• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRIS coming to PS5, Xbox Series, and Xbox One on December 13

Ezekiel_

Banned
https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/gris-coming-to-ps5-xbox-series-and-xbox-one-on-december-13

Publisher Devolver Digital and developer Nomada Studio will release GRIS for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and Xbox One on December 13 in celebration of the game’s fourth anniversary, the companies announced. The PlayStation 5 version will be free upgrade for existing owners.

GRIS is currently available for PlayStation 4, Switch, PC via Steam, GOG, and Humble Store, iOS via App Store, and Android via Google Play.

The new versions will offer the following features:
  • PlayStation 5 – Runs in 4K resolution at 120 frames per second; DualSense features including haptics, speaker, and more
  • Xbox Series X – Runs in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second or 2K resolution at 120 frames per second
  • Xbox Series S – Runs in 2K resolution at 120 frames per second
Here is an overview of the game, via Devolver Digital:

GRIS is a serene and evocative experience, free of danger, frustration or death. Players will explore a meticulously designed world brought to life with delicate art, detailed animation, and an elegant original score. Through the game light puzzles, platforming sequences, and optional skill-based challenges will reveal themselves as more of Gris’s world becomes accessible.
GRIS is an experience with almost no text, only simple control reminders illustrated through universal icons. The game can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of their spoken language.

Last edited:

Ezekiel_

Banned
Animated GIF

Kuranghi

Beautiful and relaxing game, glad I played it. Gonna look great in 4K.

I can confirm this, I played in 4K on PC when I played it, lovely game.

My spanish GAFers, how do you pronounce it? I thought "Gree", as if it was French but I just found out its made my a Spanish dev so I'm guessing it should be said like how Spaniards would pronounce it.

Is it Grease? Or Guh-reiss (said quickly with no gap where the dash is)? Or something else?

jaydogg691

I can confirm this, I played in 4K on PC when I played it, lovely game.

My spanish GAFers, how do you pronounce it? I thought "Gree", as if it was French but I just found out its made my a Spanish dev so I'm guessing it should be said like how Spaniards would pronounce it.

Is it Grease? Or Guh-reiss (said quickly with no gap where the dash is)? Or something else?
Gri-th

Very beautiful and somehow relaxing game. Surprised it took them this long to release on more platforms.
But how does it run at 4K/120 on one platform and 4K/60 on the other? really weird stuff, could it be just a typo?

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

GRIS is a serene and evocative experience, free of danger, frustration or death. Players will explore a meticulously designed world brought to life with delicate art, detailed animation, and an elegant original score. Through the game light puzzles, platforming sequences, and optional skill-based challenges will reveal themselves as more of Gris’s world becomes accessible.

GRIS is an experience with almost no text, only simple control reminders illustrated through universal icons. The game can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of their spoken language.

Top Bottom