• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update 1.15 for Alan Wake 2 adds Chapter Select and more

Bernoulli

M2 slut
New Feature: Chapter Select

You can now choose to play any mission in the game that you have previously unlocked.
Using this feature loads a pre-made save game regardless of your own progression.
This means that item progression and inventory will be pre-determined depending on the mission.
You will keep your previous manual saves

Visuals

General visual polish.
Fixed an issue where an enemy became partially invisible when seriously wounded.
Fixed the vegetation not always reacting to explosions in a cool way.
The wind has picked up in Coffee World.
Made the basement of the Valhalla Nursing Home more atmospheric, with a lot of added dust.
Turned off Safe Haven indicator during the Scratch fight in the parking lot.
Improved waterproofing of the Elderwood Lodge. It should not rain indoors anymore.
Fixed the Hunting Knife being scaled up when Alan picked it up.
Fixed missing lighting on some narrative items.
Improved the quality of shadows in various off the beaten path locations in the forest.
Fixed lighting pop-in in some locations.
Fixed some abrupt color grading changes in Watery.
Reduced shimmering around windows inside Suomi Hall in Watery.
Reduced shimmering inside the Elderwood Lodge in Bright Falls.
Lighting improvements in off the beaten path areas in Watery.
Fixed Alan’s wild shirt glitching in some cinematic sequences where Alan is sitting down.
Improved animations for Saga’s scare reactions while running.
Fixed some animations restarting when toggling the flashlight.
Fixed the player character so they use arms as expected while running just after picking up items.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Having to use pre-made saves (which can mess up your collectibles) is pretty bad, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Do you still have to complete two full playthrough to watch the new ending?

Last edited:

Sanepar

Could add fun too, because besides graphics there is nothing special there. that part of the song ir pure trash

Darsxx82

Fantastic. I accidentally deleted saves from the middle of the game and the option to choose chapters comes in handy. I'll see how much improvement there is later.

K' Dash

Couldn't deal with the woman you start with. Can we swap her out?
unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Did they fix bug where the ride in Coffee World wouldnt move properly to reach a switch? Completely broke progression for me and solidified it as one of the worst games Ive played in ages.

If fixed Id be willing to trudge through the rest of the experience.

Hugare

Taa is amazing if done right. Find me a better looking IQ than GT7 at 60fps on consoles... It uses custom TAA.

AW2 would look amazing with it
GT 7 doesnt run at Switch resolutions like AW 2 does

TAA needs some high resolution to work with. In low resolutions it looks like a blurry mess.

AW 2 wouldnt look as bad if it used DLSS on consoles (impossible). FSR causes shimmering and TAA would look blurry. There's no easy way out

Js562

That's good because I'm playing it now with other games on the side. Already got 15 hrs in and I'm not finished yet. Game looks and plays great

Top Bottom