• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Life 2:ARCADE by Taito

Never thought I'd see the day...
am_tai13.jpg

game_image1l.jpg

game_image3l.jpg

game_image4l.jpg

http://hl2survivor.net

Also, Isn't Taito about to be bought by Square/Enix?

Hmm... My twisted train of thought has brought me to the conclusion that a CG Half Life movie by Square would ROCK.

civilstrife said:
Hmm... My twisted train of thought has brought me to the conclusion that a CG Half Life movie by Square would ROCK.

It would be hard to market a game about a floating camera as the main character

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Hey john tv,

As much as I agree with you that Taito hasn't done shit in years, you gotta agree...this is pretty cool :)

JackFrost2012 said:
My local arcade is getting a 32-unit CounterStrike Neo setup later this fall.

That's awesome. I'd like to play the game sometime just to see what it's like. Anyway, concerning Half-Life 2, I never did finish the game on PC...I'm considering buying it on the Xbox this October, but I'm not sure yet.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
It would be awesome if it were a gun game like house of the dead or time crisis. The levels lend themselves well to that sort of game as well.

ToyMachine228 said:
That's awesome. I'd like to play the game sometime just to see what it's like. Anyway, concerning Half-Life 2, I never did finish the game on PC...I'm considering buying it on the Xbox this October, but I'm not sure yet.

I've never played Counterstrike, so I dunno how good my impressions will be, but I'll go check out Neo once it arrives. JUST FOR YOU, GAF, JUST FOR YOU.

Didn't I hear about this quite awhile ago, and it was going to have a "seat" that was fashioned after the hovercraft for the 'driving' levels? Maybe I have some crazy ass dreams or something.

I remember I had a Dave and Busters that had an Unreal Tournament dual arcade set. Unfortunatley the system was starting to fail, so they got rid of it.

It wasnt too hot, the sound was too loud, the headset was busted in it, and I'd much rather have a mouse + keyboard setup instead of...dual joysticks, ugh.

jarrod

Banned
Society said:
What board is this on, any specs? Tatio Type X? Never heard of it.
Taito Type-X
-CPU: Celeron 2.5Ghz (upgradable to Pentium 4 2.8GHz)
-FSB: 400MHz (Upgradable to 800MHz)
-Chipset: Intel 865G
-Memory: DDR266 DIMM 256MB (upgradable to DDR400 2GB)
-Graphics Board: AGP Radeon 9200SE (128 MB) through to X800XT (256 MB) (complete ATI Radeon Range)
-Audio: AC97 onboard 6 channel audio CODEC
-Lan: On-board 10/100Base-TX
-USB: 4ch (ver 1.1 & 2.0 compatible)
-Parallel port: 1 port
-PS/2 port: keyboard, mouse
-PCI: 2 slots
-IDE: 2ch U-DMA(100/66/33)
-Serial ATA: 2ch
-Audio inputs: Microphone (stereo pin-jack), line-in (stereo pin-jack)
-Audio outputs: line-out (stereo pin-jack), SPDI/F
-Power: ATX AC 100v

Game List
-Battle Gear 4 (Taito)
-Big Buck Hunter Pro (Raw Thrills)
-Chaos Breaker (Eolith)
-Gigawing Generations (Takumi)
-Half-Life II: Survivor (Valve)
-Harikiri Online Pro Baseball (Taito)
-Homera (Skonec)
-Kyoryu Taisen Dino King: Card Game (D-Gate)
-Mirai Eigou: Taisen Hot Gimmick 5 (X-Nauts)
-Usagi Online: Seeing Final (Warashi)
-Raiden III (Moss)
-Shikigami no Shiro III (Alfa System)
-Spica Adventure (Taito)
-Target: Force (Raw Thrills)
-Tatacapai Online: Rabbit-Wild (Taito)
-Tetris the Grand Master 3: Terror Instinct (Arika)
-The Fast and the Furious: Wild Speed (Raw Thrills)
-ZOIDS Infinity EX (Tomy)

pxleyes

Banned
No, just no.

There is a second stick on the left for controlling movement.

You can see the female combine in front of the barrels on the left hand side of that shot.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Colorful hud plus there seems to be a female combine in there
That HL2's assasin. It was dropped from the game during the development stages but it looks like Valve decided to use it for the multiplayer mode. Interesting.

I just saw a GTA San Andreas arcade machine in Mexico.
I bet my fingers it was not R* sanctioned :D

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
What's with the low resolution? If they're going to use a PC to run the thing, they should use a more suitable one.

This is weird.

Yusaku

Wow that looks horseshit. Look at the ground textures, no AA or AF. What are they running it on, a GeForce 3?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
shuri said:
haha, thats hilarious. Describe it

Actually, although it was probably a PS2 and slidecard reader as poster above described, the GTA machine actually had nice, official looking cabinet art, although it was plainly "unofficial."

It's in Sayulita, right by the Plaza for anyone in the neighborhood.

Top Bottom