• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians is free

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I can’t believe it’s almost been 5 years. I still wonder how they’ll continue the story after Halo 5. The graphics were the best part of this game. I got mine back at launch, but it’s a very good deal at no cost.

Dont fall for it. It's not even worth playing.

One of the most tedious and mediocre games ive ever played.

heard good things about the mp though.
How can you say it's not worth playing, but then say you heard good things about the MP? How can you even consider having an opinion on this game?

Personally, I found the MP to be fantastic and the best part of this game. The Single player was just OK and not on par with what the fans are used to in a Halo game. Story aside, the SP portion of the game lacked the charm of the previous installments and the Prometheans were non-reactive bullet sponges. Hated them.

Last edited:

YAH MAKAVELI

Neo Member
Sarcastic typo

It's Microsoft giving a free copy away to one of the best multiplayer games of this generation for free.....

Trash game

Last edited:

Barakov

It free right now for anyone that want it.

tnJn7MC.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
How can you say it's not worth playing, but then say you heard good things about the MP? How can you even consider having an opinion on this game?

Personally, I found the MP to be fantastic and the best part of this game. The Single player was just OK and not on par with what the fans are used to in a Halo game. Story aside, the SP portion of the game lacked the charm of the previous installments and the Prometheans were non-reactive bullet sponges. Hated them.
i shouldve clarified i was talking about the sp.

too bad that it seems you didnt play the good part of H5.

Halo MP just never clicked with me for some reason.

Last edited:

Codes 208

The multiplayer is easily the best since peak bungie era. (Gameplay-wise, yes I would say it’s better than reach and 4)

Campaign is literal garbage that makes even Craig look like a masterpiece.

so you know, checks and balances or some shit.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Good but too late. They should have had a plan to do this the minute the MP matchmaking times exceeded like 2-3 minutes. Once that happens it's a death spiral where people assume the game is dead, they leave, then there's less players and it just has a compound effect.

The MP was brilliant and it always saddened me to see it die so fast.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Brilliant MP.
Well worth trying if you haven't played yet.
Dont fall for it. It's not even worth playing.

One of the most tedious and mediocre campaigns ive ever played.

heard good things about the mp though.

Can’t be stated enough. Forget 343 campaigns. Somehow the multiplayer ended up one of the best, most beautifully tuned, and fun competitive games of the generation.

I gave up on the campaign not long after starting, but I’ve been addicted to the multiplayer component for months.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Thank you OP, nice find.. I have the game already on disc but went ahead and got this too in case I ever lose or break the disk.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Re: Halo 5 being good/bad:

SP is awful. MP is "we have Halo at home". It isn't a bad shooter it just isn't Halo. I think a slimmed down version of the MP released as its own IP could do pretty well. There is still a huge market for a classic Halo game with modern dressing.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One of the few Xbox One games I actually have on disc (it came bundled with my One S a few years ago). Even though it's on Game Pass, I went ahead and got the permanent code.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Iced Arcade

Actually enjoyed H5 except like everyone else I play Halo to play as 117 NOT Agent Locke.

Also fighting prometheans is dry and boring like any other game where you fight robots (I know they are technically not bots).

Fuck I hope prometheans are no where near Halo infinite

BeardGawd

Banned
I've been playing this for the first time since it's on Game Pass and the campaign is really fun and the graphics surprised me. Not sure what all the negative press was about? Maybe it's due to coop but the few friends I've put on the game have echoed the same sentiments.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Can’t be stated enough. Forget 343 campaigns. Somehow the multiplayer ended up one of the best, most beautifully tuned, and fun competitive games of the generation.

I gave up on the campaign not long after starting, but I’ve been addicted to the multiplayer component for months.

For me, Halo 4 has the best campaign of the series, maybe CE is close due to its excellent level designs.
Halo 5 SP is a complete missed opportunity, specially because of the non existent story, although levels are ok.

pulga

Banned
Anyone able to snag a spare code? Site keeps telling me I already have an account (on 2 different emails!) when it's simply not true lol

Top Bottom