• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 is “on schedule” debunking more Kotaku trash

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
its-on-schedule-v0-jumd0dsxnjqc1.jpeg

Jakk

So it never occurred to anyone, how Kotaku would know that a game that is over 18 or so months out... was going to get delayed?

Even Rockstarr doesn't know that yet.
You can know very well a project is going to be delayed even if it is over 18 months out.

SJRB

Gold Member
Kotaku trying to bring in clicks with bullshit stories to make a case against the whole "write guides instead of news" policy.

Mr.Phoenix

Will anyone apologize to Kotaku when they end up being right?
Will anyone shut them down if they end up being wrong?

And that's the issue with this, and you shouldn't encourage it. Can the game get delayed? Absolutely. But this kinda reporting is like me saying, its going to rain sometime in April. Like duh?

Kotaku should not make an article like this, without corroboration or at the very least a quote from the developer. The game doesn't even have an official release date yet.

So it doesn't matter if they "end up" being right, that such a phrase can even be used here embodies the issue. A news publication should not be putting shit out that "may or may not" be true.

Last edited:

Hudo

It's "on schedule" to be delayed. Because let's fucking face it. It's a Rockstar Games game... it's gonna be delayed at least once.

The Kotaku article was like: "the game is due next year but might get delayed from 6 to 18 months"

No shit, Sherlock. I make predictions like that from my couch. They wrote a bait no-news article as a knee-jerk reaction so some people not in the loop of the current events believe they are reporters instead of propagandists.

A major blockbuster AAA games like GTA VI with so much content, voice acting, 3D art, development, and QA check could be delayed.

Even an absolute, clinically retarded person can predict this and it wound up being true, because let's face it, it doesn't take a genius to figure out the possibility of a rock star game being delayed.

The fact that they wrote an article like this baffles me.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
This game is too big to get delayed. They will patch and fix post launch, not delay. I imagine they've told their investors a date and are expected to stick to it.

tkscz

When the first trailer dropped, was there a release date announced? If there isn't one, then how can the game be delayed?

We don’t even know when in 2025 it’s coming out yet

I realize that. It’s all speculation and rumors at this point. There have been plenty of hints from many sources (including their own CEO) that early 2025 was at least the original plan though.

Last edited:

tylrdiablos

Add Kotaku to your Windows Hosts file so you never give them as much as an accidental click.
(And block them on Twitter.)

Top Bottom