• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It'll probably be 2.5k since it's the GX and will have the Satellite Cannon.

Even in Next, the GX was 3k.
I do think it'll be 2.5k too, and I always though that in Next it was 3k because it was both the X and the X-D.

Beckx

Looks like there is a stream going showing the new units in Maxi.

@Gundam_Versus 5m
lol, Re-GZ spawns and respawns in MA mode and You can't turn in MS mode until the meter reaches 0

That would make sense though since that's how ReGZ worked.

Here's hoping Chan will be useful in ironing out MA movement issues.

Still hype for all of these units. Hopefully the lack of GX/Gold Frame info isn't a cloneage cover-up and instead is for keeping the focus on the event-only units (though considering their similarities to other units and price, there wont be too much disappointment if that's the case). 2.5k GX with a good load-out would be everything and a definite main just on the suit alone.

Article on the 6 new units as August DLC:

http://www.gundam.info/topic/11202

GX and Gold Frame Mina are essentially clones of Divider and Gold Frame Ghina, though MIna's Gold Frame is 2500 now along with GX.

GX can change to and from Divider forms like in Next, so Divider's Hyper Bazooka has been moved to GX to compensate for the new BC. Otherwise GX looks fairly standard as far as loadout goes. If the BC switch has momentum and is given some proper cancel routes then I imagine it will be a nice alternative to Divider alone.

The only disappointment imo is keeping the CSb and Burst Attack the same as Divider's since the GX-Bits and especially the Burst were really Jamil specific things in the show, but eh. I guess you could say the same for DX too.

I really should try Doan's Zaku, but I know that it would only end in tears. Me playing a melee focused 1K suit is not going to be good for anyone involved.

It's the only melee suit I play. Try it, it's good for the novelty.

Now I have to because I have no idea why you would ever play a melee suit in the first place.

I really should try Doan's Zaku, but I know that it would only end in tears. Me playing a melee focused 1K suit is not going to be good for anyone involved.
And I was right, 25 matches and only won 1 out of all of them.

DunpealD

Sounds like coinciding with the new batch DLC units, there's also a patch coming.
Official patch notes.

Some of the changes:

- Remote play will be available for single player modes.
- Some music that couldn't be changed before, can now be changed. Mainly menu music. Now you can listen to SEED songs even outside of battle!
- Room creation settings will be memorized.
- Burst type can now be included in the "Favorite unit" option.
- There's now a room closing option like in EXVS that closes automatically after a match ends.

and some other stuff.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Some of the changes:

- Remote play will be available for single player modes.
Getting ready for MB's PS4 version I see.

EDIT: and you missed the MEGATON that the Premium G songs are now properly added to the list of songs in the BGM menu and can be selected in Free Battle!

If Maxi Boost were PS4 that would guarantee no online pass wouldn't it?

Though, how does having multiple regions accounts work on PS4?

Remote play would be fun to test out, though I'd have to play on my main PSN account to do that I imagine. Do you need to be signed into the same account on both PS3 and Vita to use it? If so I could just make a save file on my main profile and try it on that rather than my japanese profile.

Also being able to change music that wasn't possible before is neat stuff too. Being able to save a Burst type to a favorite suit is also good stuff.

Remote play would be fun to test out, though I'd have to play on my main PSN account to do that I imagine. Do you need to be signed into the same account on both PS3 and Vita to use it? If so I could just make a save file on my main profile and try it on that rather than my japanese profile.
Yeah, I'm worried about the same thing. Remote play sounds like a real good way to finish the online missions I haven't done yet and to farm units up to max level. Gonna be kind of useless to me if I can't do that on my japanese account.

AZUMIKE

Picked up the game for the first time in a while. Was just experimenting around in mission mode, and man, this game is solid. Great gameplay, nice polish.

Mokoi

Banned
Hmm I should probably go dust off my copy, and start playing again. I'm scared to see how bad I've gotten since I last played.

Mokoi

Banned
Too much idol, bro

Nahh there can never be too much idol. Although I need to read up on those beginners guides again.

Also oh my, I just noticed that Shiro Amada's RX-79(G) is now dlc. I need it! 08th is like the only gundam show I liked.

X05

MEGATON!!!
Totally, turned Premium G to useless ripoff to just ripoff.

dat JP install base just ain't there. wouldn't be surprised if MB was a pstriple game (or cross gen).
We are 2 years away from that release, plenty of time for the userbase to grow.

Also being able to change music that wasn't possible before is neat stuff too. Being able to save a Burst type to a favorite suit is also good stuff.
Yeah, I'm worried about the same thing. Remote play sounds like a real good way to finish the online missions I haven't done yet and to farm units up to max level. Gonna be kind of useless to me if I can't do that on my japanese account.
Someone would have to test it :p
I would but I'm still PS3-less :(

Picked up the game for the first time in a while. Was just experimenting around in mission mode, and man, this game is solid. Great gameplay, nice polish.
Good that you are enjoying it, the game is brilliant and really really fun :D

I'm the worst player here
More like worst liar.

DunpealD

I'm the worst player here

You're so free you'd make Flux blush.

So I have 1.360 yen that I plan to spend on DLC for this game. From a gameplay perspective which characters are worth buying?

I'd recommend you to wait for the release of the new dlc. Donkey will most probably escape his sackboy pit and and back into the sun to do a vid for each new unit.

If not others may at least post impressions(in the gundamgaf irc chat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)).

RGM79

I bought Garrod+Tifa GX and Altron. Haven't really had a chance to play though.

For those wondering, remote play works fine. My Vita is connected to my NA account while I played the game remotely from the JPN PSN user account on the PS3. I don't expect them to require both systems in remote play to be connected to the same PSN account as it'd be extra overhead that drag down the wireless remote play experience.

The game is a little blurry looking with the expected lag of playing a game off the PS3 through wireless, but otherwise, I'm quite happy with how it handles. I'll have to try remote play over the internet sometime, I have a friend who absolutely loved playing the Gundam VS games on the PSP until his PSP broke, he's sure to enjoy this.

AZUMIKE

Question: Does this game have a quick battle option online? Can I just pick a suit, and get random matches that don't lag? Lobbys are great, but I've often wondered about this.

Question: Does this game have a quick battle option online? Can I just pick a suit, and get random matches that don't lag? Lobbys are great, but I've often wondered about this.
You'll get thrown into a random room vs a random match. As for not lagging... you're more than likely going to get matched up with our pals from the east, so it all depends on where you are.

Top Bottom