• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok vs A Plague Tale Requiem | PS5 vs PC | Graphics Comparison | Analista de Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Mod edit: do not use this source for comparison or analysis. Stick to VG, NXG, DF

This video is intended to showcase two games at the forefront of graphics advancements with completely different backgrounds. On the one hand, we have God Of War: Rangarök, a game designed for PS4 that demonstrates just how much you can take advantage of hardware from almost 10 years ago. Its PS5 version, despite improving some aspects, is not far from the base version. And on the other hand, A Plague Tale Requiem in its highest possible quality. A title that shows us the true potential of the new generation, touching at times the true photorealism. Two impeccable works at a visual level that will take time to be surpassed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iced Arcade

ryan reynolds hd GIF

This comparison makes no sense. A game like PT:R on PC with HIGHEST POSSIBLE SETTINGS is going to have technical benefits even something like GOW: Ragnarok on "just" a PS5 won't have. A better comparison would have been GOW:R on PS5 vs. PT:R on a PC setup at PS5-esque specs (accounting for overhead) and settings approxiamate to GOW:R on console.

I don't think these 2 games are good to compare. Plague vs Horizon Forbidden West would be a better comparison.

Again it wouldn't mean much of PT:R is on a 4090 with some beastly CPU and a huge pool of RAM between the two at Ultra High Omega Doom settings, because it's just going to have performance overhead HFW on PS5 could only dream of.

Plus one's a very linear game and the other is open-world, the game scope of the latter is much vaster (though HFW did extremely well with a visual presentation on par with very linear-style games regardless).

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
This comparison makes no sense. A game like PT:R on PC with HIGHEST POSSIBLE SETTINGS is going to have technical benefits even something like GOW: Ragnarok on "just" a PS5 won't have. A better comparison would have been GOW:R on PS5 vs. PT:R on a PC setup at PS5-esque specs (accounting for overhead) and settings approxiamate to GOW:R on console.

Again it wouldn't mean much of PT:R is on a 4090 with some beastly CPU and a huge pool of RAM between the two at Ultra High Omega Doom settings, because it's just going to have performance overhead HFW on PS5 could only dream of.

Plus one's a very linear game and the other is open-world, the game scope of the latter is much vaster (though HFW did extremely well with a visual presentation on par with very linear-style games regardless).
I was thinking more of a console comparison, since God of War R is not available on the Pc.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Such a stupid ass comparison, obviously Ragnarok’s production values blow Requiem out of the water but you gotta play the game.

plague is pretty good if you focus on vistas and static graphics, too bad it falls apart at everything else from clunkiest character animations i have seen in years to extremely limited on rails gameplay.
wish they worked more on those aspects.
As a AA studio with a fraction of the budget of something like GOW, it's the production values that are going to take the hit, especially animation. And it really shows in this comparison. But on that basis, the fact that PT is even hanging out with GOW in the same league as a total package, is of course very impressive in its own right.

It's still a very odd comparison for them to make though.

MadPanda

Banned
Not going into vs debate, but this shows how we'll get big improvements this gen when even smaller teams with AA production values can produce such fine looking games that rival the best from last gen. Imagine what will those best studios make, and we had people telling us not to expect big improvements to graphics.

I wish I could play bloodborne and the Witcher 3 but with graphics like a plague tale requiem.

I don't think these 2 games are good to compare. Plague vs Horizon Forbidden West would be a better comparison.
What? No . Horizon is an open world game. GOW and Plauge have very very similar design philosophy. Combat, puzzle, cutscenes in a linear fashion.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Seeing a AA mid-tier game holding it's own against one of the biggest games of the year tells us a lot about the benefits we're going to see with current-gen exclusive games.

God of War still looks amazing but it's clear that cross-gen development is holding it back. Can't wait to see the current-gen exclusive games that start to hit in 2023 and beyond.

I was thinking more of a console comparison, since God of War R is not available on the Pc.

That could've worked too, at least more so than this one in the video. At least the games would be running on the same spec.

An aside but, having watched more of the vid, the lighting comparisons are completely borked. Different times of day, different environments (meaning a lot of the vegetation will be different, but that's more to the vegetation comparisons), different artistic intent in the color palettes and scene composition for the shots, etc.

Both games look fantastic but this is a pretty bad comparison given those smaller things, not to mention the big issue of one running on a spec like 4x beyond PS5 (maybe a bit less in practice, but still a clear spec advantage in terms of GPU, CPU, RAM capacity & bandwidth, etc.).

Last edited:
What? No . Horizon is an open world game. GOW and Plauge have very very similar design philosophy. Combat, puzzle, cutscenes in a linear fashion.
Why the intellectual dishonesty? These games may both be 3rd person, but thats just trolling if you're comparing it to that. Thats like saying a BMW has 4 wheels, and a Prius has 4 wheels; therefore both are comparable because they have 4 wheels. Plague Tale is closer to a walking sim than it is to being a real 3rd person action adventure game.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Plague tale for textures etc, basically models, textures, geomtry etc, draw distance, foliage, everything it is a true next gen game from a brilliant AA developer.

It's a shit comparison becuase you are comparing a next gen game VS a ps4 game. its no match.

God of war has PT beat in animation and direction due to the insane budget and Sonys crazy motion tracking rig studios etc.

TBH, it was probably not good playing through Plague Tale on my PC just before Ragnarok lol

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I disagree, in some of these shots Requiem outright looks better. It’s not one sided. Asobo are unbelievable.

Lasha

Unrelated, but I just remembered a high school colleague that once mused/argued that the feeling of pooping was actually as pleasurable as masturbation/sex.

Yeah, there's people for everything.

Some people have the right combination of prostate location and shit size to make them cum every time they take a dump. Your colleague is a lucky SoB.

solidus12

How’s Requiem’s 40fps mode on PS5 after the latest patch? I just bought the game, but I need to finish Ragnarok first before diving into Plague Tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom