• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GhostRunner PS5/XSX/XSS DF Performance Analysis

Ok we can use that premise. Why then if the target is 4k to appease " dumb people" does the result of one platform produce 60fps and the other not 60 fps? Your stance is its lazy devs that wont do the bare minimum. My stance is IN THIS GAME one platform can do it while the other cant and the one that cant needs more optimization than the one that can. What they settled on was the result of thier optimization we dont know if it was alot, a little, easy or hard, to say otherwise is wishful thinking.
Ignore the ps5 I'm not taking about it at all. This isn't a power comment. You want this to be about ps5vs Xbox but it's not.

I'm from a pc background so it's all I know lol.

I thought hitman 3 was a considerably higher resolution on xbox than ps5?
Thats what i was saying most games are like for like with some outliers for each that seem to behave outside the norm. In these instances (hitman for XsX: this game for PS5) seem to be a result of the nuances in these machines where they differ.

TLDR. Mostly the same w/ some outliers one way or the other.

Ignore the ps5 I'm not taking about it at all. This isn't a power comment. You want this to be about ps5vs Xbox but it's not.
No i dont, the PS5 running at a better frame rate is indicative of the devs not being lazy as you claim. You yourself are basing your claim that the XsX recived a lazy port using the PS5 as a basline of performance. How can you make the claim the devs are lazy if the only version was the XSX? The results would just be the results and you could make no claim to the effort it took to get said results.

Edit: i wouldnt hold it against anyone who would make this comparison btw as this is a comparison thread is it not?

Last edited:

onQ123

OK, how so we put this in perspective. Imagine you have 2 gpus one is less CUs but faster GHz like a 6700xt then you had one with more CUs but with a slower GHz but is known on paper to be more powerful like a 6800 xt.

You put one in one OS and one in another and the one with more CUs but runs slower performs worse. Everyone knows the 6800xt is the more powerful card but it just doesn't add up.

Can someone show me a gpu from the same generation and family that has more CUs and a slower speed but is known to the whole computing world that it is more powerful that is seen as a weaker card? It simply doesn't happen.

There must be something at play here. There is no reason if the consoles are developed for properly that they shouldn't be more or less identical with a potential small fps or resolution difference between the two. Not something as big as what we are seeing here.

How big is the team that made this game?
PS5 has a better RBE setup that equal to over 2X the depth ROPs of Xbox Series X , it also has the geometry advantage from the higher clocks.

FrankWza

Speculation in fine and normal with discourse, if it wasnt conversation would never push forward as nobody knows everything about everything even collectively. You present fact and evidence when appropriate and speculate to fill in the gaps, its ok to have an opinion not supported by facts it only becomes an issue if one believes thier opinion is more valuable than someone else's and when this occurs thats where moderators come in.
Well said.
So why isn't XSX performing well this time? Tools? Poor optimisation due to over reliance on VRR? A bug? Bad devs? I look forward to hearing your theories.
A unique case where PS5 outperforms XSX. Is it optimization? or one of those games that favor a high clock speeds?

No console warring or chest beating please.
As I said, this is about protecting xbox from any kind of criticism, you may as well put a sponsored my MS banner at the top of the site at this point.
I’m not saying you’re right or wrong. I think it’s more of who’s doing the reporting. If the mods are inundated with report spamming their attention is drawn to one side. Take a look at this 2 almost identical posts above. One guy is banned and one isn’t. Vogneal even threw a dig at PS. Doesn’t bother me but cragarmi triggered some people.

No i dont, the PS5 running at a better frame rate is indicative of the devs not being lazy as you claim. You yourself are basing your claim that the XsX recived a lazy port using the PS5 as a basline of performance. How can you make the claim the devs are lazy if the only version was the XSX? The results would just be the results and you could make no claim to the effort it took to get said results.

Edit: i wouldnt hold it against anyone who would make this comparison btw as this is a comparison thread is it not?
No the ps5 being stable is indicative of absolutely nothing

No the ps5 being stable is indicative of absolutely nothing
Ok so how then are you concludeing that it is easy to lower the resolution to get a stable 60fps? Again not asking that lowering the res increases FPS, im asking how can you conclude its EASY?

Edit: so lol emoji...does this mean you cant conclude that it was easy and your premise was based on hopes and dreams as well?

Last edited:

Vognerful

Well said.

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong. I think it’s more of who’s doing the reporting. If the mods are inundated with report spamming their attention is drawn to one side. Take a look at this 2 almost identical posts above. One guy is banned and one isn’t. Vogneal even threw a dig at PS. Doesn’t bother me but cragarmi triggered some people.

That is because............
im rich donald trump GIF by Team Coco

Also I can't you are complaining about it. Is it because I said Unique? the rest of the statement was really genuine.

but why do I bother....
the simpsons adult GIF

OverHeat

« generous god »
Good thing I played this on PC….what a trash port on both platforms we all know there are better port of other games so they have no excuses. Don’t support them for such a low effort.

Last edited:

Loxus

Some of you all are reaching to much.

Implementing DualSense features could be as simple as button mapping. With additional vibration API presets.

As far as PS5's performance goes.
It could be just the GPU being more efficient. Especially with the assistance of the I/O Complex.

Teraflops isn't everything either.
j4Pw2cX.jpg

"If you just calculate teraflops you get the same number, but actually the performance is noticeably different because teraflops is defined as the computational capability of the vector ALU.

That's just one part of the GPU, there are a lot of other units and those other units all run faster when the GPU frequency is higher. At 33% higher frequency, rasterization goes 33% faster. Processing the command buffer goes that much faster. The L2 and other caches have that much higher bandwidth and so on."
ednNNCS.jpg

Higher clocks also play a role.

I think it's about time we accept some games will perform better on PS5, while others on XBSX and stop this back and forth bickering.

FrankWza

Also I can't you are complaining about it. Is it because I said Unique? the rest of the statement was really genuine.
Doesn’t matter. I was just comparing. I don’t want to see you banned but they were nearly identical posts and there’s nothing unique as the PS5 has come out ahead plenty of times in head to heads.

Well said.

cragarmi has been shitting up several threads with blatant console war bullshit. That's likely why he was banned. I also assume he's an alt account of one of the permabanned boys.

FrankWza

cragarmi has been shitting up several threads with blatant console war bullshit. That's likely why he was banned. I also assume he's an alt account of one of the permabanned boys.
Fair enough. I just went by the post that was linked to his ban on the ban page. It was the one in this thread so I assumed that’s the one they were alerted to.

So hopes and dreams it is, thanks.
Seems to me that it's hopes and dreams to believe that one platform has some sort of technical magic as the reason why there is a performance difference here when really it's a matter of optimization. Even the Hitman 3 example you stated showed both platforms performing similarly even with the resolution differences. There is no reason both consoles can't play this cross generational game the same.

Tripolygon

Banned
Some of you all are reaching to much.

Implementing DualSense features could be as simple as button mapping. With additional vibration API presets.
Reaching is an understatement. DualSense adds extra performance and optimization to PS5 games. Lol

Seems to me that it's hopes and dreams to believe that one platform has some sort of technical magic as the reason why there is a performance difference here when really it's a matter of optimization. Even the Hitman 3 example you stated showed both platforms performing similarly even with the resolution differences. There is no reason both consoles can't play this cross generational game the same.
Its only magic if you think Cerny is a wizard. Otherwise its just as he stated and many others (myself included) have stated in this thread. Narrow and fast has some advantages as does wide and slow. Why does this bother you?

Edit: i just reread what you posted. You are literally suggesting that if there is a large delta in favor of XsX thats not an optimization thing and "magic" but when the delta exists in PS5s favor its just that!?! You my friend are as biased as they come. Each of these are rare occurrences and most of the time there is a negligible difference, again why does this bother you?

Last edited:

onQ123

Look at the language they use in their mods messages... no comment, just well, it should not be the biggest cry babies that get their "side" to win because they got the others banned. When I see people who post things like what @cargami posted being banned I'm not even interested in the console warring, it's a mob being trigger happy, hiding behind the mod account.

bydJM2l.png

I know I'm pulling the Lion's tail here, but given that my actual opinion on the subject are pretty tame (the consoles are close, there is not much to it, it has been discussed a million times, we know the reasons and relative benefits of each architectures... in the end they are so close)... What's the point of trying to be so serious about it? If someone did not get it yet they probably never will.

So I get banned for fleshing out things and what not... as soon as you question the xbox's and its services total domination... bang a warning and soon later a ban.

I'm not 4, so I will not play the reporting game on people who think their console is more powerful than the other's.
There was a whole thread here dedicated to trolling the PS5 when they thought Xbox Series X was going to win all the faceoffs now you have to watch what you say in a faceoff thread.

Its only magic if you think Cerny is a wizard. Otherwise its just as he stated and many others (myself included) have stated in this thread. Narrow and fast has some advantages as does wide and slow. Why does this bother you?

Edit: i just reread what you posted. You are literally suggesting that if there is a large delta in favor of XsX thats not an optimization thing and "magic" but when the delta exists in PS5s favor its just that!?! You my friend are as biased as they come. Each of these are rare occurrences and most of the time there is a negligible difference, again why does this bother you?
At what point did I say a delta in the Xbox's favor was magic? I said there is no reason this game can't have PARITY. I have said nothing about an advantage. The only one talking about advantages is you friend. You honestly think the Xbox S or X is simply incapable of running this game smoothly? Only through the magic of Mark Cerny is this game able to run well on PS5? Really? And I'm biased because I said the games should run the same on XSX and PS5? Why does it bother you that the PS5 version of this game clearly received more optimization than the Xbox version? It makes sense when you look at the installation bases.

xStoyax

Banned
Look at the language they use in their mods messages... no comment, just well, it should not be the biggest cry babies that get their "side" to win because they got the others banned. When I see people who post things like what @cargami posted being banned I'm not even interested in the console warring, it's a mob being trigger happy, hiding behind the mod account.

bydJM2l.png

I know I'm pulling the Lion's tail here, but given that my actual opinion on the subject are pretty tame (the consoles are close, there is not much to it, it has been discussed a million times, we know the reasons and relative benefits of each architectures... in the end they are so close)... What's the point of trying to be so serious about it? If someone did not get it yet they probably never will.

So I get banned for fleshing out things and what not... as soon as you question the xbox's and its services total domination... bang a warning and soon later a ban.

I'm not 4, so I will not play the reporting game on people who think their console is more powerful than the other's.

Yeah the board went from laughing at how ridiculous Era moderation is to falling into the same power hungry trap & becoming the thing they hate. Reason I rarely visit or post anymore

onQ123

At what point did I say a delta in the Xbox's favor was magic? I said there is no reason this game can't have PARITY. I have said nothing about an advantage. The only one talking about advantages is you friend. You honestly think the Xbox S or X is simply incapable of running this game smoothly? Only through the magic of Mark Cerny is this game able to run well on PS5? Really? And I'm biased because I said the games should run the same on XSX and PS5? Why does it bother you that the PS5 version of this game clearly received more optimization than the Xbox version? It makes sense when you look at the installation bases.
The problem here is you claiming that PS5 clearly received more optimization when you really don't know that.

It could be as simple as the game just run better with the setup that PS5 has over the setup that Xbox Series X has.

I made a thread before the consoles even released explaining that some games will run better with the way PS5 is designed.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
The problem here is you claiming that PS5 clearly received more optimization when you really don't know that.

It could be as simple as the game just run better with the setup that PS5 has over the setup that Xbox Series X has.

I made a thread before the consoles even released explaining that some games will run better with the way PS5 is designed.

Can you explain why other games aren't showing the same difference as ghost runner?

onQ123

Can you explain why other games aren't showing the same difference as ghost runner?
Easy because all games are not the same. We just seen a game that was 6k on Xbox Series X hit 8k on PS5 that's almost 2X the resolution while also having better shadows & DoF.

If a game is made that isn't compute hungry but pushing a lot of pixels per second PS5 will come out on top but if a game is compute hungry PS5 will hit it's limit 1st & Xbox Series X will come out on top.

Also some games will run better with PS5 memory + SSD setup when data streaming is used more.

The problem is that this is a cross generational game. It is on the PS4 and Xbox 1. Why would a game designed to run on last gen consoles struggle to run on a current gen device unless it wasn't optimized. Lack of optimization makes way more sense than trying to claim that it is because of the technical superiority of the PS5.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one. Couple that with the fact the PS5 has a larger installed base and it's pretty easy the developer taking more time to make that version run better. The added time for dual sense points to this as well. Again there is no technical reason why this game can't run well on BOTH systems.

onQ123

The problem is that this is a cross generational game. It is on the PS4 and Xbox 1. Why would a game designed to run on last gen consoles struggle to run on a current gen device unless it wasn't optimized. Lack of optimization makes way more sense than trying to claim that it is because of the technical superiority of the PS5.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one. Couple that with the fact the PS5 has a larger installed base and it's pretty easy the developer taking more time to make that version run better. The added time for dual sense points to this as well. Again there is no technical reason why this game can't run well on BOTH systems.
SMH it's like you refuse to take in information & just keep repeating silly stuff.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Easy because all games are not the same. We just seen a game that was 6k on Xbox Series X hit 8k on PS5 that's almost 2X the resolution while also having better shadows & DoF.

If a game is made that isn't compute hungry but pushing a lot of pixels per second PS5 will come out on top but if a game is compute hungry PS5 will hit it's limit 1st & Xbox Series X will come out on top.

Also some games will run better with PS5 memory + SSD setup when data streaming is used more.

deep down you know this isn’t true. I will put money that if a game is built for both consoles from scratch and developed to each strengths and weaknesses you would never see a gap as large as this game.
the other game you are using as an example had a whole 6 months extra dev time dedicated to one platform and was built completely from the ground up.

ghost runner is not any evidence of what you are trying to talk about and you know it.

Its some small dev team that’s ported to multiple platforms, a last gen game That’s over a year old.

show me one game from a big studio that has launched this year that has such disparity. Just one?

Last edited:

onQ123

deep down you know this isn’t true. I will put money that if a game is built for both consoles from scratch and developed to each strengths and weaknesses you would never see a gap as large as this game.
the other game you are using as an example had a whole 6 months extra dev time dedicated to one platform and was built completely from the ground up.

ghost runner is not any evidence of what you are trying to talk about and you know it.

Its some small dev team that’s ported to multiple platforms, a last gen game That’s over a year old.

show me one game from a big studio that has launched this year that has such disparity. Just one?
The Medium did just that & the result is better Ray Tracing on Xbox Series X but higher resolution on PS5.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-the-medium-on-ps5-big-changes

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
The Medium did just that & the result is better Ray Tracing on Xbox Series X but higher resolution on PS5.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-the-medium-on-ps5-big-changes

this is the complete opposite of what I am saying and chimes into my original point. Medium was released 6 months later where they could dedicate them selves to one platform. the devs had time to see How bad these consoles handle raytracing etc and essentially cull the game of features and settings to release a more stable game. If they went back to the Xbox version and change the settings to the ps5, I would put money you would see similar performance.

what I’m saying is take a big game, from a large established studio that launches day and date on both consoles and you will see differences either way in the similar vein of what we are seeing with guardians of the galaxy where one platform will perform marginally better in certain scenarios.

you aren’t going to see a gap like this. This kind of gap is clearly, obviously, absolute certainly something else like less dev time and focus for one platform, or some strange performance bug that will get patched. It is not some sign, or example of the power differences between these consoles And how their inner design of hardware components manifests itself in software.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Summary
PS5 runs at consistent FPS in RT mode and performs better than Series X.
PS5 runs at more consistent FPS in 120fps mode and performs better than Series X.
Series X has dips in high 40s to mid 50s in RT mode and isn't very responsive.
Series X runs much better in 120 fps mode, but can dip to mid 90s but VRR saves the day.
Series S has not so favorable fps performance from the only available mode.
PS5 has good implementation on the DualSense as well.
PS5 and XSX target 4K on both performance and RT modes at 60fps, PS5 seem to hit native 4K on both these modes.
PS5 and Series X both at 1296P with slightly above or below that depending on-screen complexity when running at 120fps mode.
Series S runs at just a single mode which is 1440p60fps and it's FPS isn't smooth.

5sgtk0.jpg

onQ123

this is the complete opposite of what I am saying and chimes into my original point. Medium was released 6 months later where they could dedicate them selves to one platform. the devs had time to see How bad these consoles handle raytracing etc and essentially cull the game of features and settings to release a more stable game. If they went back to the Xbox version and change the settings to the ps5, I would put money you would see similar performance.

what I’m saying is take a big game, from a large established studio that launches day and date on both consoles and you will see differences either way in the similar vein of what we are seeing with guardians of the galaxy where one platform will perform marginally better in certain scenarios.

you aren’t going to see a gap like this. This kind of gap is clearly, obviously, absolute certainly something else like less dev time and focus for one platform, or some strange performance bug that will get patched. It is not some sign, or example of the power differences between these consoles And how their inner design of hardware components manifests itself in software.

You know that big studios play politics & will try to keep things even across the consoles when they can. They will not go out of their way to take advantage of each console unless the games are released at different times.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You know that big studios play politics & will try to keep things even across the consoles when they can. They will not go out of their way to take advantage of each console unless the games are released at different times.

I do think that they will see differences and they will be minor. Just like anyone who has looked at these consoles since they were announced said they would. These consoles are within 10 to 15 percent of each other at the best of times. They are basically identical. There is absolutely no reason we should see a 20 to 30 percent frame rate advantage to once console over the other if the games are developed properly to each system’s strengths.

but just to add, for the fun of it lol you’re basically saying that if a big game is on par it’s because the developers are going to purposefully hold back to what I guess is the ps5 version but if someone in this thread says that they think the ps5 version may have had a bit of extra dev time put into that version that those people are reaching for hypertheticals?

can we see the irony here?

it’s all ❤️

Last edited:

onQ123

I do think that they will see differences and they will be minor. Just like anyone who has looked at these consoles since they were announced said they would. These consoles are within 10 to 15 percent of each other at the best of times. They are basically identical. There is absolutely no reason we should see a 20 to 30 percent frame rate advantage to once console over the other if the games are developed properly to each system’s strengths.

but just to add, for the fun of it lol you’re basically saying that if a big game is on par it’s because the developers are going to purposefully hold back to what I guess is the ps5 version but if someone in this thread says that they think the ps5 version may have had a bit of extra dev time put into that version that those people are reaching for hypertheticals?

it’s all ❤️
Actually they are not as close as you think & both have areas where they could shine above the other if it came down to it but we most likely wouldn't get to see these situations in multi platform games besides situations like The Touryst & The Medium when the games are released with a gap between the release dates.

Last edited:
Actually they are not as close as you think & both have areas where they could shine above the other if it came down to it but we most likely wouldn't get to see these situations in multi platform games besides situations like The Touryst & The Medium when the games are released with a gap between the release dates.

Basically.

Not talking about DenchDeckard DenchDeckard here but overall some people need to accept that there isn't some massive power gulf that's waiting to be activated. The two systems are similar in terms of power and each has their own strengths and weaknesses. It's a fantasy to think that either platform doesn't have any sort of advantage over the other. With these comparisons some are finding that very hard to deal with.

Anyways I don't believe either owner of these systems should be disappointed in the hardware. It's not like either manufacturer made really bad hardware decisions that will cripple the platform for the rest of this gen.

onQ123

DenchDeckard DenchDeckard and no I'm not saying they will hold one console back purposely I'm saying that they will not make a game around the strength of one console knowing that it will be bottlenecked when it's running on the other console.

Like this situation the game wasn't built around PS5 or Xbox Series X specs it was created for PC but just happened to port over to PS5 better for whatever reason.

Shmunter

Basically.

Not talking about DenchDeckard DenchDeckard here but overall some people need to accept that there isn't some massive power gulf that's waiting to be activated. The two systems are similar in terms of power and each has their own strengths and weaknesses. It's a fantasy to think that either platform doesn't have any sort of advantage over the other. With these comparisons some are finding that very hard to deal with.

Anyways I don't believe either owner of these systems should be disappointed in the hardware. It's not like either manufacturer made really bad hardware decisions that will cripple the platform for the rest of this gen.
One still has a massive I/o advantage over and above the mostly equal pixel and compute power. Will we see software properly tap into it is another matter.

martino

PS5 has a better RBE setup that equal to over 2X the depth ROPs of Xbox Series X , it also has the geometry advantage from the higher clocks.
but in future part to all geometry work could become general on compute units and the advantage you describe here with legacy ways to do things could lower up to reverse.
We need to not read too much in current games not using one the most impactful change on the rendering side (if engine implement them quick enough for this gen , my doubts are more here)

Last edited:
One still has a massive I/o advantage over and above the mostly equal pixel and compute power. Will we see software properly tap into it is another matter.

It could be a case of diminishing returns where the I/O is concerned. The biggest difference I'm expecting where the I/O is concerned is maybe the elimination of loading screens on one while the other still has them.

I know you can do more with streaming but I doubt they will make a multiplat have a huge difference between the two due to the streaming capabilities.

For exclusives things can be different though.

it’s all ❤️
They are saying that sometimes the advantages of one system may manifest itself with a advantage here or there (res, fps, shadow quality, draw distance, af) and its solely based on a case by case basis due to the concessions and advancements each company made while build these devices. Not that one is holding the other back they EACH have positives and they EACH have negatives. In THIS game it appears the code responds well to the advantages of the PS5. And the reverse was ture of Hitman 3 where the code responded well the advantages the XsX has. But we're talking about 3 or 4 games total so far with these differences most fall into the middle somewhere.

Shmunter

It could be a case of diminishing returns where the I/O is concerned. The biggest difference I'm expecting where the I/O is concerned is maybe the elimination of loading screens on one while the other still has them.

I know you can do more with streaming but I doubt they will make a multiplat have a huge difference between the two due to the streaming capabilities.

For exclusives things can be different though.
That’s the core issue. Software needs ground up design around such concepts. Multiplats will always target lowest common denominator as the foundation in design.

And frankly with Sony swinging around cross gen and Multiplatform pc development they can no longer be depended on to push the envelope of their own hardware.

That’s the core issue. Software needs ground up design around such concepts. Multiplats will always target lowest common denominator as the foundation in design.

And frankly with Sony swinging around cross gen and Multiplatform pc development they can no longer be depended on to push the envelope of their own hardware.

Sony really needs to sell that I/O so I'm sure there will be a few more games that use it. But unfortunately it won't be every game that they make.

There was a whole thread here dedicated to trolling the PS5 when they thought Xbox Series X was going to win all the faceoffs now you have to watch what you say in a faceoff thread.
Yeah the board went from laughing at how ridiculous Era moderation is to falling into the same power hungry trap & becoming the thing they hate. Reason I rarely visit or post anymore
This is ridiculous, they did ban me in the past and now they insult me for talking about it...

TQ3kKjF.png

BTW: Alex was right, he mad a 5 hours show when I was banned, he explained how the lizard people colluded with Bill Gates and the interdimentional aliens to get rid of me.
going off alex jones GIF

These people need to understand that stating that Microsoft's console is not destroying the competition is not "console warring".

Neither is making fun of people who think that one day a game that runs well on a 12tf GPU will be impossible on a 10tf one without very minor tweaks.

mod edit: to respond to this user in particular, here is the sequence of events. The user was originally banned for a week in September. This is their input into that thread. This was while still having an active warning for attempting to start a bait thread about gamepass which is located here and was closed.

After this, the user returned from the ban, subsequent to when the sterner direction the moderator's would be taking due to the amount of console warring was announced. The users ban expired on 16th September. The
sticky was added to the forum on 25th September. The user again tried to make an antagonsitic and bait type of post here - again directed at gamepass. Previous warnings (which stand at five) and behaviour in line with the new policy about ambiguity escalated this to another week ban which expired on 9th October.

This episode started with the poster attempting to derail this thread with this post - the quoted user was banned for ignoring a mod warning the same day as described on the ban page, and trying to incite console wars. It is pretty clear this post is not interested in opening a discussion and is exactly the type of post the sticky warned would be moderated:

remarkn7jud.png

The post was deleted and the user warned about trying to misrepresent why moderation actions were taken:

remarkzqj0d.png

The user was not banned as they claimed here in the first part. As you can see from above, the post was deleted and they were given a warning and were still posting - there was also no reply ban issued. We will leave you to decide whether the user previously was 'questioning xbox and its services' legitimately from the previously linked posts. The above post was deleted because of this misrepresentation/conspiracy theory and the user notified why (in the spoilered original post). This user makes no reference to the zero tolerance policy surrounding the TF rating or RDNA 1.5 arguments on the board against the PS5 because it does not align with their made up stories.

To clarify (and evidenced above) the user has never been banned for:

These people need to understand that stating that Microsoft's console is not destroying the competition is not "console warring".

Neither is making fun of people who think that one day a game that runs well on a 12tf GPU will be impossible on a 10tf one without very minor tweaks.

Last edited by a moderator:

onQ123

Sony really needs to sell that I/O so I'm sure there will be a few more games that use it. But unfortunately it won't be every game that they make.
but in future part to all geometry work could become general on compute units and the advantage you describe here with legacy ways to do things could lower up to reverse.
We need to not read too much in current games not using one the most impactful change on the rendering side (if engine implement them quick enough for this gen , my doubts are more here)
both of these things will start to happen when the install base of hardware that can take advantage of them grow large enough. Like when there is lots of PCs with PCIE4 / PCIE5 & NVMe is closer to being the standard.

both of these things will start to happen when the install base of hardware that can take advantage of them grow large enough. Like when there is lots of PCs with PCIE4 / PCIE5 & NVMe is closer to being the standard.

Most likely but it could be a while before it becomes the standard. I guess we just have to be patient.

Top Bottom