• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima (PS5) Download Size: 63.832 GB (Without Day One Patch)

Why should I buy this game? Never followed any of the coverage/reviews/playthroughs so I'd be going in blind. I know it got great reviews and I could just go watch a video about it but I'd rather hear from the NeoGAF Chads.

elliot5

Why should I buy this game? Never followed any of the coverage/reviews/playthroughs so I'd be going in blind. I know it got great reviews and I could just go watch a video about it but I'd rather hear from the NeoGAF Chads.
it's a cool feudal japan setting with minimal UI and immersive gameplay/guidance elements rather than breadcrumbs on a map like most open world games. Combat is tight and enjoyable. Story ends very well, so if you can deal with chugging along through the open world progression and diversions to enjoy the story then it ends on a high note and pays off well.

It's a really well-rounded open world game. One of the most beautiful ones, even on PS4, I imagine PS5 will only be better. Engaging story, rewarding exploration and fun combat. It's a plus if you dig samurai settings.

To me it really doesn't hurt to check out some youtuber reviews, such as ACG, skillup and gameranx's before you buy. They come from more a gamer perspective than the media reviewer.

kyliethicc

Its a fun & stylish open world action game. Very cinematic on purpose. Story is basically samurai ninja Batman. Combat is very fun. Beautiful art style and cool music.

And it has PvE co-op multiplayer as well.

Last edited:

Barakov

yFwl6dX.jpg

Sony is really dragging their feet on that expandable storage aren't they?

SinDelta

Its Assassins Creed but perfected. Pretty good story, amazing combat, gear progression, good to insane side quests and a absolutely amazing world. Also one of the best games I've ever played, and one of the most beautiful, alongside Wind Waker, Okami, Breath of the Wild, Assassins Creed Origins, Gravity Rush 2, Xenoblade X and Dragon's Crown.

Last edited:

Kupfer

PS4 version is around 40 GB. Pretty beefy for the additional contents. Wondering if there are the high res textures for PS5.
Beefy?
I theres a whole new island, characters, dialogue, cutscenes, assets, probably upgraded textures - all on top of the base game. I actually thought it will be bigger.

Where are people getting this nonsense from?

Not particularly enlightening, then. Based on our experiments thus far, we think that this is related to backwards compatibility, although other system settings do appear to affect it as well.

You never notice that when you delete PS4 games, the "other storage" also decrease ?

rolandss

Chad here. My personal game of the year for 2020 and one of my favourite PS4 games. Don’t let naysayers who say it’s just another open world game fool you. It’s a very well executed one. Good story, great side quests, excellent combat and lots of rewarding exploration, and beautiful and well made to match. Not rockstar level open world but still deserves high praise.

Also, and this part is my real bag with this game, most “realistic” samurai game I can think of since Kengo and Way or of the Samurai on PS2. Hard to find “grounded” games set in feudal Japan, surprisingly few of them. It’s still obviously a bit of a fantasy due to some of the art style (and the fact the island manages to have all 4 Japanese seasons at once), but it’s got tonnes of cool, semi-historically accurate content (just some of the stuff like armour, swords and other little details are not era accurate), but a setting that needed this type of game.

Toots

Gold Member

You can be like him

at 1:03
Such a Chad anime move, he slices so fast it takes the wind one full second after he finished moving to kick in.
The closest i've ever seen to a true Hiten Misturugi-Ryu master

Edit : I dub him Fattōsai

Last edited:

MrA

PS4 version is around 40 GB. Pretty beefy for the additional contents. Wondering if there are the high res textures for PS5.

I'I'd imagine given texture compression and Duplicated assets help temper file size
yFwl6dX.jpg

Sony is really dragging their feet on that expandable storage aren't they?
Given storage tech is the big selling point, sony put themselves in a but of a spot here, allowing users to add memory as long as it meets or exceeds their specs is great for capable users, but the average customer is going to do a glorious job of findingredients ways to mess up expanding. The second the expansion goes live I expect sony will get a lot of calls asking why the 2 dollar drive they bought on amazon doesn't work
Personally the storage is one of the 3 main reasons I'm holding off on ps5/xsx , hopefully well see 2 tb models in a year or 2

Makes me optimistic the new expansion is quite meaty. Also, it's possible that they'll compress downwards significantly before release via a patch; I imagine that file size optimisation happens mostly near the end (or never, if you're a Call of Duty dev)

GymWolf

If you like ac formula with better combat and slightly better story and you also love samurai movie shit, the game is for you.
Also great art design for the locations, some of the best from past gen (but then again, egypt in ac origins was almost as good looking in term of art design)

Just don't expect something completely different from ac formula or good stealth even if the game is called ghost of tsushima.

Last edited:

noise36

Its a Ubisoft open world game with Sony first party development skills and polish.

If you like those assassin creed games this will be right up your alley.

Last edited:

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
Its a Ubisoft open world game with Sony first party development skills and polish.

If you like those assassin creed games this will be right up your alley.
It's way less bloat that Ass creed though. I think I beat it in like 40 hours. That's a huge plus for me. There is still side stuff I could do though.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Platinumed this bitch so probably won't be jumping back in even with the new map. Props to the people who get to play this for the first time on PS5 though, it's an epic game for sure.

The "other storage" is used for general purpose caching, temporary files, etc. I also noticed it fluctuates over time.
It does, but the it always proportionally changes with installation / uninstallation of PS4 games while installing PS5 games has no impact on it at all. That's where people make the BC correlation.

assurdum

Banned
I really really really hope story cutscenes will be finally skippable because it's annoying replay it with all these chats.

Last edited:
Top Bottom