• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

macklelol

Getting a full combo in any music game is not an easy task at first. I also believe that a full combo in this game is more difficult than in DDR. So, congratulations =)

Don't wait to pass NegaPosi (7.5 stars) and Unhappy Refrain (7 stars) before you attempt some of the easier Extreme charts (also 7 stars, but slower). Seeing some of the more complex patterns might help. It's all "the more you play, the better you get."

I'll be competing in the contest once again =) Can't wait to see how we all do. Just remember, Chance Time mistakes cost way more points than others...

I'm not going to reveal exactly how I'm doing, but I'm going to guess the winning score: approximately 420,500.

Damn, if you're entering this, I think I'm gonna have to improve my score some more.

Well, I've made my initial contest entry now. Maybe I'll try to make it cooler when my thumb isn't sore anymore.
I dunno if I can do it...!

ZeroX03

Banned
Okay maybe Diva Points won't take long after all. I switched from Mega Survival to Perfectionist and it's so much easier! You get far more leeway to mess up.

Scher

Playing through the songs for more perfects has made me realize that either the analog stick on the Vita is too close to the other buttons, or my thumb is just too big. On some of the songs, I've found it's not uncommon for me to accidentally hit the analog stick when trying to hit X. It's especially been causing me some issues with Summer Idol, where I'm normally fine until around the very end and I hit the analog when alternating between circle and X a bunch.

killatopak

Getting a full combo in any music game is not an easy task at first. I also believe that a full combo in this game is more difficult than in DDR. So, congratulations =)

Don't wait to pass NegaPosi (7.5 stars) and Unhappy Refrain (7 stars) before you attempt some of the easier Extreme charts (also 7 stars, but slower). Seeing some of the more complex patterns might help. It's all "the more you play, the better you get."

I'll be competing in the contest once again =) Can't wait to see how we all do. Just remember, Chance Time mistakes cost way more points than others...

I'm not going to reveal exactly how I'm doing, but I'm going to guess the winning score: approximately 420,500.

Wow. If you're entering with that kind of score then I need to improve within a few days. And that's not happening due to my exams. ;__;

The (NA) Vita version has more ratings on PSN than the PS3 version already so I'm assuming it did pretty well.

i noticed this too.

i think any vita game with close to 1k ratings has to be doing well, not too many games aside from known brand games and popular indies get to that point

Two days left in the score challenge!

Still not quite sure how much to reveal, but... the average score of all participants so far is 393948.8.

It's also worth noting that two of the last challenge's top three have not yet posted scores...

Well, at least I'm above average, I suppose. Not sure what that means though, I don't know how many crazy-good players there are in this contest.

Scher

Well, if I assume that only 6 other people submitted scores, then I'm good to go!

I kind of want to try improving my score just to have a better shot, but I'm terrible when it comes to getting good scores. There's always something about the timing that's just off for me. Going to at least attempt to improve my score between doing a test and grading over the weekend.

macklelol

Resubmitted my score for the score challenge. I feel pretty good about my score, let's see if I can win this score challenge, just like I did the last one.

You monster! Give chance to normal people!

You know... one of the awesome things of having the Project Diva f release in the west is that... I now see a lot more people worse at me than this game, LOLOLOLOLOL.

All friends playing this game is either a long time rhythm game player, or just plain better than I am.

Kumubou

You may as well; I doubt SEGA will ever release a US version of 2nd.
If they were really that down on the sales of F on the PS3... they wouldn't even have bothered with the Vita version. If anything, I would guess that the game sold far better than they were expecting. If it hit their initial projections... those projections pointed to the Vita version not being worth localizing (there's no other reason why the games came out about six months apart, IMO).

So I think F 2nd has a good chance of being released internationally.

Less than one day left in the score challenge!

It's worth pointing out that work on the localization of F (for PS3) didn't start in earnest until after the Facebook campaign paved the way for a green light to proceed. From there, it was only five months from when the Facebook campaign appeared (around this time last year) and when the game was released. Knowing they -can- complete the localization process that quickly, one can't rule out that an F 2nd release in the US this year is a possibility should f/F do enough sales to justify it.

Caladrius

I think I'm going to go ahead, get the game and double dip with the US PS3 version. (That's how I did it with the first Diva F.)

Thanks for the help.

Alright, submitted my final entry! I doubt I'll be able to get any better than that without great pain and suffering. I have hope that I'll be able to make top 3 (at least out of people who can receive prizes); my only regret is that I already bought the Extra Songs DLC.

Blu(e)

Gave up on getting that Perfect ;_;. Submitted the best score I had. If I had just played just a little more I may have gotten it but it's way too late for that now.

yyr

When I guessed that the winning score would be 420,500, I was sitting with 417,620 and some pure speculation.

I can now say with certainty that the winning score will be higher.

Good luck to those submitting last-minute entries!

I have once again remembered how nerve-wracking and stressful this game can be. I spent a good part of the last 90 minutes shaking, sweating and of course restarting, heh.

You know... one of the awesome things of having the Project Diva f release in the west is that... I now see a lot more people worse at me than this game, LOLOLOLOLOL.

All friends playing this game is either a long time rhythm game player, or just plain better than I am.

I personally believe that we're all good at rhythm games, it's just a question of how much practice we individually have. That said, some people require less practice to get to a high level than others.

I have been playing step games (and by extension, music games) on a continuous basis since I started playing DDR in 2001. I still play In The Groove 2 regularly and can clear the majority of 11s that I play, but I don't really have the stamina to do anything harder. My accuracy is consistently between 90-95% on harder charts, 96-99.5% on easier ones. And guess what? At the yearly tournament at 8 on the Break in Dunellen, NJ, I've lost count of the number of times that I see some teenager I'd never seen before, mashing away on some 14 or 15 with robotic accuracy, then ask around and am told that he started playing 4 months ago.

So basically my philosophy is that there will always be someone higher on the ladder than you, and someone lower, and we climb it at different speeds...but we're all on the same ladder.

H5XHWut.png

The Results

22 people participated in this challenge! Win or lose, I hope everyone had fun!

The top three scorers of this challenge were:

1. yyr, with 422720 (432/14)
  2. macklelol, with 422280 (431/15)
  3. Kumubou, with 420510 (426/20)

macklelol was once again not participating in the prize pool, so the third prize goes to the runner-up, Pangya. The winners should now PM me with their choice of prizes and I will get the ball rolling on getting codes with your choices.

Thanks goes once again to Sega of America for furnishing the prizes for this challenge. Congratulations!

i've heard people say that this game is confirmed to never get a price cut/sale.

is this true? who said this?

Comes from Sega themselves, in this very thread:

Just want to also comment on this while I'm here... you won't find us doing any notable discounts for either the PS VITA or the PS3 version when it comes to Miku. We don't want to condition fans to simply wait for a price drop a little ways down the road - we want to reward people who jump in early and support the launch of titles like this.

You can see part of that strategy via what we did with the PS3 physical copies - we made a limited run available and then stuck with our release price, even as places like Gamestop and Amazon sold out. In the long-term, those copies become rare and get some nice added value for the people who supported us from Day 1.

Different from what you may expect, but please get used to that - in a good way - when it comes to Miku.

yyr

i've heard people say that this game is confirmed to never get a price cut/sale.

This is typical for niche games...most single-player RPGs, strategy games, music games, shoot-em-ups.

The demand is lower than mass-market games so fewer copies are available, or it's made digital-only. The demand for physical copies never exceeds the supply, and the people buying the games already know that they'll get their money's worth, so there is no reason to lower the price.

In this game's case, there is more than enough gameplay here to justify the full price. $30 for the Vita version is a steal. I have sunk more than 100 hours into that version alone.

I am shocked that I won by more than 200 points, to be honest. The chart is just really tricky...the long pauses in between the runs only make it more difficult!

Congratulations to everyone who submitted a score, regardless of how you placed. Quite honestly, I have no chance of winning most competitions/tournaments I enter; I just enjoy competing =) I hope you all enjoy competing as much as I do =)

The scoring system in the game is really interesting. In this particular chart, two things matter more than most:
1) Non-Cools cost you more points during Chance Time than in other sections, and
2) Getting a non-Cool at the beginning of a hold halves the amount of points the hold is worth.
And there were a LOT of holds...

calc84maniac, that's a great score and very good accuracy =) Nothing to sneeze at!

Kumubou

Honestly, my goal was to get an EX% score of 98%, which would have been 17 or fewer goods (that's more of a concept from Bemani games, but the arcade Project Diva games use it too). I think I could have done better -- maybe even enough to win it -- but I was slowly losing my mind playing that song over and over again.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I admit it was pretty funny earlier when I saw that the Median score was 407730 and I thought "Hey that's my scor-.. oh!" XD

Congrats to the winners!

HkMg62N.gif

dani_dc

I ended up buying this game on a whim after seeing it was released on the Vita for 30 euros.

Hardly a Miku fan, but I was itching for a rythm game.
Enjoying the game a lot, played 16 hours in around 10 days, and I have only now started aiming for "perfects" (I'm convinced I will never be able to beat most strongs in Extreme though) and I'm still wanting more.

I'm too mistake prone to get "Perfects" regularly, and as soon as I'm nearing the end I get extremely conscious not just of the timing of the song but of my body (itching, fingers touching the palm of my hands and so on) which distracts me from the game greatly.

This probably doesn't seem like a big deal to people who play on Hard and Extreme, but since this is my first rhythm game it kind of is to me haha.

First Perfect! And on what is probably my favourite song alongside Remote Control. Decided to try and get one since I've completed all the songs on Normal with Excellent, and Hard was doing my head in a bit (Struggling to even get Great, sometimes even just passing is difficult). By the end of this last run through the song and having a 300+ chain I was freaking out not wanting to break it, managed to keep my shit together in the end though lol.

Amusingly, my first perfect was also Melancholist in Normal while playing with Future Rin. It was a great feeling to finally manage to get a perfect.

yyr

(itching, fingers touching the palm of my hands and so on)

The stressful, tingly feeling one gets when closing in on a full combo in this, and similar games (like beatmania IIDX), is one of the reasons I love these games so much.

dani_dc

The stressful, tingly feeling one gets when closing in on a full combo in this, and similar games (like beatmania IIDX), is one of the reasons I love these games so much.

I wouldn't call those feelings "enjoyment" per say, they actually annoys me, but at the same time I can't stop, I have to do better! And the feeling of acheivement when you get the score you wanted is realyl damn good.

Top Bottom