• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
I just don't understand why reduce once again her numbers, which are already low. Are they afraid of her exploding enemies?
Only reason I can think of is that she'll get much stronger in the future with Fontaine new kits.

Pejo

Only reason I can think of is that she'll get much stronger in the future with Fontaine new kits.
The big problem I have with this is that other units will just be even more powerful if this is the case.

If the buff comes from taking damage - any pyro just won't use shields.
If the buff comes from HP scaling - double Hydro gives the HP buff, and will ensure every other Pyro vapes every hit. Dehya will still only vape 1 hit of her burst.
If the buff comes from fast application of pyro - Pyro normals will become better than charge attacks, and Yoimiya will be insane.

Like I can't think of a situation where Dehya's kit would be an advantage over other Pyro characters, even if a mythical Hydro character specifically is made to buff her.

dzH9TUX.jpg

deanote666

As someone with Eula C6R1, I would say the claymore is worth it, if you actually plan to use her. I was using a mix of wolf's gravestone and Skyward before I got it, and it blows them both out of the water, but you probably won't use it on anyone else.
Currently have 62% CR, 177% CD with 1990 atk so I'm reluctant to move things around and lose the CR on her weapon.

2pc bloodstained, 2pc pale flame.

Last edited:

Pejo

Currently have 62% CR, 177% CD with 1990 atk so I'm reluctant to move things around and lose the CR on her weapon.

2pc bloodstained, 2pc pale flame.
It's more about the atk speed buff to get more stacks of her damage boost on her burst + the phys damage boost.

Granted, this doesn't really matter so much until C6 where you get the effectively double damage boosts to her burst. It sounds like you are using your own build, so I'm not sure how it would play out, but the base atk of Spine is low compared to Broken Pines - 504 vs. 741.

I guess my summary is that before C6, use what you have, you likely won't see massive return on investment for it. After C6, Broken Pines is the biggest upgrade her kit can get.

Greetings, I was hoping to get some advice from you fine lads here:

I have around 100 fates and was thinking of wishing on the weapon banner hoping to get both Homa & Aqua. I still use my C1 Hu Tao almost everyday (love her), and Yelan is one of favourite characters in the game as well, although she's at C0 right now. They have Fav Warbow & Dragon's Bane each, respectively.
What would you recommend me to do? To pull on the weapon banner or pray to the seven archons and try to go for Yelan's C1?

I’m a low spender (Welkin only), which is why I’m interested on knowing what my best options are before the banners come out.

Fake

I don't personally recommend pull on weapon banner because 5* characters are far better than 4*, but I have C0 Yelan and I got Elegy for the End from character banner. Yelan works pretty fine with ER bows and make her elemental burst recharge very quick.

Yelan already work great with C0, but if you feel in need for more skill, maybe trying C1 is a valid option unlike Xiao C1. Yelan elemental skill can be just tap or you can use to realocate your position.

Between pull on weapon banner or Yelan banner I suggest Yelan banner. Will depends if you she really match up with your player style. Some folks don't like the way her burst works, maybe because Xinqgi reduce damage and heal at the same time doing numbers.

Last edited:

Pejo

Greetings, I was hoping to get some advice from you fine lads here:

I have around 100 fates and was thinking of wishing on the weapon banner hoping to get both Homa & Aqua. I still use my C1 Hu Tao almost everyday (love her), and Yelan is one of favourite characters in the game as well, although she's at C0 right now. They have Fav Warbow & Dragon's Bane each, respectively.
What would you recommend me to do? To pull on the weapon banner or pray to the seven archons and try to go for Yelan's C1?

I’m a low spender (Welkin only), which is why I’m interested on knowing what my best options are before the banners come out.
Yelan's C1 is a nice quality of life upgrade. It lowers the amount of ER you need to slot in for your artifacts to keep her cycling properly. Most importantly it's fun to use her dash and I enjoy it just doing quests and stuff in the overworld.

Favonius is a nice bow option for her, so if you get her C1, you could potentially take out even more ER and keep her burst full.

Alternatively, her bow just increases her damage, not her uptime, so keep in mind you have an ER deficit if you switch out. Not a huge deal, and the damage bonus for sure is nice.

Homa is great on several spear users, but I'd argue it's really important for Hu Tao to give her some breathing room with the HP mechanic as well as a lot of extra damage.

Downside with that is that you aren't guaranteed to get either one of them on the weapon banner until the 3rd 5* pull, so in theory you could end up with 2 Amos Bows or Skyward Spines and a bunch of wasted primos.

TL;DR - Yelan C1 is the safer bet, but if you're feeling lucky, Homa will be the biggest overall upgrade to your team (based on the limited info in your post). As a light spender without knowing your savings, it's hard to recommend any weapon banner pulling because of the rates.

I have around 100 fates and was thinking of wishing on the weapon banner hoping to get both Homa & Aqua.
Consider saving for other characters first. Cons and signature weapons don't really change your playing experience that much. They're just damage boosts.

If your will is unshaken and you want to improve your favorite characters, I would personally go for the weapon banner in this case:
  1. Aqua and Homa are some of the strongest weapons in the game. As long as you get either of the featured weapons, it's gonna be good for you.
  2. Weapons can be swapped between characters, unlike cons. That makes them more versatile and thus valuable. These two especially can be used on virtually any DPS character.
  3. The weapon banner right now is favorable for you. That probably won't happen again. Next time these weapons show up, the banner could be horrible.
  4. Character banners are much simpler. You can always go for Yelan or Hu Tao cons in the future.
  5. You're more likely to get something good with your currently saved primos on the weapon banner. 75% chance to get one of the featured weapons vs 50% to get a constellation on the character banner. Lower pity too, on the weapon banner. Slightly better odds of getting two 5 stars.
Just my 2 cents.

Cheers, I quite appreciate the insight.

Before today, I was dead set on rolling on the weapon banner because I figured a chance like this might never come again (two weapons I'm interested in + I think it has Sac Frags and Sac Sword, which I also need more refinements of). But then, I figured as I'm interested in wishing for Baizhu and Shenhe when 3.6 comes around, wishing on the character banner to try to get Yelan's C1 (which would make OW exploration faster & more fun) at the risk of not getting her would be a tiny bit better overall, which is why I came here looking for advice haha. I really wish I had more than 100 measly fates lol although I'm not counting the primogems I could add to that before Yelan's banner ends + Welkin, of course.

Btw, I just checked and for some reason (probably me being an idiot), I have a pity count of 20 in the weapon banner. I was getting more & more set on wishing on the character banner, but that just put me back on the fence lol. I have tons of thinking to do before tomorrow comes around.

Fuz

Banned
Pejo Pejo is right but if I were in your shoes (you love play that little annoying shit Hutao and Yelan) I would roll on weapon banner. Which would be a mistake, but still.

Edit: Actually, I would never pull on Homa on account of how crap it looks.

Last edited:

Pejo

Cheers, I quite appreciate the insight.

Before today, I was dead set on rolling on the weapon banner because I figured a chance like this might never come again (two weapons I'm interested in + I think it has Sac Frags and Sac Sword, which I also need more refinements of).
If Homa and Aqua were the only two possible drops from the weapon banner, it'd be a no brainer. But the 75% chance to be one or the other is far from 100%, as my shit luck on the Cyno weapon banner with 2 Skyward Atlases can attest to. Still, in the end it's gonna be what you're most happy with.

Live with no regrets!
F0csdPo.jpg

SSfox

If Homa and Aqua were the only two possible drops from the weapon banner, it'd be a no brainer. But the 75% chance to be one or the other is far from 100%, as my shit luck on the Cyno weapon banner with 2 Skyward Atlases can attest to. Still, in the end it's gonna be what you're most happy with.

Live with no regrets!
F0csdPo.jpg

2 Skyward? I though if you get an off banner weapon you'll be garanteed a banner weapon in next pity?

Pejo

Now I remember that I don't have any 4 or 5 star claymore, my only hope is that sword from the mondstand event.
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF
You didn't get that fish sword from the event? It's actually pretty good if stupid looking.

*edit*

Ever wonder what a realistic 3D AI-generated Barbara would look like?
uqdk1b6pqmga1.jpg

Last edited:

SSfox

it's 2 to fill the "path" nonsense, then 3rd guarantees the one you picked if you didn't get it already.

If you get 1 off banner (like Wolf or Skyward) next pity is gonna be guarantee one of the event banner. Or am I wrong? I've heard many time it's how it works. Like you can't have amos, Wolf or Skyward back to back.

Last edited:

SSfox

You didn't get that fish sword from the event? It's actually pretty good if stupid looking.

*edit*

uqdk1b6pqmga1.jpg

The only event weapon i haven't level up, it nice stats but look like a joke. Unless they put a fish looking character that will suit its design this weapon will always stay lvl1 in my box.

Pejo

Fuz

Banned
Maybe I'll pull for her. Not interested in any character except Fontaine and (especially) Natlan archons and the "Robin Hood" girl (assuming they won't destroy her design). It will be quite some time.

Dregnel

*edit*

uqdk1b6pqmga1.jpg
i don't have the fish sword, when I lose my 50% I don't play for a few months.

SSfox

Je suis Brigitte Bardot.
Une croissant avec jambon et fromage.
Ou la là le escargot.
Sorry, dunno if i can turn it English. But with icons it's easy to understand the stuff... i think

Last edited:

ssringo

Not great luck for me this banner but not terrible either. Lost the 50/50 and wound up needing ~200 wishes to obtain and C1 Yelan. Got C6 Xingqiu (who is already built) and C6 Beidou (who is in line to be built) during all that which is pretty great. Unfortunately Tighnari was my 50/50 lose which sucks because I just got him a couple days ago from standard pity and C1 does nothing to entice me to build him faster.

Also got a couple new Favonius weapons. Yay!

Pejo

A little expanded version of the leak:

dwfy4fafcuga1.png

So somehow these guys know that Dehya is going to get a "mature" team in Fontaine? I don't buy it.

Even if it's true, that's basically MHY admitting they made her with a future character specifically in mind, which is another thing that pisses me off. It was bad enough when they did it with 4*s, but now with the 5* and all the cost that represents...

ssringo

Yeah...not pulling a weak character in the hopes of something down the line making it good/worthwhile.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
A little expanded version of the leak:

dwfy4fafcuga1.png

So somehow these guys know that Dehya is going to get a "mature" team in Fontaine? I don't buy it.

Even if it's true, that's basically MHY admitting they made her with a future character specifically in mind, which is another thing that pisses me off. It was bad enough when they did it with 4*s, but now with the 5* and all the cost that represents...
"My raccomendation ;D ;D ;D"

Fucking morons.

Fake

Deyha looking to be a mess, with is a shame because she is fucking cool.

edit: Characters in Genshin Impact gets strong when you pull constelations, so I recommend Xiao C6 brrrr huehue

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
My recomendations as a veteran on Genshin Impact:

Kazuha C6 and 5-star weapon at minimun
Ayaka C6 and 5-star weapon at minimun, ideal scenario: use a credit card at will
Xynian -C250 at maximun, ideal scenario: don't pull
Shenhe at C6 and 5-star weapon at minimun
Keqing at C6 and 5-star weapon at minimun

You can also use alternative 5-star characters, but my recommendation is getting C6 and 5-star weapon with all of them at the very least. Don't be afraid to use your credit card.

Last edited:
Top Bottom