• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy and Alien Soldier announced for...

Izzy

Banned
PS2.

They are a part of SEGA's upcoming 'Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 25: Gunstar Heroes: Treasure Box' compilation. Release date? 2/23/06 in JP.

Discuss.

Hydro_Alexis said:
PISSED! i so badly wanted this to be for the micro but good news for ps2 owners that love some 2D side scrolling action.

Screw that!! Xbox Live Arcade!! I'd fork over cash easily for those titles. <hugs & kisses his treasured Alien Solider import>.

jgkspsx

Izzy said:
PS2.

They are a part of SEGA's upcoming 'Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 25: Gunstar Heroes: Treasure Box' compilation. Release date? 2/23/06 in JP.

Discuss.
A) It's old. VERY VERY old.
B) Your topic suggests there was some new development.
C) You bastard.

Mrbob

Apharmd Battler said:
Screw that!! Xbox Live Arcade!! I'd fork over cash easily for those titles. <hugs & kisses his treasured Alien Solider import>.

Nice compilation for PS2, but we'll we even see this on our shores?

Xbox Live Arcade would be better choice too. :D

jgkspsx said:
A) It's old. VERY VERY old.

The release date was announced today :)

Something interesting from 1up

1UP: Do you have any involvement with the upcoming Treasure Box compilation coming out in Japan, and if so, is there anything you can tell us about it?

Masato Maegawa: I am involved with the project as a supervisor and will be focusing on ensuring that the three Genesis titles run smoothly. The development will be overseen by SEGA, and we are planning to include various bonus elements.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143653

It's nice to see Treasure is involved and I'm looking forward to the bonus content.

D-X

Was Dynamite Headdy 64 just a rumour? Could've sworn I saw it in an old issue of Tricks and Tips.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
So does this mean that these games are going to be updated with those awkward polygonal graphics? That'll be interesting. If the play relatively the same as the old versions then i'll probably look into buying this.

FortNinety said:
This is my first time hearing of such a game.

Gamefan mentioned it in one of their many "I was this was a real game" columns.

They even had a 'screenshot', which was merely the Japanese box art(that happened to look like N64 graphics.)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'll definitely pick this up, though i already have the three games in question. i'm used to playing a pal version of alien soldier on an ntsc system, which consequently runs about 20% too fast...i wonder if i'll like the game less at its actual speed.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
If Treasure is closely involved with the porting process, I'll grab it on day one. The previous Sega Ages comp had me a bit worried.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If done right, I really wouldn't mind seeing a 2.5D version of those games as well as the original versions included. However I'd much rather see this on PSP than PS2.

CO_Andy said:
Only 3 games? That's pitiful compared to the Cap Classics, but i'm still getting it.
When one of the games in the set (Alien Soldier) goes for $200+ regularly on auction sites, I'd say it's worth it to get it with two other games for $23. Since this is a collection of Megadrive/Genesis games that Sega owns the rights to, I suppose they could have included Light Crusader, but that probably bombed too hard for them to bother porting it.

Top Bottom