• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S

I'm speaking based on things tech experts of the gaming community have commented on. You're going based off of your own opinions.
I'm going off what people like you are saying on this very forum. My opinion is that there is a double standard and there has been nothing I've seen from you or anyone else to change that. At least those Xbox fanboys Colt, and Dealer actually bought the PS5 so I'd take what they'd say about that console vs someone who doesn't have an Xbox at all and is trying to criticize that system.

Md Ray

those Xbox fanboys Colt, and Dealer actually bought the PS5 so I'd take what they'd say about that console vs someone who doesn't have an Xbox at all and is trying to criticize that system.
Stop It No Way GIF by Naughty Dog

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Basically, ps5 is just running ps4 games with unlock frame rate. Series X truly is the king of BC games console.
Essentially XSX is running the Xbox One X profile, PS5 is running the PS4 Pro Profile... if the fame does not have a dynamic resolution and framerate neither is going to enhance it beyond that.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
SSD speed and its related I/O complex only governs the latency and throughout in moving blocks of data from the SSD to RAM. Getting to decide which blocks are streamed in, loading them and processing them, and making them ready to be displayed in the scene is the rest of the work needed to load a game and makes up what loading times are.

As long as the game itself is not coded for/able to process data at a rate faster than X having and X+1 faster SSD and I/O will not do much. So, no, Sony did not bet on something that requires zero developer effort to be maxed: it performs very well without much work, but you need to change the way you stream data abd how you structure your data to truly take advantage of either XSX SSD or PS5’s one.

For BC titles it is likely that the core of the engine is taking advantage of Xbox One X faster profile or is one of those cases where the extra 300 MHz of the title running in SMT disabled mode are able to be flexing their advantage for example.

Yea, it would have been misguided for people to say that all games would load 2x as fast on PS5 as on XSX, especially BC titles.

Last edited:
It can't be simply Backwards Compatibility because the Series S version would be running the One S version, bit it isn't it's 1440p.

Another win for the Tower Of Power, racking them up now.
UdlMiUf.jpg
Look at the fall from grace for you😅. You can't claim any win over actual native games so you need to create ur own wins through BC so server rack doesn't disappoint u more than it already has😅😅. All ubisoft native games have minimum 30% resolution advantage on ps5 vs xsx like assasin creed valhall and immortals fenyx rising .Once this is patched I will tag u so u can do this for me "😳😳" 🤣

Riky

$MSFT
Look at the fall from grace for you😅. You can't claim any win over actual native games so you need to create ur own wins through BC so server rack doesn't disappoint u more than it already has😅😅. All ubisoft native games have minimum 30% resolution advantage on ps5 vs xsx like assasin creed valhall and immortals fenyx rising .Once this is patched I will tag u so u can do this for me "😳😳" 🤣

Haha vrr excuse will be gone by December 27 lol . You won't be shilling vrr anymore lol

Still waiting😂😂😂😂

Riky

$MSFT

All Ubisoft games have 30% resolution advantage, you sure about that? Watch Dogs Legion?

Riky

$MSFT
Sure it's coming. I will tag you for that as well. I won't miss out 😳😳from you. Hope u r enjoying ur 1080p Ac valhalla 😅👌I m enjoying mine at 1440p 😌😅

You put a date on it😂 Valhalla doesn't just run at 1080p it's actually 1188p for a few seconds at most, you're making yourself look silly now. But your version also drops down to 51fps with tearing.......with no VRR despite you putting a date on it😂

Riky

$MSFT
He could be mistaken . Not sure.
As for Ps5 it says the game is ps4 and not native (ps5 tells u if a game is natively supported or its ps4 version by putting "| ps4" after name of the game )

Ubisoft said it will, it does. The Xbox version doesn't say optimised either but it runs at 1440p so it's been patched.

Ubisoft said it will, it does. The Xbox version doesn't say optimised either but it runs at 1440p so it's been patched.
Maybe for xbox . For ps5 it says its a ps4 game so no it's not patched and 1080p (same as ps4 pro)shows its not patched

Riky

$MSFT
Not according to Digital Foundry

Ps5 has constantly higher dynamic resolution for watch dog legion vs xsx . So yea ubisoft next gen native games all have ps5 advantages.

r585B0S.jpg

"Interestingly, dynamic resolution scaling is also a close match between PS5 and Series X, despite a wide gulf in terms of overall compute power and memory bandwidth between the two consoles. Ubisoft has a very fine grain DRS system here, seemingly capable of adjusting resolution on the fly quickly and with tiny adjustment steps. Minimum resolution is close to 1440p (confirmed again by the PC config files) and I noted that general gameplay shifts between 80 to 100 per cent of full 4K, with nigh-on identical shifts in resolution on both consoles in the same situations."

MadViking

Ofcourse it's not . Xsx is running x1x and ps5 is running ps4 pro . On ps5 it puts "ps4 " after the name of the game which means it doesn't have native version yet .
Exactly, so what is the point of this comparison then? We already know how next-gen consoles run BC games. Especially that this game will be enhanced within couple weeks.

Shmunter

Bc mode allows games to take limited advantage of the new consoles, like a boost mode. Some bc games even run 120fps on Xbox. Some games run 60fps on PS5 while locked to 30fps on pro.

As far as XsX, this video is incorrect proclaiming 1440p/60 on XsX. It’s 1080p...

Source Ubisoft : https://www.ubisoft.com/en-au/game/...consoles?isSso=true&refreshStatus=noLoginData

Exactly, so what is the point of this comparison then? We already know how next-gen consoles run BC games. Especially that this game will be enhanced within couple weeks.
When u can not win any vs comparison and you were promised it, you will try your best to take any win u can as you see in this thread with Riky Riky . He is now desperate for any win that server rack can give him 😅🤣

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I'm going off what people like you are saying on this very forum. My opinion is that there is a double standard and there has been nothing I've seen from you or anyone else to change that. At least those Xbox fanboys Colt, and Dealer actually bought the PS5 so I'd take what they'd say about that console vs someone who doesn't have an Xbox at all and is trying to criticize that system.
No, you're just misinformed and trying to debate against facts. You're even trying to defend Colt and Dealer. lol.

Riky

$MSFT

acm2000

Reading any comparison thread on this forum is so embarrassing, is everyone 8 years old?

Stop losing your shit over games like this, the Xbox does it's back compat in a much different manner which allows Devs to simply uncap frame rate and resolution and fiddle with settings with minimum effort for both series s and x, doesn't mean it's a proper next gen patch tho.

Sony handles things differently.

it's not worth screaming in your mum's basements for.

Last edited:
Not according to Digital Foundry

"Interestingly, dynamic resolution scaling is also a close match between PS5 and Series X, despite a wide gulf in terms of overall compute power and memory bandwidth between the two consoles. Ubisoft has a very fine grain DRS system here, seemingly capable of adjusting resolution on the fly quickly and with tiny adjustment steps. Minimum resolution is close to 1440p (confirmed again by the PC config files) and I noted that general gameplay shifts between 80 to 100 per cent of full 4K, with nigh-on identical shifts in resolution on both consoles in the same situations."
They mentions they r close . They didn't say its identical. We expect xsx to always be below ps5 in resolution.its a trend. So they really didn't need to say 😅🤣

FranXico

I never said the XSX didn't win this comparison but I'm wondering if it's just BC or a native next gen version.

Obviously the XSX does BC better. Everyone knows that.
It's BC. PS5 just runs BC games by spoofing a PS4 Pro and using those enhancements as available.

MadViking

I'm talking about Series S, it's 1440p so it's not BC as Series S would run One S version.
Ubisoft seems to be doing these soft patches on Xbox. For Honor is still just "9 gen aware" but it unlocks 60 fps on XSX. Maybe for Ghost Recon they decided to unlock One X profile for now, because it worked fine, but will add more enhancements later.

Riky

$MSFT
They mentions they r close . They didn't say its identical. We expect xsx to always be below ps5 in resolution.its a trend. So they really didn't need to say 😅🤣

You said 30% difference, DF say nigh on identical, who to believe?😅

You day PS5 VRR Dec 27th, who to believe.

Riky

$MSFT
Ubisoft seems to be doing these soft patches on Xbox. For Honor is still just "9 gen aware" but it unlocks 60 fps on XSX. Maybe for Ghost Recon they decided to unlock One X profile for now, because it worked fine, but will add more enhancements later.

Maybe they will. But it's not just BC as it's not the One S version.

Some First Party MS games work like this and are still listed as Durango. Halo MCC for example and that's had a big patch for next gen.

Last edited:
You said 30% difference, DF say nigh on identical, who to believe?😅

You day PS5 VRR Dec 27th, who to believe.
30% was low balling it for average for assain creed valhalla that is 1100p dynamic to 1800p vs 1440p to 2160p (which is more than 50%) and immortals feny rising which is more than 80% in Quality mode (dynamic 1800p vs locked 2160p)
Watch dog just has higher average resolution on ps5. I wish u would buy ps5 if this was so important to u 🤣🤣😌🍻

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
30% was low balling it for average for assain creed valhalla that is 1100p dynamic to 1800p vs 1440p to 2160p (which is more than 50%) and immortals feny rising which is more than 80% in Quality mode (dynamic 1800p vs locked 2160p)
Watch dog just has higher average resolution on ps5. I wish u would buy ps5 if this was so important to u 🤣🤣😌🍻

You do realise these figures are not through the run of a game? It's like seconds 😅 I'll take Digital Foundry stats over your made up one's, you were caught lying about VRR date and you've just been found out again saying Watch Dogs has a 30% resolution advantage on PS5.

sinisterpanda

Neo Member
If XSX had run 1080p, everyone would be saying "Lbox" , "PS5 wins again." but when XSX win some comparison PS5 fanboys start attacking and saying that is not true. I'm saying that as a PlayStation player, PlayStation fanbase is the worst.

Riky

$MSFT
Show me where I said watch dog legion has 30% advantage??? I said watch dog has higher average resolution and it does.

"All ubisoft native games have minimum 30% resolution advantage on ps5 vs xsx"

"that general gameplay shifts between 80 to 100 per cent of full 4K, with nigh-on identical shifts in resolution on both consoles in the same situations"

Easy.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I'm talking about Series S, it's 1440p so it's not BC as Series S would run One S version.
You have to be doing this on purpose now.

Any game on PS5 that's still running in BC mode will have PS4 by the name.

Doesn't matter what's going on with the Series consoles.

"All ubisoft native games have minimum 30% resolution advantage on ps5 vs xsx"

"that general gameplay shifts between 80 to 100 per cent of full 4K, with nigh-on identical shifts in resolution on both consoles in the same situations"

Easy

I gave examples but u r right , its not 30%.

Ps5 runs assassin's Creed valhalla better by 68% when things get hectic compared to xsx
(1150p vs 1440p)
Ps5 runs immortals fenyx rising by 53% better when things get hectic compared to xsx(1800p vs 2160p)

Ps5 runs watch dog legion with slightly higher average dynamic resolution compared to xsx .

My main point was correct though all native ps5 and xsx ubisoft game have ps5 advantages. But I know its tough for you .so I understand 😔😅

Last edited:
It can't be simply Backwards Compatibility because the Series S version would be running the One S version, bit it isn't it's 1440p.

Another win for the Tower Of Power, racking them up now.
UdlMiUf.jpg
It's like Cyberpunk (next-gen enhancements) Rocket league (120hz mode even on XSS) and others games. XB1 games on XSX can have next gen enhancements, PS4 games on PS5 cannot.

Topher

Gold Member

You can't buy objectivity. Buying a system doesn't change the facts of how it performs.

As far as the double standard, loading times simply isn't as compelling as a point of comparison. Visual quality and performance has always been the focus when comparing consoles. Yes, the new SSDs add another feature to compare, but I really do not think the number of seconds it takes to start a games is a crucial metric. It seems you are trying to say the differences there, where PS5 isn't performing as well as it should on paper, should be elevated and given equal billing as resolution/visual quality/frame rate. No, I don't think loading times is of equal priority.

Now if some here have made claims saying otherwise and are now changing their focus to be entirely about visuals then yeah, those people are probably guilty of a double standard. I mean.....if you want to investigate each member here and highlight their hypocrisy then I guess you could. Seems a bit pointless, but that's the cross you have to bear if you want to start pointing out double standards.

Riky

$MSFT
It's like Cyberpunk (next-gen enhancements) Rocket league (120hz mode even on XSS) and others games. XB1 games on XSX can have next gen enhancements, PS4 games on PS5 cannot.

Cyberpunk runs at 60fps on PS5 but has a 30fps cap on PS4, so that's not true.

Removing a frame cap doesn't mean its next gen version . Are you being obtuse on purpose ? So you think ps5 gpu is as strong as ps4 pro gpu since the resolution and graphical setting is identical between ps5 and ps4 pro?

I know u r looking for a win but still 😅

I gave examples but u r right , its not 30%.

Ps5 runs assassin's Creed valhalla better by 68% when things get hectic compared to xsx
(1150p vs 1440p)
Ps5 runs immortals fenyx rising by 98% better when things get hectic compared to xsx(1800p vs 2160p)

Ps5 runs watch dog legion with slightly higher average dynamic resolution compared to xsx .

My main point was correct though all native ps5 and xsx ubisoft game have ps5 advantages. But I know its tough for you .so I understand 😔😅

Dat kids seriously...
It could be more interesting for you to stop console war and go revise math at school. ..

That's some kind of exception indeed. Devs can add a PS5 flag in PS4 games to do simple things like uncap the framerate. But apparently they can't do more advanced things next gen enhancements (like different textures or new animations) as they need a native PS5 version for that.

Dat kids seriously...
It could be more interesting for you to stop console war and go revise math at school. ..
Lets do the math together
ACV:

XSX 1920×1150=2,208,000 pixels
Ps5 2560×1440=3,686,400 pixels

3,686,400/2,208,000 is 67% more

Should I do it also for fenyx ?

I know u just divided 1440p/1150p and said oh that's not 68 😑. For resolution u divide number of pixels .

Leyasu

Banned
This game is running the laziest perf patch to date. No win or loss for anyone.

Just like everything else that has been released so far. But fanboys will pick and choose what they need, in order to satisfy their pathetic existence.

ACV:

I know u just divided 1440p/1150p and said oh that's not 68 😑. For resolution u divide number of pixels .
U missed dirt 5 ps5 quality mode has a higher resolution then xsx

ACV:

I'm waiting for it also for Fenyx :) And I'm disappointed that you did'nt do that for it :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom