• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök G|OT|Y

yamaci17

I have conflicted opinions on the black chick from the reveal trailer
angrboda

her being kinda cold when atreus gift her a flower was uncalled for, also maybe try to understand the boy incredible shock for seeing his shitty future and avoid to act so condescending
do remember that her vision of an ideal world is different from Atreus. she probably values all life as equal and is not accustomed to luxury flower picking. she probably does not understand or know that picking flowers is a practice in midgard or something. i dont think she knows midgard habits by heart. i dont think she meant anything bad by it, she was just surprised or startled that atreus "killed" a flower.

do notice that it was most likely a special flower as well. it quickly lost its color in quick succesion (you can rewatch the scene, I'm absolutely certain its blue root withered in mere seconds. i do think even this was a intricate detail about ironwood. flowers there may not be normal flowers as we perceive them as) yes all flowers eventually wither when plucked, but this specific flower in ironwood seemed to wither super fast, as if it super relied on being tied to the ground)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I have conflicted opinions on the black chick from the reveal trailer
angrboda

her being kinda cold when atreus gift her a flower was uncalled for, also maybe try to understand the boy incredible shock for seeing his shitty future and avoid to act so condescending
The Old Norse name Angrboða has been translated as 'the one who brings grief',[2] 'she-who-offers-sorrow',[1] or 'harm-bidder'.

GymWolf

do remember that her vision of an ideal world is different from Atreus. she probably values all life as equal and is not accustomed to luxury flower picking. she probably does not understand or know that picking flowers is a practice in midgard or something. i dont think she knows midgard habits by heart. i dont think she meant anything bad by it, she was just surprised or startled that atreus "killed" a flower.

do notice that it was most likely a special flower as well. it quickly lost its color in quick succesion (you can rewatch the scene, I'm absolutely certain its blue root withered in mere seconds. i do think even this was a intricate detail about ironwood. flowers there may not be normal flowers as we perceive them as) yes all flowers eventually wither when plucked, but this specific flower in ironwood seemed to wither super fast, as if it super relied on being tied to the ground)
Bullshit demeanor anyway,
she cut roots from trees, and collect fruits and walk over grass with his feet everytime she move, enough plant violence to shut the fuck up if someone gift you a flower, that line has zero reason to exist in that context, it doesn't add nothing to her character, unless she is retarded she should understand the meaning of a gift,she use the word gift herself, was she really thinking that atreus was bragging about killing a fucking flower? Cmon

Last edited:

Madflavor

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have you fight 2-3 bosses at once in this game should be dragged out into the street and stomped into the pavement. A game like this, where you can't see half the battlefield, and enemy AI is so aggressive they're constantly nipping at your heels, has no business having multiple boss fights. But hey, thanks for the occasional health pick up in a boss fight that heals 10% of my health when every attack from the boss does 40% minimum.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
52500091329_edb649be15_o.png

52499806456_07ee1e01fa_o.png

52500361423_42ab911e64_o.png

52499320347_02cddb9e83_o.png

she cut roots from trees, and collect fruits and walk over grass with his feet everytime she move, enough plant violence to shut the fuck up if someone gift you a flower, that line has zero reason to exist in that context, it doesn't add nothing to her character, unless she is retarded she should understand the meaning of a gift,she use the word gift herself, was she really thinking that atreus was bragging about killing a fucking flower? Cmon
I don't think cut root or collect fruits will kill the tree. Walk over grass feel like little nitpick but you probably can't kill grass by step on it.
But i hate girl say shit like this. I like her character but this scene almost make me hate her lol.

A.Romero

I put in a few hours this weekend and got to see that section of downtime everyone is discussing. It does hit the pacing very negatively. I guess they needed to expose a lot of info and build the relationship between those characters for things to come but still, I wish they did it differently.

The more I see of this game the more impressed I am. I'm not usually impressed by graphics because PC has me spoiled but Sony games' art direction and production values really make a difference. Not saying it is not very well done from a tech stand point but it turns it to 11. The snow, the vistas... It's really impressive.

I'm probably still early in the game but I'm kind of getting tired of having to listen to so many conversations between Kratos and Atreus regarding what to do about Ragnarok. I mean, what's the weight behind all the discussions if they are still embarking in the quest? I get that Kratos wants to protect his kid but we are talking end of the world here, it doesn't make sense to stay in the bylines. I think the writing is lacking.

Sidequests have been OK so far. Nothing to write home about and I've done all the ones I've come across so far.

Gameplay is picking up as moves are unlocked and I'm glad to see there is a huge enemy variety as it was my main gripe from the first game.

Despite everything I have found myself playing for hours and the time goes by quick. Not feeling like playing anything else at the moment.

zkorejo

The Vanaheim realm was just mind blowingly beautiful. Loved it so much I played all day doing everything there was to do completing side quests and every collectable I could see.

The story just took a really unexpected turn and the new realm is just as mind-blowing so far. The story got very interesting very fast and I wanted to play more but just couldn't go any longer.

The realms are so varied and beautiful in their own way. The story is getting real interesting, the characters are fully fleshed out and when they all get together its just a treat everytime.

Atreus is a wild card as he should be being Loki. I like Atreus but dislike him at the same time for not following Kratos. But then again, sitting this out doesn't make sense either.

At a really interesting point in story now. Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow.

Edit: Just one blemish in today's session, the library side boss fight... That was fuckin bullshit. I reloaded the last save outside and abandoned it.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I don't think it was that serious she was obviously joking.

she clearly is avoiding having any kinda of relationship other than following the profecy. And she probably already knows they will end up together

Last edited:

Neff

Word of warning, not sure if it's a known bug but during the visit to Alfheim, there's a spot where Light Elves spawn and trigger a cutscene when defeated, allowing you to progress with Tyr's wall jumping trick. Last night I saved in the middle of this fight assuming it would allow me to resume before it, and when I resumed today the Light Elves would not spawn, no matter how many times I left and re-entered the room. I went through several save files and got the same result. Fortunately crisis was averted due to my very oldest save allowing them to spawn in and trigger the scene, but if it weren't for that save I could potentially have lost all my progress.

TL;DR don't save during battles I guess.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Do you need to punch after you inflict poison though?

So just punch once, inflict poison, then go back to using weapons which count as melee hits
Yes, you can use your axe or blades. And if you don't want to sheathe weapons to apply poison, have Freya use her special that poisons mobs and watch the health bars melt off as you slash away.

Last edited:

Chronicle

Spoilers (perhaps)

Not digging the voice actor for Tyr. Sounds like a 21 year middle class white dude. No thanks. Poor choice IMHO.

Not too into playing as another character either. I want God of war not God of chore. That goes for any game. I hate that idea. I don't want to be ciri either.

Loving the game though.

Last edited:

noise36

I am disliking this game more and more as I play through it.

Is there any other AAA game that spoon feeds and hand holds like this one does? The wall cracks? The rocks to move? I feel like a I should be wearing a babies bib while playing.

On one hand I am too time poor for open world games so part of my likes it, but its a bit suffocating, plus the dialog is zzz.

Maybe it was just the
ironwood
part that gave me the ick?

Last edited:

Is there any other AAA game that spoon feeds and hand holds like this one does? The wall cracks? The rocks to move? I feel like a I should be wearing a babies bib while playing.

On one hand I am too time poor for open world games so part of my likes it, but its a bit suffocating, plus the dialog is zzz.

Maybe it was just the
ironwood

It isn’t just you. Many are critical of this game and for plenty of good reasons. I am glad some really love it, but man it was such a disappointment for me.

TIGERCOOL

Maybe it was just the
ironwood
the feeling that the game had poor narrative direction and pacing was already gnawing at me; the part you mentioned just removed all doubt.

on top of that so many of the combat engagements are so poorly designed that, as a package, it just feels like a slog 70% of the time.

the mechanics, world and graphics are all top class. shame they make it so hard to enjoy them.

I have a theory about the sky high review scores in that reviewers are probably playing 7+ hours a day to make sure they get through everything. The game really peaks and troughs for me and the best bits are so good you want to play them again straight away while the worst bits make you wish you were doing anything else.

The good bits outweigh the bad so if you are hammering out a 7 hour session you are probably left with an overall great impression even if some bits are shit as a shit sandwich is a good way to deliver something bad.

I’m playing a couple of hours a night so my entire night the other day was taken up by one of the worst sections in a game I think I’ve ever had the misfortune of playing. There’s plenty of good stuff either side of it so if I was playing for longer I don’t think I’d have gone to bed with such a foul impression of the game as I’d have been hyped by the good stuff.

BbMajor7th

Gold Member
...so many of the combat engagements are so poorly designed that, as a package, it just feels like a slog 70% of the time.
I've been thinking about that a lot, because I've had a lot of the same frustrations and I think it's the 'combat as a puzzle' approach they talk about in some of the recent trailers that's niggling me.

Puzzles typically have only one solution and the combat in GOWR, like it's puzzles, puts a strong emphasis on correct responses to different attack types, element matching, ranged vs melee, etc. And just like with the puzzles, your companions are often trying feed you the solutions.

I personally like combat that feels instinctive and visceral - based on timing, positioning, placement and all that good stuff, but GOWR, more than it's predecessor wants you to parry here, block there, shield bash this, shoot that with arrows, use blades for this and your axe for that.

This was an issue that put me off Sekiro in the end and I think it's the same issue here, but more magnified, as it applies to a larger number of encounters and there aren't any alternative options like stealth.

hollams

Gold Member
I've been thinking about that a lot, because I've had a lot of the same frustrations and I think it's the 'combat as a puzzle' approach they talk about in some of the recent trailers that's niggling me.

Puzzles typically have only one solution and the combat in GOWR, like it's puzzles, puts a strong emphasis on correct responses to different attack types, element matching, ranged vs melee, etc. And just like with the puzzles, your companions are often trying feed you the solutions.

I personally like combat that feels instinctive and visceral - based on timing, positioning, placement and all that good stuff, but GOWR, more than it's predecessor wants you to parry here, block there, shield bash this, shoot that with arrows, use blades for this and your axe for that.

This was an issue that put me off Sekiro in the end and I think it's the same issue here, but more magnified, as it applies to a larger number of encounters and there aren't any alternative options like stealth.
To me it feels kinda like Doom 2016 to Doom Eternal in that in the second game they really tried to ramp up the combat and possibly took some steps back. I'm enjoying the combat but at times it feels like I'm waiting for the color coded rings to tell me what combat move I need to do and takes a bit from the free form flow of the combat. The enemies in both games are far more aggressive in the sequel that also makes it a bit tedious. Playing on the hard mode if you try to run away from enemies they will for sure hit you in the back within 5 seconds.

Vick

Maybe it was just the
ironwood
That section left such an impression on me it made me want to quit the game entirely.
However the quest after, and literal open world that opens at the end of it, had the exact opposite impression and then some. It's S Tier stuff. In the open area there's so much to do, and it's so amazingly designed, that even made me realize all the "best game of all time" might have some truth afterall. And I'm still early in the game.
I'm struggling but successfully managing to play for shameful amount of hours a day, which is unquestionably the best way to experience it because frankly, the game is absolutely immense. Someone said it's the 2018 one that feels like a DLC in comparison and it's undeniably true.

SlimySnake SlimySnake
Regarding resources, my habit of exploring every inch of games is paying off like never before here. I'm constantly finding super useful upgrade resources in the most obscure places, for instance the hidden hanging containers have super precious resources inside this time, unlike the first game.

Justin9mm

They are fucking killing me with the Artreus sections. God awful.
I've only done the first one, how many are there? I didn't find it too bad but I hope they aren't any longer because the combat isn't as exciting, and I was longing for Kratos again near the end of it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
That section left such an impression on me it made me want to quit the game entirely.
However the quest after, and literal open world that opens at the end of it, had the exact opposite impression and then some. It's S Tier stuff. In the open area there's so much to do, and it's so amazingly designed, that even made me realize all the "best game of all time" might have some truth afterall. And I'm still early in the game.
I'm struggling but successfully managing to play for shameful amount of hours a day, which is unquestionably the best way to experience it because frankly, the game is absolutely immense. Someone said it's the 2018 one that feels like a DLC in comparison and it's undeniably true.

SlimySnake SlimySnake
Regarding resources, my habit of exploring every inch of games is paying off like never before here. I'm constantly finding super useful upgrade resources in the most obscure places, for instance the hidden hanging containers have super precious resources inside this time, unlike the first game.
I explore everything too. Leave no stone unturned. You will see when you hit that level 4 wall.

I’d say at the point I’m at (just did the snow sled with the Norns?) - this game is like an 8/10. Second best game I’ve played this year probably for me. The ironwood section was absolutely terrible and the pacing in general seems weird, like it’s padded out - but I’m not doing much exploring just the story. The combats really fun. The narrative is well done/acted, extremely high production values. Im having fun playing it, which I can’t say I felt the same for HFW. Reminds me of naughty dog games a bit actually, just in general.

Last edited:

iorek21

Just finished it, will continue to get the Plat, but I'm very disappointed with the story and pacing.

The game had basically nothing for the first 20h and then they tried to resolve everything in the last 5h. I like how they adapted Norse Mythology here, felt like a Nolan take or something like that.

But nevertheless, I expected much more, I wanted that sense of place from the first game, as well as its focus and clear objectives... :lollipop_expressionless:

Yoboman

Finished the game now. Probably my GOTY but it is damn close. Got about 50 hours done with still a chunk of side stuff to finish.

Finished on the second hardest difficulty and died quite abit but the game challenged me and never felt unfair.

If Elden Ring started at a peak and slowly declined, I would say Ragnarok did the opposite and slowly built and built upon itself. There were a couple weaker moments but on the whole it kept me engaged and delivered a huge scope in gaming.

It's also one of the most creative games I can think of. SSM have a real talent for building worlds.

The gameplay is the best it has ever been, and really builds on the core of the last game. Some sections almost have a run and gun feel, where I am jolting around the environment swinging into an arena and getting out before it's done

I get why their are complaints about this section. It was just a bit too long for what it is, and frankly picking fruits is not gameplay.

I did enjoy the boss fight and the final race though. And it immediately picked up with the Freya fight following.

Thought this was generally the low point in an otherwise great game, and is pretty minor in the grand scheme of the game. And on the whole I enjoyed Atreus gameplay. It was different yet fun enough. Never had the depth of Kratos but it was always more of a story vehicle

First I love everything that happened at Ragnarok. Absolute spectacle.

After ragnarok I was genuinely teary at the goodbye between Atreus and Kratos. The character dynamics between these two are remarkable. Taken as a whole from the first game the journey and growth of both in relation to eachother was nothing short of masterfully done.

Particularly that shot of Atreus looking off before leaving the frame was really well done.

On other characters, I was genuinely sad at Broks death. And Sindris reaction to it. Man became GOW3 Kratos. Again plays into the great examination that loss has on the characters. The same could be said for Freya who was just beginning to heal, Sindri for who it was fresh and Kratos who had healed.

I love that Sindri actually called out Atreus for his selfishness, where Sindri had given him everything.

Heimdall was a great hateable villain. Wish Kratos went full decapitation mode on him.

Thor was so well done and a great twist on the character. And the boss fights were great, particularly the first one.

Odin was even better. They delivered on him being the master manipulator. I even felt myself falling for it at times. I was hoping they'd take a different direction than him dying, but instead abandoning the realms and being an overarching villain to come back in future games.

The decision to really hone in on the antagonists through Atreus was great and helped build layers with them.

I also really enjoyed the Tyr twist and it caught me off guard. I was definitely in the Brok camp that felt he was fishy for awhile, never fighting. But didnt espect it was Odin the whole time. That felt like the sort of tale youd read in the Eddas

Not sure where the series goes from here. It actually feels like a fitting place to end. More than anything it feels like Kratos has finally forgiven himself and matured past what he once was. I think the ending was to hint at him becoming a god worthy of worship?

Obviously there are other pantheons open to travel to. I didn't see much hinting that would be the case though, nor any motivations for it put in as a hint?

I think they did a fine job of closing off the Atreus portion though. Id like his character to be left there and the focus recentered on Kratos.

Not sure if they ever answered who sounded the horn in the second game?

2018 did a bit of a better job in bread crumbing the future direction of the series but its such a big game I may have missed some stuff

From a gameplay perspective I think a next entry is a good point to go through some bigger evolutions.

I think the core combat could remain the same but a new set of weapons to mix things up.

In exploration I think it's the area to evolve.

While I love the style they have in many ways (puzzle based level design, metroidvania style opening of new areas with upgrades). They are just flirting with the openness and I find that aspect to be where it shines most

2018 did a better job IMO of feeling open. Ragnarok feels like a linear game that provides you some open areas for additional activity, whereas 2018 felt like an open game where you can head off from the hub on the main path or explore however you like.

Significantly increase Kratos movement options would be the first point of entry. I shouldn't feel like I am hitting invisible walls constantly or unable to make basic actions like swimming. Even if there is a place you don't want me to go, make it so I die if I wonder off a cliff not hit an invisible wall.

I think it stands out because there should be some relationship between environment design and character capability. And to an extent they have built a game hugely based around water where you can't swim

Bring back platforming. Now the platforming in GOW games were never good, but that doesn't mean they can't make it good.

I get that some limitations help focus the level progression on puzzles which I love alot. But I elstill think that can be achieved while increasing Kratos movement and platforming capabilities

Lastly get rid of the God awful climbing mechanics. It adds nothing. If you want climbing then make it a fun mechanic with risk and reward. Or just make it like GOW3 where you could speed through it in seconds

Last edited:

zkorejo

The Alfheim side quest with Library... Is it a high level side quest? I'm wondering if I'm missing recommended levels for missions mentioned somewhere. It just can't be right for me to be doing right now.

Yoboman

The Alfheim side quest with Library... Is it a high level side quest? I'm wondering if I'm missing recommended levels for missions mentioned somewhere. It just can't be right for me to be doing right now.
That side quest was one of the few that had me consider dropping the difficulty. Especially as I couldn't leave the building without beating her.

Key is timing your dodges and lots of blocking and parrying. Also made use of area of effect attacks that stun lock, eg the electric shock Freya attack. Stay close enough to stop the blue ring attacks

zkorejo

That side quest was one of the few that had me consider dropping the difficulty. Especially as I couldn't leave the building without beating her.

Key is timing your dodges and lots of blocking and parrying. Also made use of area of effect attacks that stun lock, eg the electric shock Freya attack. Stay close enough to stop the blue ring attacks
I reloaded the save and noped out of there after a good number of tries. The best I could do was getting her below half of her health. I noticed my parrying, blocking and block punch moves are slow AF against her attacks which is lightning fast. I do it at the right time like every other enemy but still get caught. Shield bash/punch doesn't work the window is too short here. And that's a one hit kill that covers the entire area and I can't dodge roll away from.

I will probably go back to her later with better armor/stats.

Last edited:
You know what - I like me some tough games, but I think this one is just too hard. I just cranked it down to 'Give Me Grace' and I'm still getting pummelled - and not in a good way. Spartan Rage is such a cheap, shitty hail-mary and I hate using it, but seems I'm forced into it.

Spartan Rage being the 'let me hold him for you while you get a few hits in' of game mechanics.
The trick is crowd management. Freeze a sucker with the R2 axe throw. Switch to blade and go down a priority target, let artreus arrow stun and build the stamina break. Switch to fists ( which builds the stamina bar faster) and keep hammering until you can do a finisher.

When you get surrounded, keep blocking and dodging but still focusing on one main target. Spartan Rage is for health recovery mainly.

Am playing on hard and only those optional draugr fucks are giving me a hard time.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I have to say at first I wasn't sure on Thor's design when they first revealed him, but seeing him in person this guy is huge and threatening.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Finished the game now. Probably my GOTY but it is damn close. Got about 50 hours done with still a chunk of side stuff to finish.

Finished on the second hardest difficulty and died quite abit but the game challenged me and never felt unfair.

If Elden Ring started at a peak and slowly declined, I would say Ragnarok did the opposite and slowly built and built upon itself. There were a couple weaker moments but on the whole it kept me engaged and delivered a huge scope in gaming.

It's also one of the most creative games I can think of. SSM have a real talent for building worlds.

The gameplay is the best it has ever been, and really builds on the core of the last game. Some sections almost have a run and gun feel, where I am jolting around the environment swinging into an arena and getting out before it's done

I get why their are complaints about this section. It was just a bit too long for what it is, and frankly picking fruits is not gameplay.

I did enjoy the boss fight and the final race though. And it immediately picked up with the Freya fight following.

Thought this was generally the low point in an otherwise great game, and is pretty minor in the grand scheme of the game. And on the whole I enjoyed Atreus gameplay. It was different yet fun enough. Never had the depth of Kratos but it was always more of a story vehicle

First I love everything that happened at Ragnarok. Absolute spectacle.

After ragnarok I was genuinely teary at the goodbye between Atreus and Kratos. The character dynamics between these two are remarkable. Taken as a whole from the first game the journey and growth of both in relation to eachother was nothing short of masterfully done.

Particularly that shot of Atreus looking off before leaving the frame was really well done.

On other characters, I was genuinely sad at Broks death. And Sindris reaction to it. Man became GOW3 Kratos. Again plays into the great examination that loss has on the characters. The same could be said for Freya who was just beginning to heal, Sindri for who it was fresh and Kratos who had healed.

I love that Sindri actually called out Atreus for his selfishness, where Sindri had given him everything.

Heimdall was a great hateable villain. Wish Kratos went full decapitation mode on him.

Thor was so well done and a great twist on the character. And the boss fights were great, particularly the first one.

Odin was even better. They delivered on him being the master manipulator. I even felt myself falling for it at times. I was hoping they'd take a different direction than him dying, but instead abandoning the realms and being an overarching villain to come back in future games.

The decision to really hone in on the antagonists through Atreus was great and helped build layers with them.

I also really enjoyed the Tyr twist and it caught me off guard. I was definitely in the Brok camp that felt he was fishy for awhile, never fighting. But didnt espect it was Odin the whole time. That felt like the sort of tale youd read in the Eddas

Not sure where the series goes from here. It actually feels like a fitting place to end. More than anything it feels like Kratos has finally forgiven himself and matured past what he once was. I think the ending was to hint at him becoming a god worthy of worship?

Obviously there are other pantheons open to travel to. I didn't see much hinting that would be the case though, nor any motivations for it put in as a hint?

I think they did a fine job of closing off the Atreus portion though. Id like his character to be left there and the focus recentered on Kratos.

Not sure if they ever answered who sounded the horn in the second game?

2018 did a bit of a better job in bread crumbing the future direction of the series but its such a big game I may have missed some stuff

From a gameplay perspective I think a next entry is a good point to go through some bigger evolutions.

I think the core combat could remain the same but a new set of weapons to mix things up.

In exploration I think it's the area to evolve.

While I love the style they have in many ways (puzzle based level design, metroidvania style opening of new areas with upgrades). They are just flirting with the openness and I find that aspect to be where it shines most

2018 did a better job IMO of feeling open. Ragnarok feels like a linear game that provides you some open areas for additional activity, whereas 2018 felt like an open game where you can head off from the hub on the main path or explore however you like.

Significantly increase Kratos movement options would be the first point of entry. I shouldn't feel like I am hitting invisible walls constantly or unable to make basic actions like swimming. Even if there is a place you don't want me to go, make it so I die if I wonder off a cliff not hit an invisible wall.

I think it stands out because there should be some relationship between environment design and character capability. And to an extent they have built a game hugely based around water where you can't swim

Bring back platforming. Now the platforming in GOW games were never good, but that doesn't mean they can't make it good.

I get that some limitations help focus the level progression on puzzles which I love alot. But I elstill think that can be achieved while increasing Kratos movement and platforming capabilities

Lastly get rid of the God awful climbing mechanics. It adds nothing. If you want climbing then make it a fun mechanic with risk and reward. Or just make it like GOW3 where you could speed through it in seconds

GoW:R feels like the Uncharted 2 of this era to me

It’s a goddamn triumph in gaming and development

Mephisto40

I've just finished most of the optional content now

One thing I will say, is screw playing this on any of the harder difficulties. The Bezerker fights were one of the most frustrating thing's I've done in a video game for a while

I'm a seasoned Souls player, and I have to say, some of the fights in this game are just downright unfair, multiple times I just got stun locked immediately at the start of the fight and drained of all my health almost instantly with no way to respond

Multiple enemies have moves that you simply cannot escape getting hit 4 or 5 times purely because the roll and block buttons just become completely unresponsive the moment they start hitting you

Last edited:
Top Bottom