• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Hominid HD Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

Surprise, Alien Hominid returns! The award-winning 2D side-scroller is back for a new generation of gamers! Co-launching with Alien Hominid Invasion, Alien Hominid HD will be available on Steam, Nintendo Switch, XBOX One, and XBOX Series X | S.Alien Hominid HD was THE game that created The Behemoth back in 2003, and we are thrilled for this opportunity to bring our first game back and prevent its disappearance from modern consoles. The game will be available for purchase on its own or as part of a discounted bundle with Alien Hominid Invasion when they both release. Details on release dates for both titles will be announced soon!

draliko

Animated GIF

Shifty1897

Not launching on PS4/5? Again, why lol. These guys have a history of doing this with their games, despite the original AH launching on PS2.
I can only assume Microsoft is paying loco amounts of money. Microsoft, hit me up, I'd be more than happy to take a check and make a game platform exclusive for ya.

Cashon

Banned
This makes sense. I just noticed a few days ago in my library that the XBLA release of "Alien Homind HD" just had its cover art changed to say "Alien Hominid 360" so I figured this was coming
I noticed that too and thought it was an odd thing to change. Makes sense now.

nikos

Wow, haven't seen that name in years. I forget if I played this. Probably did and never finished, like everything else. Think I'll pick it up.

Thought that studio was dead and buried
Their main voice actor guy (Stamper Douglas ? I think) , became a social wreck and is now completely unhinged apparently. Pit People also nearly wrecked their company as it barely made any money as far I remember, and it had no staying power at all. This is them going back to the nostalgia well, their 5th game is also an Alien Hominid Co-Op game called Invasion and not an original concept, but I think they need the money at this point. Pit People was not bad though and it is a shame it never sold well for them.

Not launching on PS4/5? Again, why lol. These guys have a history of doing this with their games, despite the original AH launching on PS2.
The wonders of MS. Always picking off these smaller games that won't make a bit of difference in sales. I guess they're more affordable to get, but it still makes absolutely no sense.

Top Bottom