• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
A9Wbvet.jpg
Unexpected JoJo

M.W.

Downloading at .30.....

Yeah, pausing and resuming doesn't work neither does closing out the launcher and restarting. Guess it's a pass.

I'll pm you, since I'm not sure if it's against the rules or not to post linked. But a guy uploaded the files on Google drive, megashare, etc. That way everyone who has issues downloading, could get the files fast and play the game, since official servers are bogged down to death. 3 of my buddies uses it, scanned for viruses, and files were verified from the official servers, and they have played with no issues.

Nimrod is actually a mighty hunter according to the Bible. Bugs Bunny ironically called Elmer Fudd by the name Nimrod. Funny how the latter is how people know the name, or at least I did for the vast majority of my life.
Exactly. I heard of him from the Bible, yet the name has changed meanings over the years.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is that your game? How did you get that much characters? Using reroll on PC or something?
Those are Ps4 Pro screenshots. That's why I asked if it was running on 4k. I was able to roll that much because you get free rolls via mail and by playing the game.

Saber

Gold Member
Those are Ps4 Pro screenshots. That's why I asked if it was running on 4k. I was able to roll that much because you get free rolls via mail and by playing the game.

My apologies, I didn't read that part about PS4.

Didn't know you got rerolls via e-mail. The only thing I get is wish points and pyrogems.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
My apologies, I didn't read that part about PS4.

Didn't know you got rerolls via e-mail. The only thing I get is wish points and pyrogems.
Don't worry about it.

Not via email. The game has a mail icon where you get notifications.

Saber

Gold Member
Don't worry about it.

Not via email. The game has a mail icon where you get notifications.

Oh, I know that. Thats where I get the wish points from.
It's just that I never got a mail for rerolls. Unless you're talking about spending wish points in those sets that aren't garanted to get characters.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I know that. Thats where I get the wish points from.
It's just that I never got a mail for rerolls. Unless you're talking about spending wish points in those sets that aren't garanted to get characters.
You should have gotten 10 whatstherenames spheres for wishes yes. I believe yesterday you got 10 as well via mail. The only guaranteed free character is the chinese girl at level 20 (via event) and Barbara. (Barbara is only available before the 1.1 patch for free anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah you pretty much get 20 of the spheres and I think 10 of the red/purple ones. Should cover both instances of the Beginner banner, after that you should just save up your spheres for a banner you want to spend them on primarily characters. You'll need multiple copies of the characters you like using to unlock all their passives and skills. Mostly passives I think.

Save your dust for the monthly spheres everything else given the time can be earned/obtained ingame.

I'd do my research on who you really want and then wait for a banner where they are the focus unit/character. And until that point stock up on your spheres/gems/whatever.

Accidentally how? Did you wish on the wrong banner or something?
I simply tapped on the wish button accidentally while swiping through the Wish menu. My warning was just to inform you guys that there isn't a confirmation prompt for summons like in other gacha games. The only time it asks you to confirm a summon is if you're converting currency, but if you have the required Fates then watch those buttons lol

M.W.

Finally got to playing this tonight. Pretty solid so far. Have no idea what I'm doing but feels well made.

For anyone who saw the advice of "don't quit the game without sending your characters on an expedition," I can now tell you that feature unlocked for me at adventure rank 14. Very useful for gathering the materials to forge four star weapons.

I also saw this recently, and I think it's a very nice guide to team building. Towards the end, they also go into an explanation of teams you can build using just characters everyone can get.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Very useful for gathering the materials to forge four star weapons.
For the first ascension I'd recommend dailies (dungeons) over that. Since in the beginning what you get on expeditions is rubbish.

Pejo

Well I beat the first chapter tonight and whooped the dragon's ass, hit rank 20, got my free Barbara (or in this case +1 constellation). Ascended and leveled my characters and weapons, and got immediately shat on in the Abyss challenges. I wanted to try to beat 3-3 to get the free fire spear girl, but I can't clear 1-2 fast enough to get the 6 stars necessary to proceed. It's a fire-favored level, and the only fire character I have is shitty ol' Amber. How ironic that they put the non-bow free fire character behind the stage that you need a fire character to clear. I'll come back at it tomorrow with a different team or something, I'm sure I can get it.

I took on a level 34 golem thing as level 21-22 characters, that was the most fun I had so far. If anything I feel the game is just a bit too easy. The only deaths I have so far are all related to falling with no stamina. Then again, I have the best 2 healers in the game, so maybe that's skewing my perception.

I tried a few rounds of co-op in the trial dungeon, it's over way too fast and it's really confusing to even join. The prompt if you're not the host only lasts for like 3 seconds, so you have to mash on the L3 stick or you're fucked, as far as I can tell. It was kinda fun just running around and killing shit with other people in the world though.

This is the most fun I've had with a game in like a year, it's just so good. If only it was a 60 dollar game with all the characters unlockable instead of a gacha, it'd be perfect, IMO.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
That fight was so fucking shit. The first part won't let you move your character up or down so you have wait until a boost circle spawns literally in your face. It felt like moving thru molasses and not air. Second part gave me Fable vibes which was way better.

8b80d960850e02d3728a3650bc4e6a0e_6461564791756562288.png
WHY CAN'T I USE HER AHHHHH

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first ascension I'd recommend dailies (dungeons) over that. Since in the beginning what you get on expeditions is rubbish.

I probably could have been a bit more clear, but I didn't mean it should be the only way you're earning blacksmith material. It's just always really useful when you can gain materials when you're not even playing.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Well I beat the first chapter tonight and whooped the dragon's ass, hit rank 20, got my free Barbara (or in this case +1 constellation). Ascended and leveled my characters and weapons, and got immediately shat on in the Abyss challenges. I wanted to try to beat 3-3 to get the free fire spear girl, but I can't clear 1-2 fast enough to get the 6 stars necessary to proceed. It's a fire-favored level, and the only fire character I have is shitty ol' Amber. How ironic that they put the non-bow free fire character behind the stage that you need a fire character to clear. I'll come back at it tomorrow with a different team or something, I'm sure I can get it.

I took on a level 34 golem thing as level 21-22 characters, that was the most fun I had so far. If anything I feel the game is just a bit too easy. The only deaths I have so far are all related to falling with no stamina. Then again, I have the best 2 healers in the game, so maybe that's skewing my perception.

I tried a few rounds of co-op in the trial dungeon, it's over way too fast and it's really confusing to even join. The prompt if you're not the host only lasts for like 3 seconds, so you have to mash on the L3 stick or you're fucked, as far as I can tell. It was kinda fun just running around and killing shit with other people in the world though.

This is the most fun I've had with a game in like a year, it's just so good. If only it was a 60 dollar game with all the characters unlockable instead of a gacha, it'd be perfect, IMO.

On the beta I beat this challenge with all character at level 40, spamming abilities and damage explosions(followed by dungeon buffs) with Kaeya.
Simply put, increase your elemental afinity to beat the last bosses of 3 challenge. It was difficult, but possible.
Also, throwing enemies on the abyss is an excelent strategy for beating in the time limit.

Saber

Gold Member
Its getting hectic. I dont like the idea that I can't do shit unless I am a certain AR

This is a sentiment I posted when I was testing the beta.
Not only that, but the same will happen when you reach character level 40. You gonna feel stagnated, because their trasncend itens are very tricky to get. They appear on specific dungeons and the rewards varies from day to day.

Mista

Banned
Not only that, but the same will happen when you reach character level 40. You gonna feel stagnated, because their trasncend itens are very tricky to get. They appear on specific dungeons and the rewards varies from day to day.
Looks like this is it for me irmao

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Got a few characters constellations unlocked today. That's it.
Looks like this is it for me irmao
Daily missions are a thing. Also exploring the world, activating shrines, teleport points and opening 5 billion treasure chests. You could also just hunt for the weird things you give to the statues. Those things are fucking everywhere.

I can't wait to unlock not Africa.

Thankfully these items are usually obtainable 3 days out of the week and you can grind em easily.

Mista

Banned
Daily missions are a thing. Also exploring the world, activating shrines, teleport points and opening 5 billion treasure chests. You could also just hunt for the weird things you give to the statues. Those things are fucking everywhere.

I can't wait to unlock not Africa.
Like Slow mentioned, daily missions(commisions) gives you very good Adventure exps.
I do all of that all the time. Gets boring if I am being honest here

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You've been playing it straight for 3 days now so that makes sense. I'll prob play it less and less everyday myself but that is just the nature of the beast.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

I'd explore everything and mainly do your dailies then play something else until you can progress. Primarily through dungeons and dailies.

Otherwise you'll burn out rather quickly.

Adventure rank is very MMOlike where you get the early levels very quickly and it gets progressively slower and slower.

Serianox

I'm having a great time just roaming around the map getting treasures and doing the smaller puzzles. Combat is kinda fun and for the moment doesn't feel boggled down by the usual gatcha nonsense of taking a fun system and making it a grinding nightmare or having to wait for timed events to make any progress. Only issue is that i've had the absolute worse luck when it comes to the gatcha rolls. Literally every roll was 9 low tier weapons + a 4 star character or weapon. Thankfully even the 4 star characters are pretty fun to use which a lot of times isn't the case in these kind of games.

Last edited:
I'm having a great time just roaming around the map getting treasures and doing the smaller puzzles. Combat is kinda fun and for the moment doesn't feel boggled down by the usual gatcha nonsense of taking a fun system and making it a grinding nightmare or having to wait for timed events to make any progress. Only issue is that i've had the absolute worse luck when it comes to the gatcha rolls. Literally every roll was 9 low tier weapons + a 4 star character or weapon. Thankfully even the 4 star characters are pretty fun to use which a lot of times isn't the case in these kind of games.

Most tier lists have several four star characters either at the top or near it. If it wasn't for the role these characters have in the story, and the number of stars next to their name, I doubt most people could tell the difference. And I wouldn't call not getting 5's "the worst luck," seeing as that's the best and most unlikely outcome. It's also great how rerolls actually benefit you. That was a smart design choice.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Didn't last too long. I made it to the city, ran around a bit and then deleted it after knowing where it was heading.

Game does indeed run like garbage on base PS4. Music wasn't too bad except being way too loud by default. The Paumo helper character has one of the most annoying voices. Default controls are also a mess. Circle to attack? Using the triggers to increase or decrease settings? You can't use the d-pad to scroll the menu. Animations were pretty good and flashy.

John Day

Tested moving the game to the internal hdd, and it plays miles better. No more stutters on cutscenes or combat. Still around AR 9 lol, going slow. But having fun.

Top Bottom