• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hasbro May Sell Dungeons & Dragons to Tencent, Larian Acting As Intermediary

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow. D&D in the hands of Chinese Tencent. Who would had guessed. Go woke, go broke. lol
Then they want the game to change from being about adventure to being about slice of life, so many many books change to reflect that.
If this is true I'm not surprised at all.

If there's one thing about modern day political drama queens is they want work, products, media etc... to all revolve around their depressing home life crisis. Traditionally, people have been big supporters of not blending in personal shenanigans with career, coworkers and entertainment. Or else it'll just be one giant miserable grindy extension 24/7. People want to get away and do other things. Kind of like going on vacation to a resort and get away from shit for a couple weeks.

Leave it to weird people to want everything to morph into their hilariously bad daily life. You'd think the weirder the situation, the more someone wants to get away. But oddly, they love it more and want it more. lol.

It might get to a point a microwave oven reflects people lives. For me, I just want a microwave to cook my food. Thats it. But a product manager in the future might evolve it so not only does it cook your food, but it also conforms to a person's lifestyle and politics. A single beep means the cooking is done. A double beep means dont forget to vote next month. A triple beep means dont forget to confirm your gender identity next time you create a character in D&D.

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Woof...

I'm pretty sure DnD will be worse with Chinese mega overlords and CCP control
song GIF

Gojiira

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮
DnD might be woke as fuck right now,but ugh Tencent will just kill it…
Idk if I should care or not given these cunts thought Black Aragorn and removal of Half Breeds was a good idea but Idk

poodaddy

Yeah fuck it, let's just give up all the most valuable IP to the CCP when we don't like how a Western company handles it, what could go wrong?

clown grave GIF

Xenon

This goes over how this rumor may have started. The guy Made a video a few weeks back. Talking about what he thought may happen to the D&D license. The news article so closely fits what he said, he thinks it may have been picked up by a new scraper bot.

Top Bottom