• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good offline mobile games

BootsLoader

Banned
I am planning to go for a trip and I would like some good recommendations for Offline Mobile games. I got a 3DS and a PSP but I am not planning taking those with me. I want something faster and I don't want to play for long periods.

Thanks in Advance!

Trunx81

Hmmm Stardew Valley is also a good game. I forgot about it also.
Limbo is also free. Due to the slow pacing, the touch controls aren´t THAT bad.
The Tomb Raider and Hitman strategy games are great, too.
MonsterHunterStories (already mentioned) is free with Arcade as well.
And a "sleeper hit": Max Payne

Schmick

Oh, I forgot I have purchased Minecraft for Mobile but I don't have a controller. Really need to get one.
I highly recommend the Razor Kishi controller.

I've managed to bag myself a version 1 controller on eBay for half the price.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I highly recommend the Razor Kishi controller.

I've managed to bag myself a version 1 controller on eBay for half the price.
Just jumping on this but Argos have the Backbone for £69 reduced from £99. Only time I’ve ever seen it discounted.

Schmick

Just jumping on this but Argos have the Backbone for £69 reduced from £99. Only time I’ve ever seen it discounted.
Do have experience with the Backbone? It looks quite comfortable and the fact it has a USB-C socket for direct connection is a major plus point. Direct connection is the reason I went with the Kishi.

Duchess

Desert Golfing.

It was actually another GAF member that recommended this game a while back. No ads, no highscore tables, no bling. Just a golf game, with thousands (literally) of holes to play.

643x0w.jpg

BootsLoader

Banned

It's a port of a classic version. Love the game. Very nostalgic.
I’m on the fence to get this game.
However, I got Stardew Valley,
Minecraft (which for some odd reason stutters on my phone)
Civilization

Also, I remembered that I have purchased Baldurs Gate some time ago and forgot about it.
Edit, I had Transistor also but forgot about it. 😅

Last edited:

Antwix

Not sure if you have android or ios, but if you have android, Slice & Dice probably one of the best mobile games I've ever played. It has a free demo but it's $7 I believe for the full version.

Last edited:

El Muerto

I like playing Slayaway camp. All the old forgotten realms games like Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Planescape Torment are good too. Also The Bards Tale. Could just install emulators on your phone and put the roms on a micro sd, get a razer kishi and you'll be good. Your phone should be able to handle up to PS2/Gamecube if it's newer. My 2022 Moto G Stylus can run them well at 2x resolution.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
OK, since I ordered a new tablet, what are some good controllers for Android taking portability also into account ?
A PS or Xbox joypad would be a good option for ergonomics and build quality but...they're not exactly portable since you can't just throw them into a small bag.

I'm also open to some game suggestions but :
- no card games
- no artsy fartsy minimal ones
- no 16-bit/32-bit era remakes/ports
- no strategy games
- no JRPGs

I'd like some "proper" games like streets of rage 4 for example or some 3d action ones (preferably).

Thanks in advance

gameznews

Neo Member
Best-Offline-Battle-Royale-Games-For-Android-Under-100MB.webp

Offline games for Android devices offer a diverse range of entertainment without the need for an internet connection.
These games encompass various genres, from action and puzzles to simulations and strategy, providing hours of gameplay in situations where connectivity is unavailable or limited.
Whether you're on a long flight, in a remote location, or simply want to conserve data, offline games ensure uninterrupted fun, making them a valuable addition to your mobile gaming library.
I am happy to share my list of offline BR games with you. I prefer these games because when i am playing online games i got high ping always. Yes, i don't have good internet connection and that's why offline games are my favorite.

Top Bottom