• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Birthday!! 9/9/99 <sniff sniff>

I just wanted to wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to someone very near and dear not only to my herart - but alot of other hearts out there as well..

158975s.jpg

Gonna give mine a great big hug and play it all day ....

Dam you Sega... <sniff sniff>

OmniGamer

Awesome!

DC...the only system I was COMPELLED to get at launch(besides the N64...well actually I wanted that for Christmas, but damn shortages).

DC+Sonic Adventure+Soul Calibur was just too sweet for words. New School(College)...New System...(too bad both met the same untimely and ugly demise, lol)

AeroGod

I shall play a few games of Power Stone to celebrate this most special holiday.

Dreamcast is the best console ever!

Ironclad

dreamcast9mk.jpg

Happy birthday good buddy. Going to cap the day off by playing some TotD, Soul Calibur, Power Stone, sit back and marvel at Shenmue and enjoy the great memories.

Wollan

That's right, PlayStation is 10 years today. It deserves the applauce much more than that other overhyped white failure. For shame Sega. For shame! :lol

Nah, DC wasn't bad.

After sitting out the PSX/Saturn era, buying a Dreamcast on launch day got me back into the world of gaming.

The DC left this world much too early.

Its hard to believe that the dreamcast was originally intended to last this whole generation. I honestly wonder what things would be like if games were still developped for it.

ManaByte said:
playstation0ti.jpg

10th Anniversary in the US.

Oh yeah, baby.

*stomps on Dreamcast grave*

Just kidding, actually it was Shenmue and seeing a video of the game in motion on Daily Radar that got me convinced that I had to own a Dreamcast after selling my N64 years back when I was finished with Goldeneye and bored with it.

Ironclad

Red Scarlet said:
Didn't Typing of the Dead also come out for PC? I wanted to get that for my mom (she likes HotD2).
Yeah it did. I played the Dreamcast version all the time and my dad wanted to learn how to type so instead of buying some typing tutor, I just went out and picked up the PC version as well so he could use that. He would play it endlessly and now he types at insane speeds. Which reminds me, I don't have it installed on this computer. Guess I forgot to install it when I bought my new computer. Well, my Dreamcast has always been hooked up to my television so I don't really need to install it after all.

Red Scarlet

Yeah, exactly why I wanted to grab it. :lol

I could play Confidential Mission or Capcom vs SNK..SF3 3S if I could find it..

Miburou said:
Someone should make a thread celebrating the PS1's 10th anniversary.

I think the point here is to further piss on the Dreamcast grave by celebrating the 10-year lifespan of the PlayStation and its total dominance of the videogame market.

Or something to that effect.

I still remember how excited I was that day - even though I had a package from SEGA the week before for running segaunderground.com.

I miss free games.... =(

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
My favourite console. I have never been as excited about a console's launch before or since, and I have never had as many games on the one platform either. Part of my gaming soul died when they announced Sega was going 3rd party.

I still think if only EA had gotten on board Sega could have turned things around.

*Looks at next gen Sonic*
*cries*

newsguy

I still remember that year when every host at the MTV (music?) awards recieved a free DC. I watched in glee as Method Man played NFL2K in his greenroom. Happy Birthday friend.

Tain

What an amazing run. I always had something to play and something to look forward to on that thing.

Not much of a reason to keep it hooked up anymore, though, save for VOOT, Powerstone, JGR, and maybe VF3. Oddball stuff that I generally won't play daily.

Starfire

:( R.I.P. DC, sad to know that I won't be buying a Sega console next-gen. Mine still sees regular everyday use (an unfinished game of Ecco: Defender of the Future awaits me as I speak).

Why was life so cruel to end the life of Dreamcast. I'm going to wax my Dreamcast and give it some VGA goodness today.

Wetrix+ here I come, Then Bust a move 4, and then Driller, and then the entire SNK library.

bjork

I remember getting Sonic Adventure on launch day and seeing the NiGHTS pinball level, thinking that was sure evidence that they'd be making a sequel or that the original would be unlockable on SA somehow.

:( :( :(

Also: isn't PS1 9/5/95?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
My Dreamycast is always nicely hooked up with VGA to its own monitor ^_^

Today I'll give Shenmue a spin and hopefully get past the annoying sneak into Warehouse #8 part then it'll be on to Crazy Taxi 1 & 2 and some MvsC2 ta round things off.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lindsay said:
Today I'll give Shenmue a spin and hopefully get past the annoying sneak into Warehouse #8 part

Ugh that was the toughest part of the game for me. Took me forever.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
byproduct said:
Ugh that was the toughest part of the game for me. Took me forever.
Same here, I tried so many times that I had some guy come tell me I could wait a few hours and there would be no one guarding there anymore. Shame on me :D

ourumov

Quite probably the best stystem this gen. It had the best lineup and only in a couple of years...Simply awesome. Happy Birthad Dreamcast !

Gek54

Dispised my dreamcast. Shitty rally games, shitty GT wanna be games, I loathed the controler from the sharp grips to the blister inducing analog stick and buttons. F355, Le Mans and Virtua Tennis were the only diamonds in the rough for me.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I almost forgot. Looks like I have to make sure my Dreamcast gets hooked back up again today some time. Almost all of my consoles have yet to be unpacked still since the move a month ago, but the Dreamcast gets put back in its rightful spot later today with my annual DC birthday salute. Which would be many many rounds of Street Fighter III Third Strike. :D

Happy 6th, old friend.

Reptilia

My favorite console. :(

I remember having a blast at launch with SA, HOTD2, that F1 racing game, and Blue Stinger.

Top Bottom