to extreme levels as you play it no matter how good you are at video games. Don't be ashamed of struggling on easy. Personally I had to start out struggling on easy myself when I played the import, and now I can beat most hard levels pretty easily, and I have no sense of rhythm and no hand eye coordination whatsoever. Now I mostly like to play on normal just to better enjoy the animations which are easy to ignore if you're struggling on keeping up.

So just keep on getting satisfactory ratings, and I bet if you go back to replay old songs after finishing them all once on easy, you'll find it easy to get greats and excellence, and then you can get all satisfactories on normal, and then great/excellent all songs on normal, and then again on hard. And then you'll look back at easy and be amazed at how much better you've gotten. It's an amazing feeling that no other game genre can quite match.

I'd also note that the star levels are way more indicative of difficulty than easy/normal/hard so once 3-4 star songs get easy enough for you, you can jump into the easier normal mode songs if you want.

That said, some harder songs on Extreme are not possible for me period, or at least it's so extreme it doesn't sound fun trying to get good enough to pass it, but there's plenty of fun to be had without Extreme mode.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Do I have to play Hard songs to unlock costumes?
Cause I can't see that happening.

I think you might be selling yourself short here. If you can play elite beat agents, you should be able to grasp the way to hit notes in this game.

Esura

Banned
I think you might be selling yourself short here. If you can play elite beat agents, you should be able to grasp the way to hit notes in this game.

Elite Beat Agents is kind of a different beast. I think his issue is probably the way notes fly at you and all the colorful stuff that goes on in the background which can be very distracting, especially since the notes are right on top of it all. My trick was to just keep my eyes on the notes with the hands on them. Took me about half a week to get used to it. Most rhythm games I did before PD had the notes in a certain area away from the eye candy.

Busaiku

Elite Beat Agents was significantly easier since there weren't flashy backgrounds, only single presses, and it was also on a small screen.
I can easily ignore stuff like cheerleaders, but there's just way too much going on here.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I also made my register person go to the back to get the game; at first he thought I was in for the wrong game.

Yeah, the cashier was properly confused after I said no when he asked if i was there for Madden, and then said no again when he said i must be there for FF14 then. Had to dig out one of two copies from the back.

Yuripaw

Banned
I have Amazon Prime but it looks like I won't get the game till Thursday. I wonder what happened? I usually get games the day they come out.

Still can't wait to play it though.

Same here, it says expected arrival on Thursday. :( What kind of nonsense is that? Pay for next day shipping, only to get the game 2 days after release. That sucks.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Elite Beat Agents is kind of a different beast. I think his issue is probably the way notes fly at you and all the colorful stuff that goes on in the background which can be very distracting, especially since the notes are right on top of it all. My trick was to just keep my eyes on the notes with the hands on them. Took me about half a week to get used to it. Most rhythm games I did before PD had the notes in a certain area away from the eye candy.

I guess it is a little daunting at first (ahh I remember when the first project Diva came out).

You just gotta get used to the way notes appear. The best way I can describe it is don't focus on the note, focus on where they're going to land (the silhouettes). Once you focus that, you will be able to maintain rhythm and probably tune out most of the background. At that point the only thing you should really be concerned about is timing. If you're having trouble with timing, and I can't say this enough times, try to calibrate.

The best way to calibrate is to find a song with steady stream of notes, play them over and over with different numbers until it feels right. Negative is compensating for input lag, positive is adding input lag.

If you have a chance, could you possibly compile a list of the songs and artists as the game spells them, so I can redo the track list in the OP? I don't think I will have the chance to finish this myself before I have to leave for PAX.

Here you go! This is the entire song list; I just got the "Musical World" title, which you get for unlocking every song. Spoiler tagged, of course:

Normal songs:

Cat Food / doriko (music/lyrics)
Secret Police / Buriru (music/lyrics)
Melancholic / Junky (music/lyrics)
Weekender Girl / kz (lyrics/arrangement), Hachioji P (music)
Time Machine / 164 (lyrics), 40mP (music), 1640mP (arrangement)
DYE / AVTechNO! (music/lyrics)
Fire◎Flower / halyosy (music/lyrics), halyosy & is (arrangement)
Summer Idol / OSTER project (music/lyrics)
ACUTE / Kurousa (music/lyrics)
Urbandonment / 40mP (music/lyrics)
What Do You Mean!? / Kuchibashi P (music/lyrics)
Stay With Me / shu-t (music/lyrics)
Hm? Ah, Yes. / papiyon (music/lyrics)
Remote Controller / Jesus (music/lyrics)
Ashes to Ashes / niboshi (lyrics), Tennen (music)
World's End Umbrella / Hachi (music/lyrics)
Freely Tomorrow / Mitchie M/RIRE (lyrics), Mitchie M (music)
Monochrome∞Blue Sky / Noboru↑ (music/lyrics)
Glasses / Ultra-Noob (music/lyrics)
Kagamine HachiHachi Flower Fight / Niregiru (lyrics), Moja P (music)
World's End Dance Hall / wowaka (music/lyrics)
The MMORPG Addict's Anthem / satuki ga tenkomori (music/lyrics)
Nostalogic / yuukiss (music/lyrics)
Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya! / daniwell (music/lyrics)
Unhappy Refrain / wowaka (music/lyrics)
Odds & Ends / ryo (music/lyrics)
Tengaku / Yuuyu (music/lyrics)
God-Tier Tune / Onyuu P (music/lyrics), Pinocchio P (arrangement)
Black★Rock Shooter / ryo (music/lyrics)
Negaposi*Continues / sasakure.UK (music/lyrics)
Sadistic.Music∞Factory / cosMo@Bousou P (music/lyrics)
Continuing Dream / Dixie Flatline (music/lyrics)

EXTRA songs:

Tell Your World / kz (music/lyrics)
Tokyo Teddy Bear / Neru (music/lyrics)
Dream-Eating Monochrome Baku / Nem (music/lyrics)
Sweet Devil / q*left (lyrics), Hachioji P (music)
Rin-chan Now! / sezu (lyrics), Owata P (music)
Senbonzakura / Kurousa (music/lyrics)

NOTE: The first "R" in "RIRE" is actually a backwards R, but I can't find that in my computer's character directory, so yeah. :p

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Urbandonment

I don't know about that song title.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Maybe only found 1 song so far that I actually sorta like.
I'm totally burnt though; need sleep now.

Here you go! This is the entire song list; I just got the "Musical World" title, which you get for unlocking every song. Spoiler tagged, of course:

Thanks! But do you guys think the song list should be spoiler tagged? The current list isn't...

But it's just Remote Control.

No ler.

NO LER!

Yes, I'm being petty on purpose.

The original track name is just "rimocon", which as an abbreviation could go both ways really. I lean toward controller, makes more sense.

Yuripaw

Banned
Is there a better delay calibration in the full game than there is in the demo? I recently set up a new tv and sound output, and I feel like the button press lag is really screwing me up, and the delay calibration is not very useful...I don't know how to adjust that appropriately.

The Miku has landed!

Off to a good start - no external box. Naughty Play-Asia! Fortunately the controller and contents were pristine.
uEhnabw.jpg

For StarCreator - I can't work out if that's a 5 or a 9... but definitely part of the 2000.
5b7YpN9.jpg

As well as this notice, It came with a separate English language booklet too. I found this however that says it was available in HK in limited quantites - and was only possible to order during a window of a couple of days back in February. Guess I beat that system!
cY8rV0t.jpg

Display planel and cups for switching buttons.
bkpxWa0.jpg

Mikudayo is excited!
8ObGCsN.jpg

Good luck reaching those buttons...
3EoNdjZ.jpg

This thing is HUGE (that's a 40" TV behind it). I'm considering whether I should start charging it rent to live here.
JXUlMiF.jpg

Vita, for scale.
s34mmrG.jpg

From my initial playtime with it, I can't imagine playing Diva F any other way now. I look forward to family and friends fighting each other to play with it...

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures! ^_^

Volcynika

I got the physical JP Vita vers and digital JP PS3 vers so I was tempted to skip, but just went ahead and ordered it on Amazon, should arrive with Killer is Dead tomorrow.

Picked up my copy last night, can't wait to play it tonight :D

The Miku has landed!

Off to a good start - no external box. Naughty Play-Asia! Fortunately the controller and contents were pristine.
uEhnabw.jpg

For StarCreator - I can't work out if that's a 5 or a 9... but definitely part of the 2000.
5b7YpN9.jpg

As well as this notice, It came with a separate English language booklet too. I found this however that says it was available in HK in limited quantites - and was only possible to order during a window of a couple of days back in February. Guess I beat that system!
cY8rV0t.jpg

Display planel and cups for switching buttons.
bkpxWa0.jpg

Mikudayo is excited!
8ObGCsN.jpg

Good luck reaching those buttons...
3EoNdjZ.jpg

This thing is HUGE (that's a 40" TV behind it). I'm considering whether I should start charging it rent to live here.
JXUlMiF.jpg

Vita, for scale.
s34mmrG.jpg

From my initial playtime with it, I can't imagine playing Diva F any other way now. I look forward to family and friends fighting each other to play with it...

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures! ^_^

How much was it?

Top Bottom