• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Out July 17: Collector’s & Digital Deluxe Editions Detailed

Terenty

Remember when you trolls said the same thing about spiderman, bloodborne, god of war, uncharted 4 and horizon zero dawn?
tenor.gif

And? I must have missed those revelations in any of the games you mentioned

Batiman

Banned
I have been considering Sekiro, but Blasphemous has been kicking my ass over and over and I'm starting to consider removing it from my wishlist. Although it's not the melee combat that is messing me in Blasphemous, it's the shmup like dodging of boss projectiles. I love/hate hard games :(
I was pretty late to Sekiro and I had no hype for it
It's not gonna top sekiro gameplay i think.
They look similar but these games have different audience.
Everyone keeps saying that but no one seems to know what to compare it to. From the trailer I’m getting shadow of Mordor meets Sekiro

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
True. That’s maybe why we haven’t seen a lot of gameplay. I mean the last one was 2018 at e3 and it was scripted. But we will see when it comes out.
Still the hype is a little exaggerated since we didn’t see unscripted gameplay at all, which is worrisome
It boggles my mind that a vocal minority thinks that Sony games have bad gameplay

IMO the exclusives with the best gameplay this generation have been Bloodborne, Spider-man, God of War and Uncharted 4

GymWolf

I was pretty late to Sekiro and I had no hype for it

Everyone keeps saying that but no one seems to know what to compare it to. From the trailer I’m getting shadow of Mordor meets Sekiro
it's gonna be similar to last assassins creed games imo, just with an interesting story and good combat (we hope).

Last edited:
The issue you have is you seem to have this obsession with trying to force your own views on purchasing games on others

What? Are you clinically insane? I made a passing comment on how a game releasing twice in a short span of a time is an obsolete concept and you're got Resetera Triggered typing a couple of bibles in response, telling me over 50 paragraphs how mad I am. Take a cigarette break brother.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
What's funny is that it's inevitable for those people to brag about Hellblade 2 and the game from The Initiative, which will be the same as the qte movie games on Playstation.
The hypocrisy is definitely amusing from the people who got immensely excited for Hellblade 2

Terenty

Here we go again with you xbox folks telling us ps game are movie qte etc

Heres the reality

PS4 curently sitting at 108 M unit and Xbox One at 42 M

Have a nice day

So the only way Sony games can be considered great is relative to Xbox ones? Maybe, i dont know. The fact is they are not great, or revelatory or anything like that. Just a safe, bubble gum gaming for the most part this gen.

Death Stranding, Until Dawn, Bloodborne and Last Guardian are the exceptions

SleepDoctor

Banned
Good riddance the Collector's edition sold out before i ended up buy it lol.

It'll probably be back tho like others and sold cheaper.

Keihart

I really like sucker punch and all, but, how about some of that gameplay instead of "cinematic trailer" after "cinematic trailer".
The E3 gameplay was pretty tame, if there is nothing more to it then i'll be thoroughly disappointed. Second Son had the time excuse for being almost a ps4 launch tittle and being rushed, but this time i expect better from sucker punch.

EDMIX

a game releasing twice

Didn't release twice annnnnd you can't release something "twice" that clearly the original lacks the features of.

its why you don't want to even answer or address that.

How can you release it "twice" when the first one clearly won't have 4K 60fps with different models? Clearly they would not be the same things, thus you argument is deeply flawed bud. Its why you resorted to attacks vs addressing it. You want it to be personal as to not actually really answer that....

Stop worrying about how others spend their money, no one is forced to buy anything just cause it has extras and companies are free to release titles with extras later on if they feel just and actually get paid for the work they are providing on those extras.

So The Last Of Us on PS3 and The Last Of Us remastered on PS4 are not the same thing to argue something is releasing twice, that is to assume the VERY SAME GAME with 100% of the same features released twice....clearly thats isn't the truth as to why you won't address that.

Entroyp

Pre-ordered!

I’m very intrigued by the combat style this game might bring; grounded with a focus on precision and lethality.

I’m sure done with the arcadey feel of other samurai games... for now.

Last edited:
Established IP or not, every sequel can bring some changes, sometimes big ones ( like God of War ), sometimes small ones. Point still stands, you would buy it even if there is no showed gameplay but you bitching around Ghost Of Tsushima. I'm pretty sure you would buy a Halo 6 even if game is suddenly a hack and slash RPG. Would you still buy it if just story trailer is showed? Of course you will. Because it's a ESTABLISHED IP. Like i've said, some sequels can have really big changes. Regarding previews, some games have it multiple times, some games once, few months before launch. You didn't know that? Oh, now you know. So what if some game has preview a year before launch.

Yet you in bunch of posts showed bunch of videos from other games. LOL
You just proved that you have double standards

"Established IP or not, every sequel can bring some changes, sometimes big ones ( like God of War ), sometimes small ones. "
There not changing the genre we would of seen that earlier from the leaked imagines or even this trailer from e3 at best this game MAY be open world Halo 6 isnt a reboot like god of war.

"Point still stands, you would buy it even if there is no showed gameplay"
Already putting words in my mouth See both trailers above
"Point still stands, you would buy it even if there is no showed gameplay but you bitching around Ghost Of Tsushima. "
point doesn't stand your comparing a franchise thats not changing to a new ip dont know why you even used halo as an example there are more upcoming games you could of listed to save your argument Forza MP8,CP2077,Bayo3,Metroid prime 4, Shin megmi tensi 5 but what ever.

"I'm pretty sure you would buy a Halo 6 even if game is suddenly a hack and slash RPG. "
Funny you mention since halo going to a hack n slash rpg is so far left out happening LOL.

"Would you still buy it if just story trailer is showed? Of course you will. Because it's a ESTABLISHED IP. "
wow still putting words in my mouth LOL. Even in extreme cases like Doom 3 or the new Prey at its core its still what its been since its inception.

"Like i've said, some sequels can have really big changes "
The core does not change god of war 2018 is an extremely rare case.

"Regarding previews, some games have it multiple times, some games once, few months before launch. You didn't know that? "
Well if a game that has been in development since pre 2018 and is coming out in 3 months I expect some more videos out then the standard cinematic story trailer.

"You didn't know that? Oh, now you know. So what if some game has preview a year before launch. "
Another insult LOL If games that have been in pre alpha or even just beta have shown gameplay years out from launch a game launching in 3 months shouldn't have a problem showing some gameplay either.

"Yet you in bunch of posts showed bunch of videos from other games. LOL
You just proved that you have double standards "
Double standards of using other games im interested in or like that have been in worse shape that were able to show gameplay or even release demos when ghost cant? The only double standard is that after all the other games I have shown or mentioned in the last 3 months we have seen and got a good grasp on how the game will play me asking how ghost is going to play especially 3 months out from launch isn't asking much.

Based on the GOT trailer I think you'll be playing a mix of samurai and ninja roles.

The story seems to be revolving around how you were trained as a samurai (fight honorably etc.) but desperate times result in him needing to cast aside his samurai code to achieve results via stealth and all that ninja stuff.
MM ok I can see that I think someone posted the leaked info on another page of this thread saying the same thing.

I'm talking about individual games. Not companies.
I went into the forza thread and had people who weren't interested in forza or xbox bring up every other game under the sun so no. I dont care what people do if you want to go into every thread starting a console war I dont care but now that the shoe is on the other foot people are mad LOL.

Amazing how someone is able to spin this thread on their own, with talking about every other game that’s not this one.

It’s like a FUD patrol.
Mentions wanting to see more gameplay about ghost is not talking about the game LOL? Its funny how im the only one keeping this thread alive you could of easily ignored my comment.

Those are cut-scene crap. So, basically, you know nothing. GOT trailers have more gameplay tidbits than those for Halo Infinite

Nevertheless, rare or not, sequels can bring big changes

"Those are cut-scene crap. So, basically, you know nothing. "
No shit why do you think that was the 1st thing I mentioned LOL.

"GOT trailers have more gameplay tidbits than those for Halo Infinite "
Again Established franchise> New IP

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Mentions wanting to see more gameplay about ghost is not talking about the game LOL? Its funny how im the only one keeping this thread alive you could of easily ignored my comment.

Or you could stop concern trolling. We all see what you’re doing, champ.

Hard for me to ignore when I’m the one who created this thread, watching you constantly derail it around your own perceived self importance.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I haven't seen much gameplay from Elden Ring, Bayonetta 3 and Shin Megami Tensei V but I'm still very hype for those games because enjoyed the those developer's pervious works and same story with Ghost of Tsushima. Sure we haven’t seen proper full gameplay footage but I enjoyed Sucker Punch's pervious games so I'm excited.

Last edited:
"Those are cut-scene crap. So, basically, you know nothing. "
No shit why do you think that was the 1st thing I mentioned LOL.

"GOT trailers have more gameplay tidbits than those for Halo Infinite "
Again Established franchise> New IP

But nevertheless you would buy new Halo, knowing nothing about new sequel ( OMG i saw cut-scene,.INSTANT BUY ) what changes will bring, but you yelling about how GOT doesn't have any gameplay, yet in last 2 trailes there are some small gameplay tidbits. Again - double standards.

Last edited:
Didn't release twice annnnnd you can't release something "twice" that clearly the original lacks the features of.

its why you don't want to even answer or address that.

How can you release it "twice" when the first one clearly won't have 4K 60fps with different models? Clearly they would not be the same things, thus you argument is deeply flawed bud. Its why you resorted to attacks vs addressing it. You want it to be personal as to not actually really answer that....

Stop worrying about how others spend their money, no one is forced to buy anything just cause it has extras and companies are free to release titles with extras later on if they feel just and actually get paid for the work they are providing on those extras.

So The Last Of Us on PS3 and The Last Of Us remastered on PS4 are not the same thing to argue something is releasing twice, that is to assume the VERY SAME GAME with 100% of the same features released twice....clearly thats isn't the truth as to why you won't address that.

Friend you need to let go your obsession about me being worried about how others spend their money. You're missing the boat here. I do not care at all, if you want to buy 20 copies of the same game then by all means. I own Okami for every system possible. When the game is good, I will not judge anyone who wants to pay whatever amount for it. My comment was simply that we live in a era that might make it easier for the consumer to play cross gen titles anyway they see fit. I don't think TLOU remastered was worth the full price, in today's market it could have been a patch. It should be a patch at least in a similar scenario. You might think otherwise, it's fine. You seem to think I won't address your point because you got me cornered. I don't address it because we simply view this differently and there's no way we can reach a middle ground.

Last edited:

LMJ

Lionel Richie Lionel Richie , how would that have been accomplished (LOU Remaster) the PS4 isn't backward compatible...

The PS3 can't do an an up-res patch, next gen we'll likely start seeing said patches due to PS4 BC in the PS5, but it wasn't really an option this gen...

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
I went into the forza thread and had people who weren't interested in forza or xbox bring up every other game under the sun so no. I dont care what people do if you want to go into every thread starting a console war I dont care but now that the shoe is on the other foot people are mad LOL.
Nobody cares if anyone comments on a game in whatever way, but you are something else.

LMJ

Lionel Richie Lionel Richie , okay I'm missing something here...

Let me see if I can understand what you're trying to say...

So you either think that LOU should have been cross-buy ( but at that point there was no PS4, so cross buy wasnt an option...)

Or you agree that future releases won't require a "remaster", but rather a patch (but again the LOU needed a remaster for PS4 as it's not BC)

Can you elaborate?

Lionel Richie Lionel Richie , okay I'm missing something here...

Let me see if I can understand what you're trying to say...

So you either think that LOU should have been cross-buy ( but at that point there was no PS4, so cross buy wasnt an option...)

Or you agree that future releases won't require a "remaster", but rather a patch (but again the LOU needed a remaster for PS4 as it's not BC)

Can you elaborate?

It's the second option. I think that TLOU would have been cross-buy with the PS5 being backwards compatible, or at least it should be if it released today. I understand your confusion now, I misspoke in my post. I meant to say that it should BE a patch right now, not that it should have been a patch back then. With current technology and with the direction already hinted by Cyberpunk, TLOU 2 for instance should not get a full priced remaster, but rather a patch for PS5 players.

Edit: and I emphasize "should" over and over because while that's the logical direction to go, I wouldn't put it beyond the gaming industry to lock that patch behind a paywall. Even if it isn't a full priced released, they could do what Nintendo did with the Wii U VC for existing Wii VC owners.

Last edited:

demigod

Goodluck trolling in OT when the time comes. Mods will thread ban you.

Psykodad

Banned
It's the second option. I think that TLOU would have been cross-buy with the PS5 being backwards compatible, or at least it should be if it released today. I understand your confusion now, I misspoke in my post. I meant to say that it should BE a patch right now, not that it should have been a patch back then. With current technology and with the direction already hinted by Cyberpunk, TLOU 2 for instance should not get a full priced remaster, but rather a patch for PS5 players.

Edit: and I emphasize "should" over and over because while that's the logical direction to go, I wouldn't put it beyond the gaming industry to lock that patch behind a paywall. Even if it isn't a full priced released, they could do what Nintendo did with the Wii U VC for existing Wii VC owners.
Agreed.
And if Sony does opt for a PS5 Remaster instead of a free patch, THEN we can start talking about cash-grabs. Because as you say, an update would be the most logical option.

EDMIX

When the game is good, I will not judge anyone

You shouldn't be judging anyone period bud, kinda the point.

if you want to buy 20 copies of the same game then by all means.

Yea, you still not addressing that most remasters are not the "same game". Its why you keep ignoring that to argue. All it shows is you actually know its not the way you are trying to make it seem bud. You wouldn't need to avoid such a fucking question so many times if it was sooooo clear it was the "same game". Never even stated I wanted a PS5 version of this game if you actually read post before replying...

I don't address it because we simply view this differently

Nope, you can't actually support this the "same game" theory bud, even you own damn post states this "in today's market it could have been a patch" A patch for what? Its the same game right? Soooo what are you talking about "patch"? For what exactly? Like.....extra features not featured in the original title?

Yet....if its the "same game" doesn't that clearly mean you are asking for DIFFERENT FEATURES TO BE PATCHED IN? So much for the whole "same game".

there's no way we can reach a middle ground.

Well I'm not going to argue that the PS3 version of The Last Of Us is the same as the PS4 version. That is FACTUALLY INCORRECT, objectively...they are not "the same game". What middle ground am I to reach to argue otherwise? Pretend the PS3 was playing it in 1080p 60fps and 4K native with photo mode? Its likely why you are not actually giving anything to arguing that is the same, its a silly argument that seeks to ignore facts.

If you want extra features for free, to be patched, for the developer to work for free to give you extras at zero cost, at the very least bud admit those extras added make it NOT THE SAME GAME. You can't have it both ways.

Patch the game please, oh btw, its the game that is the same, but add the patch for the same game to keep it the same? /s Does that make sense to you? So CDPR is not giving you the same game that is coming to PS4, clearly they are spending effort to patch the game. If you want to give them that respect, at the very least admit factually the game on PS5 is not the game on PS4 to argue "the same". As it questions, what is being patched if they are the same? Both PS5 and Series X are BC, sooooo you are clearly able to already play the same game. So what are we thanking CDPR for?

They are giving us BC or? Ohhhh we are thanking them for adding those extras for free? Oh the patch that makes it DIFFERENT then the original? Do you not see how strange it is to then argue its the same game JUST to argue?

Keep in mind, I don't disagree with this "I wouldn't put it beyond the gaming industry to lock that patch behind a paywall. Even if it isn't a full priced released" That is what you'll likely see for many releases.

Again, PS3 got PS1 ports even though PS1 is native to PS3. BC doesn't mean a company won't charge for some upgrade or different edition, nor should it ever mean such a thing. If CDPR wants to add that for free, thats great as I had zero plans of getting a PS5 version of that game, but at the very least respect the work even being done to add that extra content, features etc as that isn't free for them to then argue its the "same".

That argument even disrespects ironically the efforts of the team to update it to use next gen features. They don't need to work for free as I see the point you are making here "I emphasize "should" over and over because while that's the logical direction to go" So they should be able to, doesn't mean all developers are looking to suddenly work for free.

Some will give those upgrades for free like we saw from Bethesda and Bioshock collection or Cyberpunk 2077, others will be less likely to do such a thing. Even MS pushing BC this gen still released remasters this gen. So you'll 100% see them next gen regardless of BC, no different then we saw ports of PS1 games on PS3.

Hostile_18

Banned
From a marketing perspective its alot easier to convey an exciting trailer and what the game essential is via a cutscenes than a gameplay trailer.

These are mass market things and peoples time is valuable. A 2 minute story trailer is going to get infinitely more views and impressions than a 10-20 minute gameplay trailer.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
From a marketing perspective its alot easier to convey an exciting trailer and what the game essential is via a cutscenes than a gameplay trailer.

These are mass market things and peoples time is valuable. A 2 minute story trailer is going to get infinitely more views and impressions than a 10-20 minute gameplay trailer.

Not to mention it is still many months away. They will have grameplay trailers when the time permits. They have TLoU2 to focus on soon for that first.

I trust in Sucker Punch when it comes to precise controls and gameplay.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Just like film with either country depending on dubbing chosen.
You never experienced the pirated vhs era where one dude talked over the original in realtime dubbing men women and children all while sometimes caughing his heart out and stuttering all over the place

Digity

Apparently here in Canada, Eb Games doesn’t have the special edition available for in store pickup. Any others in Canada that can confirm this? I’m gonna stop by my local spot after work and see what’s up.

Went in store, their website just sucks. I was able to pre order it fine and I'll be able to pick it up in store.

Last edited:
Nope, you can't actually support this the "same game" theory bud, even you own damn post states this "in today's market it could have been a patch" A patch for what? Its the same game right? Soooo what are you talking about "patch"? For what exactly? Like.....extra features not featured in the original title?

Yet....if its the "same game" doesn't that clearly mean you are asking for DIFFERENT FEATURES TO BE PATCHED IN? So much for the whole "same game".

EDMIX, this conversation is over brother. You can pat yourself in the back and say you got me there. But just before I go, I feel like I need to address this part just so we're clear. I meant a performance patch, not extra features. It's pretty clear what I'm talking about and even stated over and over what I'm talking about. I'm talking about what CDPR promised for Cyberpunk. You may not have missed my point if you weren't so preoccupied with cherry picking my posts to scream at my face about how mad I am.

Top Bottom