• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Dark Descent launches June 20

ZoukGalaxy

Real-time strategy game
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

What a waste.

DragonNCM

Aliens-Dark-Descent-Dated_03-21-23-1024x576.jpg

Real-time strategy game Aliens: Dark Descent will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on June 20, publisher Focus Entertainment and developer Tindalos Interactive announced.

Here is an overview of the game, via Focus Entertainment:

Watch a new trailer below, via IGN.

cut-it.gif

wipeout364

You’re right. Unfortunately, Alien was absolutely lightning in a bottle. So, too, was Isolation. The product of miraculous time, place, and circumstance. It probably won’t ever happen again. But I would sure like it to.

With creative assembly in shambles, I don’t even know who I would want on the project. I genuinely can’t think of a dream developer for it. Hell I don’t even trust Ridley Scott with it anymore. He proved he’s jumped the fuckin shark with Prometheus and David.

Who knows. Maybe this game will blow my tits off.
Why is creative assembly in shambles ? Honest question not trying to disagree, I have enjoyed several of their games over the years and I had not heard there were recent problems at the studio.

Comandr

Why is creative assembly in shambles ? Honest question not trying to disagree, I have enjoyed several of their games over the years and I had not heard there were recent problems at the studio.
There isn’t necessarily anything wrong with CA itself but a lot of the talent that worked on Isolation have left the company. Fresh eyes and hands on the project aren’t necessarily a bad thing though.

Isolation had a phenomenal sound design and I would just want all of the same crew working on a follow up.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Who said anything about a shooter?
I used it as an example. We've had plenty of action games based on the franchise and it's not like RTS is a genre that's on fire these days. Why not try something that's less ubiqutous for a change and if you really want a more personal Alien experience then there's a whole heap of games to go back to already.

RAIDEN1

Why couldn't we have had a Ripley related story instead, yet again we are back to a squad based shooter...

Why couldn't we have had a Ripley related story instead, yet again we are back to a squad based shooter...

Ripley's story is pretty well laid out in the movies, don't know where you would fit a new game narrative in there, and none of the movies seem like they would make a very good game (Maybe 3?)

Edit: Unless you meant her daughter, forgot "Ripley" was also the protagonist of Isolation.

Last edited:

Muay Ninja

Alien Isolation was not only a fantastic game and a love letter to the fans but it was one of the best games of the previous generation.

I don't get why we can only have one good Alien game once every 20 years...

Bugs aside (pun intended), Fireteam Elite was a pretty decent lil romp tbh. I enjoyed it any way. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Thanati

I have literally never heard of any of this studio’s prior games. And I LIKE puzzle bobble. It also appears that the overwhelming majority of their games are VR centric/exclusive.

The blurb on their website says this game will be about a grizzled veteran with a vendetta against xenomorphs. Coming soon to consoles pc and vr.

To me this screams action hero bug hunt shoot ‘em up.

1979’s Alien is my favorite movie of all time. It’s wonderfully paced, has a unique cast of Everyman characters. The story takes its time to flesh them out before ripping that flesh off. All set against a seemingly unkillable, unstoppable force. It’s always one step ahead, and foils every one of their plans. You can’t even see it when you’re looking right at it. There are two scenes when the alien is plainly in view on the screen but his design is so biomechanical you don’t even realize you’re looking at it. Even in the end they can’t kill it. They just have to get rid of it.

I want a game that treats the xenomorph with that sort of reverence. Alien is fear itself. It’s the unknown, the undulating shadow in the dark.

I can’t help but sigh and give up what little hope I’ve mustered for a new game like that, or at least one interesting and compelling. This game is just any of the other games that various posters have mentioned with an aliens skin on it. Getting new games in your franchise is a good thing unless they are consistently subpar and only further poison the well.

I’d rather have one game every ten years that people still talk about with respect today like Isolation than a smattering of forgettable titles. It really feels like the powers that be are just throwing whatever shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. But then not listening to feedback to give people more of what they want.

Okay I’m done.

TL;DR: Fuck this game. And fuck Survios’ game too while you’re at it. :mad:
Erm, wow.

It's a game that you haven't even tried yet.

Top Bottom