• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 scammers are already making fake PC downloads

Draugoth

Gold Member
resize

As reported by DualShockers, scammers have been busy creating fake GTA VI set-up PC files. These give the appearance of installing the game on your hardware. What they’re actually doing is installing malware. The issue was brought to light by one Reddit user. You may be thinking, ‘The game isn’t out until 2025. Who would fall for this?’ Don’t forget how many of you played GTA V before you were old enough to do so. There are plenty of impressionable folks out there who may fall victim to this trick.

“People will fall for this s**t. That's how impatient we are,” user BM-010 said, while RichardK1234 added, “[Not gonna lie], when I was 12, my hype for Far Cry 3 was so insane I literally did try and download the game before it was even released. Even left the PC overnight to download and s**t, to this day, I have no idea what I actually downloaded because after the download, I found nothing on my PC but the install was like 30 to 40GB. Probably malware or something.”

Source

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
HAHA the joke is on them, I just need to download more RAM before launching this leaked build as recommended during the installation. Thank god they also provide a link for that!

Last edited:

Hudo

Installed it. It's really convenient that you just have to put in your bank account details once when you start up GTA 6. How thoughtful of R*.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
What idiots. I picked up one of those Portable Playstation 5's they just released, so I'm all set. Sucks I'll have to play it on a small screen but it is so much cheaper. And this is officially from Sony not from Aliexpress, I'm too smart to make that mistake twice.

Top Bottom