• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranzor

If we're talking about commonly used words/phrases, I've noticed that Alex often says a game is "better than it has any right to be." He seems to use it appropriately though, I like it!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
For those who are wanting some quality Ryan content, the Split/Second TNT (it's not actually archived on the site) is really, really great.

Link

Weird. He doesn't play carries very often does he? Never seen him play terrorblade before either. Haha.

He did play Terrorblade that one time,
The big one
... I think...

Problem is that, like you said, he doesn't play with it in most cases, Jeff asked that question and mocked it in a bombcast

He did play Terrorblade that one time,
The big one
... I think...

Problem is that, like you said, he doesn't play with it in most cases, Jeff asked that question and mocked it in a bombcast

Yeah. Thats what I though. Haha.

Oh well, good on him for supporting a game he loves.

Didn't Arkham Origins(?) also have some issue with scaling? Like Batman looked hilariously small when standing next to a car.

Yes it does.
rgTkFfO.jpg

Zoggy

i have a really weird/messed up confession to make...

i really like giantbomb and the guys, and through osmosis i've converted my friends and little brother into following them. they have a natural charm of bringing in people unlike any other guys in video game coverage.

the one thing i didn't expect is that my 9 yr old nephew (since he's always been around when i showed people GB clips) has also really liked them.

maybe its just an impressionable little kid just liking stuff that guys that he knows finds funny or not.

either way he LOVES watching giantbomb, if he likes a game he always asks "did giantbomb play it?".

he's a big fan of vinny and jeff, (he's deep enough that he knows their voices and stuff) and a REALLY big fan of ryan (because of tnt/UPF).

i know that giantbomb isn't really appropriate for kids that young, but outside of the language their content is really universal, just so funny and entertaining, even for people who aren't into videogames.

he loves littlebigplanet and minecraft and others, and enjoys GB playing games like that as well as stuff like gangbeasts and nidhogg/windjammers (he's just as entertained by WJ/nidhogg stuff as i am!)

anyways for a lot of the later videos, my nephew always asks "where is ryan? why doesn't he play games like giantbomb does".

since he's so young, i don't have the heart to tell him, and i just say "ryan just wasn't there that day when they played it" and he believes it.

either way, this post is about saying how incredibly charming and likeable the GB guys are, they just have the "it" factor that no other guys in videogame press do not.

and to say (not like anyone hasn't before) that i really fucking miss ryan and not just me, that other people that i've showed GB to.

its a testament to how great the guys at giantbomb are, you guys are just really good at just really being you.

i really like giantbomb and the guys, and through osmosis i've converted my friends and little brother into following them. they have a natural charm of bringing in people unlike any other guys in video game coverage.

the one thing i didn't expect is that my 9 yr old nephew (since he's always been around when i showed people GB clips) has also really liked them.

maybe its just an impressionable little kid just liking stuff that guys that he knows finds funny or not.

either way he LOVES watching giantbomb, if he likes a game he always asks "did giantbomb play it?".

he's a big fan of vinny and jeff, (he's deep enough that he knows their voices and stuff) and a REALLY big fan of ryan (because of tnt/UPF).

i know that giantbomb isn't really appropriate for kids that young, but outside of the language their content is really universal, just so funny and entertaining, even for people who aren't into videogames.

he loves littlebigplanet and minecraft and others, and enjoys GB playing games like that as well as stuff like gangbeasts and nidhogg/windjammers (he's just as entertained by WJ/nidhogg stuff as i am!)

anyways for a lot of the later videos, my nephew always asks "where is ryan? why doesn't he play games like giantbomb does".

since he's so young, i don't have the heart to tell him, and i just say "ryan just wasn't there that day when they played it" and he believes it.

either way, this post is about saying how incredibly charming and likeable the GB guys are, they just have the "it" factor that no other guys in videogame press do not.

and to say (not like anyone hasn't before) that i really fucking miss ryan and not just me, that other people that i've showed GB to.

its a testament to how great the guys at giantbomb are, you guys are just really good at just really being you.

o god :(

man that reminds me of something Patrick posted on his tumblr a few weeks back about a duder who watched Spelunky with Scoops everyday with his toddler
http://patrickklepek.tumblr.com/post/75821727579/there-are-apparently-a-bunch-of-giant-bomb#notes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN9iltnqvvk

Haunted

OMG the dude that plays Dota with brad is annoying and obnoxious. Stop screaming all the time dude, we really don't give a shit.
Counterpoint: Crispy is fucking awesome and not annoying at all! Glad they gor Refleksy in there semi-regularly now, always like him when he's playing with PyrionFlax.

Remember "Ostensibly"?
Yeah, that was really emblematic of his vocabulary.

"BLACK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*sound cuts out*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE!!!!"
:lol

Damn.. As soon as you mentioned your little nephew I knew where this post was going and it still broke my heart.. :(

If it was me I would probably pull a Santa Claus and tell him that Ryan left to focus on his personal life after getting married. I really hate lying to children like that, but the questions isn't going to go away and I don't think I could personally handle telling the truth to someone that young..

erawsd

Damn.. As soon as you mentioned your little nephew I knew where this post was going and it still broke my heart.. :(

If it was me I would probably pull a Santa Claus and tell him that Ryan left to focus on his personal life after getting married. I really hate lying to children like that, but the questions isn't going to go away and I don't think I could personally handle telling the truth to someone that young..

Tell him that Ryan went off to college. Thats how kid shows usually handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom