• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! I just beat Demon's Souls a few minutes ago. Brad will fucking hate (Boss Spoiler)
getting his soul levels sucked. Thankfully I used warding, and had lots of full moon grass and beat him without dying.

Fuck, no way I'll be able to watch Breaking Bad this week inbetween school work and regular work.

Hopefully I'll find some time to watch some South Park coverage.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Cool! I just beat Demon's Souls a few minutes ago. Brad will fucking hate (Boss Spoiler)
getting his soul levels sucked. Thankfully I used warding, and had lots of full moon grass and beat him without dying.

That fucking SUCKED. SO BAD. I had used up all my consumable souls too and I was
downgraded to a level where I no longer had the strength to use my weapon or the endurance to use my proper armor

Man FUCK that bullshit.

Demon's Souls in an hour and a half!
Woohoo!
0339_9zjxp.gif

Is there a problem with their HTML5 player? I don't think I've been able to play videos for a few days now.

I currently have a weird issue with HTML5 videos where the video doesn't autostart. Right clicking and selecting play will begin the video. Hopefully that will work for you.

I currently have a weird issue with HTML5 videos where the video doesn't autostart. Right clicking and selecting play will begin the video. Hopefully that will work for you.

I can't even do that. I'm receiving the message "Please use a flash or HTML5 video capable browser to watch videos." Tried Firefox/Pale Moon, Chrome, and IE11. Same thing.

Thanks for the suggestion though

It will be delicious.

I just had rebeat it and only had that happen once.

I can't even do that. I'm receiving the message "Please use a flash or HTML5 video capable browser to watch videos." Tried Firefox/Pale Moon, Chrome, and IE11. Same thing.

Thanks for the suggestion though

Oh, I didn't realize it was such a big error. Best bet would probably be Giant Bomb's technical support, at the very least they would be able to pinpoint whether it's on their side or yours.

Quentyn

Wonder how they managed time for that? Aren't they usually pretty busy on Monday between podcast, quicklooks and meetings?

Jeff has a 'thing' today (Titanfall review event maybe?). He said during the Mixlr stream, that he was not sure if he will be in the office at all today. Looks like they will record the podcast tomorrow.

Lunzio

Jeff has a 'thing' today (Titanfall review event maybe?). He said during the Mixlr stream, that he was not sure if he will be in the office at all today. Looks like they will record the podcast tomorrow.

Most definitely an Infamous: Second Son event

Etnos

Banned
yoo guys, I´ve been holding this to myself because I don´t wanna be that guy... but I can´t stop to feel underwhelm for the current state of Giantbomb:

-The site feels like Patrick´s personal blog, he is the only one doing interesting content or actually any content at all

-Last time I red a editorial/article like thing (not written by Patrick ) was jeff preview of Bioshock infinite.

-The main staff barely writes a review or engage with games outside the ones they addicted to (dota 2 anyone... )

-The bombcast is not what it used to be: Jeff is obnoxious most of the time, Brad is stubborn and self absorbed, Vinny is still good but he cant carry the whole thing... I don´t know this may be my perception.

-The site looks and feel like a re-skinned Gamespot, the video player constantly fails, and the forum is a buggy mess

I don´t know I just don´t visit the site as often and when I do: I usually don´t stay for long. Im not bitching Ive been on giantbomb for 5 years by now, but it just doesn't feel like the same site it used to be.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel like the video shows are basically the natural evolution of where everything has gone. I don't think they're all that interested in doing reviews anymore, which is why they basically shut nearly every game to Alex and just let him write all the reviews himself.

Curufinwe

yoo guys, I´ve been holding this to myself because I don´t wanna be that guy... but I can´t stop to feel underwhelm for the current state of Giantbomb:

-The site feels like Patrick´s personal blog, he is the only one doing interesting content or actually any content at all

-Last time I red a editorial/article like thing (not written by Patrick ) was jeff preview of Bioshock infinite.

-The main staff barely writes a review or engage with games outside the ones they addicted to (dota 2 anyone... )

-The bombcast is not what it used to be: Jeff is obnoxious most of the time, Brad is stubborn and self absorbed, Vinny is still good but he can carry the whole thing... I don´t know this may be my perception.

-The site looks and feel like a re-skinned Gamespot, the video player constantly fails, and the forum is a buggy mess

I don´t know I just don´t visit the site as often and when I do: I usually don´t stay for long. Im not bitching Ive been on giantbomb for 5 years by now, but it just doesn't feel like the same site it used to be.

The BB going on right now is some of the best stuff they have ever done.

-The bombcast is not what it used to be: Jeff is obnoxious most of the time, Brad is stubborn and self absorbed, Vinny is still good but he can carry the whole thing... I don´t know this may be my perception.

Don't agree with most of this but I would like to see more writing from Jeff and Brad.

This is the fucking worst. I swear it gets worse and worse... For quicklooks I can just use the youtube one but the premium videos are just a pain.

Not sure I agree with all your points but I'm certainly also feeling a bit jaded towards GB. I miss the days of random fun and although I find many of the games someone like Patrick looks at cool, I have no enjoyment of watching solo quicklooks, they just become boring.

Sulik2

I've started listening to the Bombing in the AM podcasts. What a fantastic show. Alex and Patrick "Anime Editor" Klepek really play well off each other. I am super happy to have this join my rotation. I really miss Patrick on the bombcast.

Zaph

I've started listening to the Bombing in the AM podcasts. What a fantastic show. Alex and Patrick "Anime Editor" Klepek really play well off each other. I am super happy to have this join my rotation. I really miss Patrick on the bombcast.
It's a great show. The ones with dev guests are my favourite - make sure to listen to the Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone creator) episode a few weeks back, he's super candid and happily talks in depth about Steam and PS+.

Just wish they'd both upgrade their setups. The audio drops and video quality can get quite bad.

Joeku

The most recent Bombing in the AM is like classic Bombcast-quality material. It was really good.

Good GB is behind a paywall now. Basically scoops.com fo everyone else

Smells of milking the existing fanbase instead of trying to grow which is a worry

Good GB is behind a paywall now. Basically scoops.com fo everyone else

Smells of milking the existing fanbase instead of trying to grow which is a worry

Who knows what the reasoning behind it is, but yeah, Unpro and the bombcast are the only things I go to GB for now. When on any given day you can go to the front page and 7 out of the first 10 items are patrick solo content, you wonder how messed up that CBS work structure is.

MG310

I have a feeling Vinny beat him the most honorable way like I did
Poison cloud from the bottom of the steps all day long.

BearPawB

Banned
I love the content that has been coming out recently.

Patrick has clearly been the content leader, giving us content on a daily basis.

Brad has been doing some nice long features and basically giving us an endurance run

Vinny is a constant presence both behind and in front of the camera.

Drew and Rorie are fun to have on any show.

When Jeff is in something, he is great as always. I just wish he could find a feature all his own. Something truly "Jeff".

I love the content that has been coming out recently.

Patrick has clearly been the content leader, giving us content on a daily basis.

Brad has been doing some nice long features and basically giving us an endurance run

Vinny is a constant presence both behind and in front of the camera.

Drew and Rorie are fun to have on any show.

When Jeff is in something, he is great as always. I just wish he could find a feature all his own. Something truly "Jeff".
I hope he does some titanfall streaming. That'd be cool.

Lunzio

I'm not one to bitch about GB, but it would always be nice to have more crazy/random videos.

This was always my favorite part of the site. It's what gave them personality/something no other gaming site really had. I do enjoy video game coverage, but it's the silly antics around that stuff that always had me interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom