• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GHOSTBUSTERS: The Video Game Remastered |OT| Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown!

Stuart360

Its just a Rez bump and framerate bump on console. Even the wording from the publishers said 'Remastered in high resolution'.
Its the PC orig they have used in that comparsion, so it looks almost exactly the same, because it is. If they had used the 360/PS3 version, the comparison would of looked a lot more.
Its basically pointless buying the remaster if you are on PC, but probably worth it on console.

ManaByte

Its just a Rez bump and framerate bump on console. Even the wording from the publishers said 'Remastered in high resolution'.
Its the PC orig they have used in that comparsion, so it looks almost exactly the same, because it is. If they had used the 360/PS3 version, the comparison would of looked a lot more.
Its basically pointless buying the remaster if you are on PC, but probably worth it on console.

I think (can't remember for sure, been a while since I played it) the PC version even has better textures than the original console ones.

VulcanRaven

They did say before the release that the textures and lighting would be better:

We’re incredibly honoured and excited to announce Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered will be launching on PS4 in 2019. All of the -in-game videos and cutscenes were found on a hard drive in storage from one of the original creators and remastered in 4K HD. The great storytelling and audio has all been preserved while enhanced textures and lighting complete the package.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
This game makes me feel old. I can't believe it came out long enough ago that it's getting a remaster.

Fret Runner

Random thought: I wonder if a point and click Ghostbusters game could've been cool.
Never really gave it much thought,but the more I think about it the more I think it could have some serious potential.
Of course, it will never happen but still. Shower thought over lol

TLZ

Banned
Oh and also, it’s not exactly a big performance jump. 4k in X runs down into the low teens in a LOT of places...
God damnit. So it can't get a locked 30 even? I would've been happy with a 1080p60 option.

Silent Duck

The difference between the 360 and PS4 Pro is very noticeable. It runs much smoother, no hiccups for me anymore. And the up res looks great while in game. The cinematics look rough though.

The 360 version (on my tv) has a weird horizontal line in the middle of the screen where the top part doesn’t seem in sync with the bottom half. So I’m happy with the remaster so far.

Can’t wait to see what they are going to do with multiplayer since they are supposed to be rebuilding it from the ground up.

Top Bottom