• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok vs A Plague Tale Requiem | PS5 vs PC | Graphics Comparison | Analista de Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skifi28

Some people have the right combination of prostate location and shit size to make them cum every time they take a dump

uGQoGr1.gif

I think this should be seen as a testament how a ps4 game can almost look like something as a 4090 monster card game still. It tells me we do not need more power, but better artists. When the real PS5 and Series X games, using the SSD in the promised way, start rolling in the games will probably look much better than this 4090 game still.
But they are not comparing the PS4 game here, it's the PS5 game running at 60fps. A comparison with the PS4 game would be quite different, super blurry, 30fps and no tesselation.

I disagree, in some of these shots Requiem outright looks better. It’s not one sided. Asobo are unbelievable.

Requiem is also running on a 4090 at Ultra Max settings in those same shots, tho.

It would have been better to have Requiem on a Series X or PS5 to get an honest comparison.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Requiem is also running on a 4090 at Ultra Max settings in those same shots, tho.

It would have been better to have Requiem on a Series X or PS5 to get an honest comparison.
so, it does look considerably better....but it's due to the rig thats running it.

Prime example of a dev actually utilising PC and they should be praised for it.

Also, it looks just as good on a 3070, 3080 etc. I dont know what it is with this game but DLSS is a monster. I was getting over 100FPS on my 3080 maxxed out ultra settings with DLSS.

Now I have a 4090 and yes, it is one of the best looking games available. So I am happy that we have Asobo putting the work in.

Hot5pur

Asobo is quite impressive given it's more of an AA studio.
Both games look pretty good, though I somehow find Ragnarok's graphics to be a bit chunky and less detailed.
Haven't played Ragnarok (yet), but as for plague tale, it's more of an interactive movie than a "game". I think they even took out the dodge mechanic. I felt like the last game was more of a "game", but if you go into it wanting a walking simulator type of experience that works well.
The story, voice acting, and aesthetics definitely warrant a playthrough. I am enjoying my time with it more than I thought I would (I generally like more gamey games, but occasionally I'll do a story-heavy experience).

so, it does look considerably better....but it's due to the rig thats running it.

Prime example of a dev actually utilising PC and they should be praised for it.

Also, it looks just as good on a 3070, 3080 etc. I dont know what it is with this game but DLSS is a monster. I was getting over 100FPS on my 3080 maxxed out ultra settings with DLSS.

Now I have a 4090 and yes, it is one of the best looking games available. So I am happy that we have Asobo putting the work in.

Actually IIRC Requiem had tests on PC showing poor optimization; can't recall if it was due to a CPU or GPU bottleneck however.

I'm glad you got the chance to play it on a 4090 but I can guarantee you over 90% of people playing this are not doing so on a 4090. At the end of the day, they were using the PS5 version of a cross-gen game in one instance (GOW Ragnarok), they should have kept the PT: Requiem comparison to a console like Series X or PS5 if they wanted a fair comparison and something representative of what the majority of players would be experiencing.

damidu

again this is a fail comparison, they obviously try to go for plague looks better angle focusing only on in its strengths on a monster pc.

ignoring small details like game can’t even hold 30fps at 1440p on ps5 while ragnarok runs at 90fps at same resolution.

or plague being barely a walking sim in tight levels, with some of the worst asset store quality character models and animations.

jeffyjaixx

lol , maxed out PC vs a PS5 comparison.

GoW is holding up well considering it's a cross gen release running on a base last gen console.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Actually IIRC Requiem had tests on PC showing poor optimization; can't recall if it was due to a CPU or GPU bottleneck however.

I'm glad you got the chance to play it on a 4090 but I can guarantee you over 90% of people playing this are not doing so on a 4090. At the end of the day, they were using the PS5 version of a cross-gen game in one instance (GOW Ragnarok), they should have kept the PT: Requiem comparison to a console like Series X or PS5 if they wanted a fair comparison and something representative of what the majority of players would be experiencing.

I completed it on a 3080.

My friend on a 3060 ti. Everything ultra and more or less 60 fps with dlss 2 at 1440p. I had around 100 to 120 fps on 3080.

I need to try it on 4090 I bet I'll get like 200 fps lol 😆

It's a stunning game on PC and I did play quite a bit on xbox and I would say it looks great, the open sunny areas look easy as good as god of war imo with better textures and of course thousands of rats and large areas. God of wars combat areas are really small with a maximum of maybe 4 to 4 enemies at once? At least up to where I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom