• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Forge Fundamentals – Scripting & Bots

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Let's have a positive Halo thread for a change ;)

Text article:

Premiering in 2 hours.

For the first time in Halo, Forge will feature a visual scripting tool and support Bots on user-generated maps. Halo Infinite’s new node graph flow makes scripting more powerful and intuitive than ever before. Additionally, the brand-new Bot navigation tools enable every Forge map to support Bots for testing and playing your favorite creations.

Join the team at 343 Industries as we demonstrate Halo Infinite's intuitive, yet powerful, scripting tools to create a game mode from scratch and then play it with Bots. Forge, an extremely powerful tool within Halo Infinite, will allow you to create your own maps, modes, and objects like never before. Later this year, the Forge Beta will arrive in Halo Infinite as part of the Winter Update.

Last edited:

Premiering in 2 hours.

This game will continue to get support and sooner or later it will reach a good place just like Sea of Thieves. MS should have managed 343i much better and lots of features and modes should have been available day one. The good thing is that fundamental base is good and once the content comes out regularly things will be much better.

Jennings

Well, personally I hope battle royale fails simply because I don't like battle royale games and I'd like their future resources put towards things I like better. But on the otherhand, it could be just the thing to turn Halo into the next Titanfall: Apex Legends.

adamsapple

Well, personally I hope battle royale fails simply because I don't like battle royale games and I'd like their future resources put towards things I like better. But on the otherhand, it could be just the thing to turn Halo into the next Titanfall: Apex Legends.

I think every company which makes PVP type MP games is looking at Fortnite's success and wants a piece of that pie.

anthony2690

Banned
I'm starting to think with how ambitious forge is, I think I can be more forgiving off all the delays/lack off extra content. (What has been disappointing)

Winter update, looks like a much better update than season 2 imo:
Forge
2 new maps
Free 30 tier battle pass
Co op Campaign

But what I really really want & I can imagine many other players want is a proper progression system (only levelling up a battle pass, is a bit pants)

I'm also wondering what this new mode by creative assembly is going to be too.

& I really hope they are working on the endless campaign expansion too (as I loved the campaign & want more) :)

adamsapple

& I really hope they are working on the endless campaign expansion too (as I loved the campaign & want more) :)

That's definitely gonna take a back seat while they fix the infra stuff. Probably no campaign stuff until late 2023 or 2024 if I were to guess.

anthony2690

Banned
That's definitely gonna take a back seat while they fix the infra stuff. Probably no campaign stuff until late 2023 or 2024 if I were to guess.
That's a shame, but on the plus side there is no shortage of other games to play whilst I wait :)
End of 2022/2023 looks to be insane.
& I still really enjoy playing online every other day, been having a lot of fun with the yappening. :)

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member

Premiering in 2 hours.

You should put the article in your post, it is a good one :

adamsapple

You should put the article in your post, it is a good one :

Thanks, edited OP.

I'm so conflicted when it comes to Halo Infinite, I enjoyed the game but also so much wasted potential. Probably the worst handled franchise since Mass Effect. It seems Phil has finally decided to step in and sort shit out, here's hoping Halo can get back on track.

Dutchy

Forge actually looking insane. But every example I've seen of maps still look very smooth/ugly like Halo 5. Even when materials and textures are applied. I'm all about fun over looks but I couldn't be bothered playing any forge map in 5 because it looked like HQ spartan models imported to a Roblox game. Somehow I doubt they will improve on this.

I kinda wonder if it's even worth putting this much time and resources into a mode that was an absolute neccesity at launch but right now probably won't even rake in a couple thousand players.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Forge + Battle Royale mode launch will probably give the game a big positive push, both in engagement and PR, that it desperately needs after the string of bad news.

Is there anything to suggest that a BR mode is in development?

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Respawn dev

Also a video on evolution of forge before Infinite since Halo 3 and it's inspiration from Halo CE Editing Kit and before that the Marathon Map Editor

Droxcy

With Scripting, we'll be able to create cool game modes like a BR, etc but not getting my hopes up just yet. Forge will bring back some of the community but not everyone. I told my friends about Forge and they didn't even know what it was.

Maybe we can save the competitive scene with this and bring back the classic game modes from Halo 3 that people loved playing.

So because you don't like something you hope it goes bad and fails, while someone else might be really enjoying it? This must be you.
hvzEuOS.jpg

Last edited:

Jennings

It's not even made by 343i, it's being developed by Certain Affinity.
And I would prefer they develop something I enjoy. I'm not sure why this is a controversial preference. Wouldn't most gamers prefer developers release games and modes they enjoy?

FireFly

Yes. I would prefer to see development resources put towards things I enjoy.
Development resources must be justified and right now Infinite's popularity is going in the wrong direction. The point of a BR mode is to bring more revenue to the game that can be used for other projects.

Jennings

Development resources must be justified and right now Infinite's popularity is going in the wrong direction. The point of a BR mode is to bring more revenue to the game that can be used for other projects.
Which is why in the same post I also said "But on the other hand, it could be just the thing to turn Halo into the next Titanfall: Apex Legends." I understand the concept of appealing to popularity.

BabyYoda

Banned
As the person at the top while it was developed she gets all the blame for the bad stuff and all the credit for the good stuff. It's one of the fringe benefits of being in the hot seat.
More like, she's responsible for the bad and the good stuff (not much to talk about) is despite her.

Top Bottom