• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God is Not Dead 2 but Mandrake's battery is. pray for a charger GAF, pray hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtmd

Banned
Surely they'll show the same respect to the consensus of the scientific community when it comes to evolution and climate change then?

tumblr_n2qp79lej51sodqyso1_500.gif

My atheist teacher had a funny way of putting it-
"I know they redid the meanings so it's not related to religion, but really, that makes no sense, because if you want it to be without religious reference, why the hell did you keep it starting at Jesus' death?!"

Wasn't Jesus said to be born in 4 BC or something like that anyhow?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I can't believe that white Christian people believe they are being persecuted in America.

Saw a trailer for this and it was just so bad.

There's even one of these movies called Persecuted. Yes, it's about those marginalized white Protestants.

Platy

You know when a black wheelchair bound dude arguees with a genderqueer muslim who gets more opression and people say it is "opression olympics" ?

These christians feeling opressed are like the last ones to be choosen on a post-barbecue sunday football full of drunken people

I saw this piece of shit last night and it was physically painful.

In a scene where they're trying to prove Jesus exists in a court of law: "we cannot refuse the consensus of the scientific community"

Surely they'll show the same respect to the consensus of the scientific community when it comes to evolution and climate change then?

I find it really weird how the American church goes full denial on evolution when the Vatican has accepted it for a long time. Of course they put their "Intelligent Design" spin on it as well, but they don't pretend dinosaurs never existed or that the Earth is 6000 years old or that it was created in a week (the old testament is considered more of a parable I guess).

It actually makes much more sense that way. "God wanted us to evolve into what we are now". There's no way to disprove that and it gels perfectly with any scientific discovery going forward. Futureproofing your faith seems like a great idea.

Edit: Also I'm legit surprised at how much money this movie made.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I find it really weird how the American church goes full denial on evolution when the Vatican has accepted it for a long time. Of course they put their "Intelligent Design" spin on it as well, but they don't pretend dinosaurs never existed or that the Earth is 6000 years old or that it was created in a week (the old testament is considered more of a parable I guess).

It actually makes much more sense that way. "God wanted us to evolve into what we are now". There's no way to disprove that and it gels perfectly with any scientific discovery going forward. Futureproofing your faith seems like a great idea.

Because the Vatican only speaks for Catholics?

Wilsongt

The "why we still got monkeys?" Line of thinking.

They don't understand how evolution actually works, nor do they understand the idea of common ancestors. They believe two people were created and then 7 billion arose from those two.
Not taking into account the idea of inbreeding, incest, etc.

Though, I am sure they'll retort with God made more people after Adam and Eve.

NateDrake

The "why we still got monkeys?" Line of thinking.

They don't understand how evolution actually works, nor do they understand the idea of common ancestors. They believe two people were created and then 7 billion arose from those two.
Not taking into account the idea of inbreeding, incest, etc.

Though, I am sure they'll retort with God made more people after Adam and Eve.

Which are sins. So mankind was a mistake by God's own laws.

Mike M

Nick N
Something something Adam and Eve's DNA was perfect something something took some number of generations for sin to corrupt it to the point of inbreeding being detrimental, something something.

YECs give me migraines.

Nordicus

They're so attached to their old creation story even if in that creation story the supposedly omnipotent God is an inefficient hack that needs to constantly micromanage things to correct the course of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom