• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Handheld battery replacement thread

Kupfer

Long story short:

Found my first PSP 1004 in the basement, battery is obviously dead and finding a good one today seems to not be that easy since there aren't any "new" original ones out there and third party ones even have different values.
I thought to myself :"Well, you don't just want to buy one replacement battery, you want to order a replacement battery for each and every handheld you own."

Since I have like a a dozen of handhelds and different models of each handheld with integrated batteries, I wanted to ask for recommendations first.

For my old PSP, I found this one and Reichelt is pretty trustworthy. But on my original battery it says "3.6V 1800mah" and I want at least an equal one again.

Already changed:
A few years ago I bought these two batteries for my launch day dualshock 4 controllers.
Without the plastic cover that surrounds the original battery, this new battery fits in beautifully. However, the batteries arrived with the wrong polarity plug, but this can be easily loosened with a needle and turned around. Playtime was doubled, if not tripled (8 year old 1000mah battery gave me like 4 hours in the end) and they worked great.

So, if you ever bought a replacement battery for your handheld and have some information and good or bad experiences about it, please share it here.
Doesn't matter if PSP, Vita, DS, PSPGO, 3DS or even replacement batteries for your controllers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom