• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite is a prime example of why it's fun to make memes

GymWolf

rQUvj6U.gif

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize this was the meme thread.
If you want to continue this. let's do it somewhere else.

Yep clearly the game is bad because MS hired too many women, gay people and ethnic minorities. Sheesh.

That's not my claim.
Feel free to address my claims.

There's zero evidence that their diversity agenda (which may just be all PR as far as we know) has caused the game to look terrible.

I'm not claiming it did, nor was I presenting evidence corroborating such claim.

I was however responding to a specific post making certain allegations.

I explained why Diversity quotas and the rational interest of wanting to hire the best possible people for the job can be incompatible.

I do understand your point, honestly I do. But isn't the idea to hire the best candidate and not just the best white candidate?

Which company in the last few decades set out to hire whites only?

Again, if you view the world through the lens of Diversity then you'll expect that the top candidates throughout the years will increasingly, deterministically, sample the population at large. Yet all sorts of justifications could explain the disparity. If a certain demographic seems to fare above average in STEM, for whatever reason, so what? Why would you not want the top people? So your competition can hire them?

If they're all black, hire them. If they're all women in their forties with two kids, hire them as well. If they're white, so be it. If one is white, two are blacks and five are elderly women, go for it.

This attack on meritocracy is insidious.

Additionally, the proclaimed need for diversity seems to occupy a very narrow band. Race, gender and sexual orientation are all kosher. But diversity that matters the most, of thought, of worldview, nah, that is deemed an instance of Whataboutism.

Maybe MS have been doing the latter and have passed up on some very talented people?

You're suggesting Microsoft has been hiring whites only?
That'd be hilarious.

It's all just conjecture, yet yours is potentially damaging and insulting.

It's not my conjecture, so you take it up with someone else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom