• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S

Banned
So basically this is a pointless comparison.

why would it be a pointless comparison?
if you use these for any other reason than to decide which version to buy you're or just out of interest of what the devs decided to do with the hardware a fucking idiot anyways.

so tell me why it's pointless? the video does exactly that doesn't it?

Gold_Loot

why would it be a pointless comparison?
if you use these for any other reason than to decide which version to buy you're or just out of interest of what the devs decided to do with the hardware a fucking idiot anyways.

so tell me why it's pointless? the video does exactly that doesn't it?
It depends really. While yes, if you own both next gen systems, as well as both past gen systems with a copy of GRB on each platform. Than sure , this video can be useful.
Other than that, we are just looking at two versions of Past gen BC modes.

Ya gotta admit, it’s kinda redundant.

dcmk7

Banned
XsX BC mode > PS5 BC mode.

I think everyone would agree right?

Since it's effectively a comparison against a PS4 Pro version with an uncapped frame rate. It shouldn't even be a comparison but for some reason it is.

Xbox team have done a great job with their BC modes, allowing last gen games to be platform aware. It's smart.

Sony less so, giving gamers an uncapped frame rate, that's it.

Can only put these kind of threads down to people wanting to troll. Whatever it is it's pretty desperate to be having to use such a comparison as an indication of next gen power.

Be nice to just agree XsX BC mode > PS5 BC mode and move on, no more of this FUD.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Since it's effectively a comparison against a PS4 Pro version with an uncapped frame rate. It shouldn't even be a comparison but for some reason it is.

Xbox team have done a great job with their BC modes, allowing last gen games to be platform aware. It's smart.

Can only put these kind of threads down to people wanting to troll. Whatever it is it's pretty desperate to be having to use such a comparison as an indication of next gen power.

Be nice to just agree XsX BC mode > PS5 BC mode and move on, no more of this FUD.
Having to upload saves from the PS4 game to the PS5 version (although they are on PSN+ already) is bullshit of the highest order (this is where MS delivered with Smart Delivery and BC the most for me). That means that the save must be converted, uploaded, downloaded and used... blah 😑.

Last edited:

geordiemp

Not really, it depends if its an XB1X version that has better settings than the ps4 pro version.

Some older games are sofware cap stuck at 900p on XSX and 1080p on ps5 due to the old console caps.

Some games are software cap limited by Ps4 pro and XB1X settings.

It has nothing to do with the console power or ability to run BC for last gen, its a software cap that needs a patch.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
Not really, it depends if its an XB1X version that has better settings than the ps4 pro version.

Some older games are sofware cap stuck at 900p on XSX and 1080p on ps5 due to the old console caps.

Some games are software cap limited by Ps4 pro and XB1X settings.

It has nothing to do with the console power or ability to run BC for last gen, its a software cap that needs a patch.

I don't think you would find many examples of a last gen title being enhanced better on PS5.

Caio

200.gif

Comparison thread that is.. not a win for ps5

No, no.

It's not another win. This is "desperation", we all know XBox does BC better. This is not Next Gen.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Doesn't this game have a Next-Gen upgrade due?
Kinda pointless comparison in grand scheme of things

ethomaz

Banned
I'm going off what people like you are saying on this very forum. My opinion is that there is a double standard and there has been nothing I've seen from you or anyone else to change that. At least those Xbox fanboys Colt, and Dealer actually bought the PS5 so I'd take what they'd say about that console vs someone who doesn't have an Xbox at all and is trying to criticize that system.
Colt... Dealer... take what they say about PS5... 😂😂😂😂

C’mon we are not that clown here in GAF.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It received a next gen update.
It received a next-gen BC patch... whatever that means.

PS5 has 3 BCs modes:

- PS4 BC
- PS4 Pro BC
- PS5 BC

It received a patch to run in the third mode.
It is not a native next-gen patch... it is yet running PS4 Pro version of the game that is very limited to what you can do in terms of enhancements.

Last edited:

geordiemp

I don't think you would find many examples of a last gen title being enhanced better on PS5.

They are not enhanced, BC games have cap limits on them.

Why do you think Batman arkam runs at 900p on XSX, is it powa ? No its a software cap, same with all BC games with caps.

I can find load of games like just cause, Batman, any early gen game that is capped at 900p on XSX and capped at 1090p on ps4. Cant be arsed to list them all.

Some of the later Xb1X / Ps4 pro have some higher cap settings on Xb1X.

Last edited:

Elios83

This was known since launch.
This game and the latest Star Wars game as well got proper next gen upgrades on XSX while it's just PS4 Pro through BC on PS5.
It's a totally useless comparison relatively to showcasing the hardware capabilities of the two systems.
The next big multiplatform comparisons will be Hitman and Control and they won't be BC games.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
3 ways, it says PS4 after the games title, it can be installed on external hard drive, it doesn’t have fancy cards for things.

Yes, it tell you by selecting it
Now that I think about it, the whole Smart Delivery thing.

Its getting muddier as time goes on. BC enhanced vs next gen patches, versions. This thread is one reason why I wanted to wait to see how it all turns out. It makes me appreciate the half ass way Sony does it now.

You know for a fact whats a next gen version on PS5. I don't know how its differentiated on Series consoles.

Top Bottom