• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great looking Lemmings screens *PSP*

krypt0nian said:
This is HUGE!

And also makes me want a great 2D version of Worms on PSP.

You don't like pseudo-2d worms?
I thought it looked pretty damn good on PSP and DS. The backgrounds have more animation on PSP n' stuff.

radioheadrule83 said:
You don't like pseudo-2d worms?
I thought it looked pretty damn good on PSP and DS. The backgrounds have more animation on PSP n' stuff.

Sorry misunderstanding....No I meant rather than the 3d console abortions. After reading this thread completely I see that they are making a 2D-style Worms. Now I'm after the screeenies.

I just realised Team 17 is responsible for Lemmings PSP too.

NDS

http://www.jeux-france.com/news11932_worms-se-devoile-sur-nds.html

PSP

0596.jpg

1310.jpg

1014.jpg

3157.jpg

8bit

Knows the Score
Rlan said:
I wish they'd at least acknowledge Lemmings 2: The Tribes at some point. It at least gave you the ability to move onto new maps without having to complete the one before it. It was still pretty hard, too.

Still, looks great. Are the maps shown in the new images NEW maps, or ones from the original Lemmings with some flair?

It looks like the same maps from the original. Not that it's a bad thing, but Lemmings 2 was a more than worthy sequel that many may not have played, and I'd love the opportunity to revisit that again.

Merlin

Banned
Yeah, Lemmings 2 was great! I had it on the SNES.

Did anyone ever play Lemmings 3D on the PS1 and Saturn? :lol What a mess.

Salmon

Why PSP? The "nub" really sucks when you need precision. It´s even worse than the Dual Shock Controller for the PS2 :(

This is a game for the DS!

Agent X

This is one of my most wanted PSP games. When is the US release?

beermonkey@tehbias said:
The Lynx version was awesome, seriously.

The screen size is no concern. The Lynx version had scroll during pause and it worked perfectly.

I agree, the Lynx version was awesome. I completed the entire game on the Lynx (and the Amiga version prior to that). The control scheme was cleverly reworked for the Lynx, and most people seem to think it turned out very well. I've also played through some of the PlayStation version (still chipping away at it from time to time), and I've played a fair amount of the SNES version at a friend's house, and never had any problems with those versions, either.

In terms of controls, the PSP should handily (get it? :) ) surpass the Lynx. The Lynx has a digital joypad, two primary action buttons (A and B), and three secondary buttons (Option 1, Option 2, and Pause). The PSP has a digital joypad, an analog nub, four action buttons on the face, an additional two fingertip trigger buttons, and two secondary buttons. The PSP has more primary buttons (six in all) than the Lynx has for primary and secondary combined), and an analog nub in addition to the digital joypad.

With all of the above in mind, if the Lynx version was easily manipulated using an "inferior" (compared to PSP) control scheme, then the PSP should have no problem whatsoever with the controls for this game.

Marconelly said:
Vertical resolution on PSP is higher than the resolution used for original Lemmings. Widescreen aspect will just make you scroll less horizontally.

That's right. We welcome widescreen! :)

kevm3

Now THIS is what the PSP was made for. It seems to be excelling at 2 to 2.5d games, visually. It's pretty capable at 3d, but too many 3d games on the system look bland. On the other hand, most 2d to 2.5d games on the system have been nothing short of astonishing.

Wollan

Very ot but the Nintengirls topic should have stayed open. :lol

Anyway, Worms psp? Another game I need to get it seems.

Tarazet

quadriplegicjon said:
are these just the old level redone with new assets. or are there new levels?

I see both, and I should know because I know the ins and outs of every single level. I don't see anything from Oh No! More Lemmings.

Top Bottom