• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

I only wish you could do abyss and ascension in co-op.
Co-op Abyss would be a ton of fun, though it might make it too easy.

So last night I unlocked every teleport location across both areas. Had a ton of fun just wandering the world, stopping when i found something interesting. Some of the side quests, specifically in Liyeu, really require some thought to complete, at least if you're not Googling the answers. It's pretty obvious at this point that the MC will have at least 7 "lands" to explore throughout the length of the game, one for each god. I can't imagine how huge the map (and install size) is going to be when they're all released. Now it's time to work my way through a bunch of the side quests I started while exploring. I got to AR25 last night too, but I can't ascend anybody or weapons since I need materials that I don't have yet. I'll have to do a little digging into how to pick them up.

Then, Abyss 3-2, here I come (again).

Co-op Abyss would be a ton of fun, though it might make it too easy.

So last night I unlocked every teleport location across both areas. Had a ton of fun just wandering the world, stopping when i found something interesting. Some of the side quests, specifically in Liyeu, really require some thought to complete, at least if you're not Googling the answers. It's pretty obvious at this point that the MC will have at least 7 "lands" to explore throughout the length of the game, one for each god. I can't imagine how huge the map (and install size) is going to be when they're all released. Now it's time to work my way through a bunch of the side quests I started while exploring. I got to AR25 last night too, but I can't ascend anybody or weapons since I need materials that I don't have yet. I'll have to do a little digging into how to pick them up.

Then, Abyss 3-2, here I come (again).
I'm AR22 at the moment, and must have gotten lucky, as I now have 4-5 characters ascended. Not really any great characters compared to what I've seen on reddit and here. But I'm just sitting back lik

nV99saj.png

Wunray

Can anyone tell me what I can do with all these dupe weapons? Can I break them down into something?

N30RYU

PS4 pro here... I didn't need to reroll I just got happy once I got a character from each element.

This is an amazing f2p game... and with f2p i mean FREE 'cause you don't need to spend any money on it to play for many many hours.

Just got to the part were you have Diluc as a guest... and to be honest... I'm happier with Beidou.

Tbh I don't know if my characters are good or bad... I only care if they are fun to play with... I just have one of each class and element in my main team 1HSword-Archer-2HSword-Mage, and a second team with the other elements.

Team 1 - Traveler Amber Beidou Barbara
Team 2 - Venti Kaeya Noelle Fischl
Lisa and Xingqiu

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I just beat the Abyss floor 3 chamber 3 a few minutes ago. It was my first time outside the beta.
So yeah, my same strategies works pretty damn well. On chamber 2, use heavy attacks to launch enemies into the endless pit.

The chamber 3 I have a bit of trouple(same as beta). I beat those 2(Guardian and big Hitt with an axe, both at lvl 45) with less than 1 second reaming to the failure(lol, I almost though I had failed). The thing that I don't like about fighting those 2 at same time is their spinning attacks. Other than that, I just spam skills and 3-hit combos.

Now I have 2 new characters. The fire spear girl and the water music mage.

bargeparty

PS4 pro here... I didn't need to reroll I just got happy once I got a character from each element.

This is an amazing f2p game... and with f2p i mean FREE 'cause you don't need to spend any money on it to play for many many hours.

Just got to the part were you have Diluc as a guest... and to be honest... I'm happier with Beidou.

Tbh I don't know if my characters are good or bad... I only care if they are fun to play with... I just have one of each class and element in my main team 1HSword-Archer-2HSword-Mage, and a second team with the other elements.

Team 1 - Traveler Amber Beidou Barbara
Team 2 - Venti Kaeya Noelle Fischl
Lisa and Xingqiu

I "unlocked" Beidou on an alt acct and her combat seemed very fun.

Pejo

I'm AR22 at the moment, and must have gotten lucky, as I now have 4-5 characters ascended. Not really any great characters compared to what I've seen on reddit and here. But I'm just sitting back lik
Yea you can get lucky and get the right things from chests or encounters, but I meant the second ascension (at level 40 and AR25). The materials get harder to find and more rare. I had enough to do the Traveler, but the rest I need to farm for.

I'm trying to decide on a main party while I just dick around in the world. As much as I don't like Amber, it's tough to fill a party without her. Either I need the ranged fire abilities, fire abilities in general, or bow aiming accessible and I don't currently have any other options than her for any of that. I think it'll be different for abyss and challenging content, but for just cruising around the world, there really is no substitute for her currently. I'm also not really sold on the Traveler. He's middling in all that he does, but I've been keeping him in my main party as Earth attuned just for the little step stool boulder he can make while I am searching for things, so there's another wasted party spot. Lisa's my current highest DPS, and she's great. After that, I had been running with my 5* Qiqi, but It doesn't feel good to have 2 sword users in the same party, so I switched to Barbara who has excellent compatibility with Lisa. It's a shame that party switching is such a long process, I'd much rather just run with my favorites and swap out as needed for bow/specific elements. I hate waiting the 15-30 seconds every time I have to switch out and then 15-30 to switch back though, it really disrupts the flow of the exploration.

Yea you can get lucky and get the right things from chests or encounters, but I meant the second ascension (at level 40 and AR25). The materials get harder to find and more rare. I had enough to do the Traveler, but the rest I need to farm for.

I'm trying to decide on a main party while I just dick around in the world. As much as I don't like Amber, it's tough to fill a party without her. Either I need the ranged fire abilities, fire abilities in general, or bow aiming accessible and I don't currently have any other options than her for any of that. I think it'll be different for abyss and challenging content, but for just cruising around the world, there really is no substitute for her currently. I'm also not really sold on the Traveler. He's middling in all that he does, but I've been keeping him in my main party as Earth attuned just for the little step stool boulder he can make while I am searching for things, so there's another wasted party spot. Lisa's my current highest DPS, and she's great. After that, I had been running with my 5* Qiqi, but It doesn't feel good to have 2 sword users in the same party, so I switched to Barbara who has excellent compatibility with Lisa. It's a shame that party switching is such a long process, I'd much rather just run with my favorites and swap out as needed for bow/specific elements. I hate waiting the 15-30 seconds every time I have to switch out and then 15-30 to switch back though, it really disrupts the flow of the exploration.
Have you tried making different loadouts? I have one for my dungeons, bosses, raids, and then my second loadout is strictly for puzzles. I keep amber in the puzzle party, because let's just be honest, she's only good for lighting torches and... That's about it lol. But I do hate selecting characters by going back through the menu. It's tedious when you need to get ore, or have a enemy on top of something you can't climb to.

I've been using Fischl as point, for my ranged/electrical DPS team. Shes much better than Amber, but there are a few things she can't do with her bow compared to Amber :(.

I been really digging this game though

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I dont like duplicate system in this game .

In arknights characters get stronger each dupe but not this much stronger .

Seriously Diluc with max dupe (6) have like 30-40% more effective dps than no dupe .

In Arknights you don't really control your characters either. Also you don't have to worry about sanity points or the shitty base.

Not sure if I can post this in here, but since it's related....

EDzWBsO.jpg

OQYMtwI.png

tUWadjc.png

484XhV9.jpg

xh1VcKo.jpg

qjMdHfK.jpg

85wyK2o.jpg

RwZvkX0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, this makes it harder for me now.. 😅

This is quite commendable though. Promising if they are hearing fans to this degree.

Respect.
These aren't the games I tend to enjoy, so this kind of game would be the last I'd imagine seeing myself play. I love BOTW and watched a couple videos on the game a year or so ago, and figured why not give it a shot. Mind you, I don't care for RPG's, but holy shit is this game GOOD! As matter a fact I can't wait to finish eating and hop off GAF, to fire the game up!

Last edited:
Hard on the games I tend to enjoy, this kind of game would be the last I'd imagine seeing myself play. I love BOTW and watched a couple videos on the game a year or so ago, and figured why not give it a shot. Mind you, I don't care for RPG's, but holy shit is this game GOOD! As matter a fact I can't wait to finish eating and hop off GAF, to fire the game up!

They are paying you arent they...

😝

Mossybrew

When can you go to Liyue? I have a couple characters whose progress is blocked because I need ingredients from that area. I have a quest to go visit but it just shows a ? way in the distance with no instruction how to get there.

Last edited:
When can you go to Liyue? I have a couple characters whose progress is blocked because I need ingredients from that area. I have a quest to go visit but it just shows a ? way in the distance with no instruction how to get there.
Not sure about the exact time you are able to venture there, as I just went over there randomly and got the fast travel point.

If you are looking for ingredients, flowers, chests, etc, check this out!

Silvawuff

I'm enjoying this a bunch. Pulled Bennett and got Noelle too from the beginner banner. It's really not bad for F2P if you just treat the gatcha for what it is. I'm enjoying just running around exploring. It's a very pretty game!

LordOfChaos

Do you find the L1 selection wheel often doesn't respond? L1 - go to map - nothing happens, spam it five times to get the map up

I dont like duplicate system in this game .

In arknights characters get stronger each dupe but not this much stronger .

Seriously Diluc with max dupe (6) have like 30-40% more effective dps than no dupe .

Fischl on the other hand goes from strong to insane with her constellation upgrades. Chuuni power is overwhelming I guess.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Xiangling: Omg I'll meet you over here!
>Me maining Xiangling: TF you going? I'm right here

EDIT:
Beastie Boys is actually a great back track to this game lol

Last edited:

Larxia

Can anyone tell me what I can do with all these dupe weapons? Can I break them down into something?
If you have a duplicate of a weapon you like / use, don't use it as an upgrade material, it would be a waste, instead use the refine option. Refining (if that's the word used in english, I'm playing in french, but basically you can refine and upgrade weapons) weapons allows you to boost the passive stats of a weapon.
If you have for example a weapon with a passive stats "Deals 5% more damage to ennemies under cryo state", refining the weapon with a duplicate one will boost this passive to something like, 8%, and it can be done several times to increase the passive bonus over and over.
Upgrading just level up the weapon and improve its basic stats, it's important too of course, but keep duplicate for refines, if it's duplicate of a weapon you like the passive bonus.

Larxia

Do you find the L1 selection wheel often doesn't respond? L1 - go to map - nothing happens, spam it five times to get the map up
But sure to not let go L1 too early, you have to keep it pressed by you let go the stick, happened to me a lot of times.

Moochi

So, is there any point to doing co-op right now? I was hoping for some mmo-style instances with bosses or something, but all we did was run around hitting mining points...

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Noelle bad!

Not sure about the exact time you are able to venture there, as I just went over there randomly and got the fast travel point.

If you are looking for ingredients, flowers, chests, etc, check this out!

You could go there since the beginning. Even without clearing the dragon's wind. He should prob activate the statues in the area to clear the map. The areas that seem blocked as of now entirely are Africa (Egypt?) and Japan. Also the China area is fucking huge so if they are as big as them...fuck.
So, is there any point to doing co-op right now? I was hoping for some mmo-style instances with bosses or something, but all we did was run around hitting mining points...
Just to clear challenges. Raids in the near future maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dam. The music in this game.

Also, Amber is my main. S Tier once I figured her out holy shit.

Pretty much ever tier listing I've seen has her dead last, so you might want to rethink that. You can apparently build most characters to be pretty effective in the harder content, but I don't know if I'd be pouring XP resources into a character like that. She's pretty invaluable when it comes to exportation, though.

I don't think mining resources are shared, so currently people will hop game to game and take everyone else's minerals once they're out of their own. It sucks, and hopefully the developers will do something about it. For now, you should probably only let people into your game that you know, and be respectful of other people's resources when you're in someone else's world.

Pejo

Has anybody seen an eagle in this game? I'm trying to knock out an achievement to kill an eagle while it's flying, but I haven't even seen one yet. Is this one of those things where a Chinese eagle is drastically different than a US eagle, and I should be looking for a duck instead?

Got up to AR 26 tonight and did that limit break quest. World level is now 3, but it's not significantly harder (yet) that I've noticed. I've beaten one of each "type" of large boss now. The wolf was by far the most fun. I don't like how the cubes all have some lame gimmick at the end that you have to stop or they heal themselves. The plant was the most frantic and kept me on my toes the most.

Man those groups of large humanoids with the elemental armor are a real pain in the balls. Like the hammer/gun/healer trios. I was saying earlier that the game is a little too easy, but I can see how they're gradually ramping it up, and i'm very satisfied with it at this point.

I think my least favorite enemy to fight in the whole game is the stone shield large hillytroll or whatever the goblin-like things are called. I still haven't found a good way to break their shield quickly, so those fights just go on and on, and the game loves to make them charge at you like crazy while pairing them with 4-6 crossbow goblins just to annoy and freeze you. I feel like shield bloat is happening a lot as my world level goes up, hope it doesn't get ridiculous by mid/end game.

Also, finally re-settled on a world exploration party, separate from bosses and challenges. I'm rolling with Razor as my main for the reduced stamina while running trait and large sword to smash ore. Then Amber for her fire arrows and reduced stamina while gliding trait, Lisa for magic damage for mechs and things weak to magic damage, and Barbara as healer/buffer/making enemies wet (giggity). I really like the synergy and have been having a ton of fun. Sucks when I run into electric null enemies though. It also makes me feel bad that I rerolled for a 5* and got Qiqi, now I'm not even using her. Oh well, I'm sure there will be content that she can be utilized in. The only annoying thing left is having to swap in the MC for wind or Noelle for earth activation for stuff.

Popup

Really want to play this but there appears no way to disable the the ID number from remaining on screen to prevent it from burning in on my TV.

mcz117chief

If you have a duplicate of a weapon you like / use, don't use it as an upgrade material, it would be a waste, instead use the refine option. Refining (if that's the word used in english, I'm playing in french, but basically you can refine and upgrade weapons) weapons allows you to boost the passive stats of a weapon.
If you have for example a weapon with a passive stats "Deals 5% more damage to ennemies under cryo state", refining the weapon with a duplicate one will boost this passive to something like, 8%, and it can be done several times to increase the passive bonus over and over.
Upgrading just level up the weapon and improve its basic stats, it's important too of course, but keep duplicate for refines, if it's duplicate of a weapon you like the passive bonus.
I noticed that you can use dupes to improve weapons after I dismantled about 50 of them 🤦‍♂️

Really want to play this but there appears no way to disable the the ID number from remaining on screen to prevent it from burning in on my TV.
This is why I bought a Samsung QLED for a TV primarily used for gaming. I decided I didn’t want to spend every waking moment worrying if my gaming was going to burn someting permanently into my expensive TV. Sure, it doesn’t look quite as good as an OLED when watching movies but what’s the price of peace of mind to you? For me, it was worth everything.

I only wish you could do abyss and ascension in co-op.

Abyss is intentionally designed to be done solo. It’s the same as in Honkai, it’s a test of your ability to build team comps and synergies, it’s a test of your ability to play the game including switching units, comboing elemental attacks, and healing, and most importantly it’s a test of how big a whale you are. In Honkai you needed to be a Moby Dick class whale to make it to the higher tiers, I expect it will work the same way in this game at some point once more people are level capped and are farming out max leveled items and upgrades.

Last edited:
Abyss is intentionally designed to be done solo. It’s the same as in Honkai, it’s a test of your ability to build team comps and synergies, it’s a test of your ability to play the game including switching units, comboing elemental attacks, and healing, and most importantly it’s a test of how big a whale you are. In Honkai you needed to be a Moby Dick class whale to make it to the higher tiers, I expect it will work the same way in this game at some point once more people are level capped and are farming out max leveled items and upgrades.

If Abyss can keep the "you need to be a whale for this content" out of the rest of the game, especially the main story campaign and access to all areas of the overworld, then that's a perfectly reasonable compromise.

Top Bottom