• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
My recomendations as a veteran on Genshin Impact:

Kazuha C6 and 5-star weapon at minimun
Ayaka C6 and 5-star weapon at minimun, ideal scenario: use a credit card at will
Xynian -C250 at maximun, ideal scenario: don't pull
Shenhe at C6 and 5-star weapon at minimun
Keqing at C6 and 5-star weapon at minimun

You can also use alternative 5-star characters, but my recommendation is getting C6 and 5-star weapon with all of them at the very least. Don't be afraid to use your credit card.
Thank you kind sir, I'll take notes.

Fuz

Banned
I gave in and pitied Yelan :\

Luckily I've also got a constellation for Layla, I had all the 4★ to C6.

CardYeah.jpg

tXaDc.gif

Last edited:

SSfox

Got a second Skyward blade in perma banner, what would you guys do? UP or Refine? i'll very likely refine it but curious about opinions?

ssringo

I personally wouldn't refine a 5* weapon unless I had nobody else that could use the weapon or they all had a good weapon for themselves. Maybe if I had my abyss teams set in stone and was just min/maxing them?

Im not a whale or even a dolphin though so any 5 star weapon is precious.

Pejo

Got a second Skyward blade in perma banner, what would you guys do? UP or Refine? i'll very likely refine it but curious about opinions?
Depends what your selection of other weapons look like. Skyward is a great stat stick and ER piece, but its uses are more limited these days with some strong 5* swords out there. I actually have Freedom Sworn, but I use Skyward on Kazuha since I went full EM with his artifacts. I gave Freedom Sworn to my Shinobu, and it's great on her.

The only 5* weapons i can 100% say to refine are the 5* standard banner books because they're basically worthless outside of being a stat stick. 4* options are better in most cases.

Refining 5 stars is usually not worth it for F2P or low spending players. The stat increase is quite low. For Skyward you get 1% crit rate (lol) and 5% more dmg increase to normal and charged attacks. That's garbage.

Skyward is generic enough that it'll work on a bunch of different characters, so it's more useful to keep around for the future IMO.

Saber

Gold Member
I would say no imo.
5 star weapons by themselves are already pretty strong even when not refined. And since they are very hard to come by I rather prefer stick with them, even if none of my characters use it at the moment. It could be usefull in the future for a new character you're interested on.

deanote666

My comrade.

Sifting trash after every 2-3 chests and boss fights is slowly killing me.
images
Threw some at the crafting table but still got over 1400, didn't get anything good.

More fodder to level up artifacts for characters I don't use for characters I gave ok artifacts to but running out of those.

Pejo

Threw some at the crafting table but still got over 1400, didn't get anything good.

More fodder to level up artifacts for characters I don't use for characters I gave ok artifacts to but running out of those.
I toss the golds into the strongboxes when I get time, but my real issue is that I need to actually spend some time to sort through the good vs. the bad and just lock the good ones. Right now I just sort to wanderers/gladitors and just start feeding them without looking at the stats. Probably got rid of some good artifacts but meh.

I wish we had an option to just "recycle" them that would turn them into universal currency that we could either use as XP towards good artifacts OR exchange for strongboxes, instead of making us use the artifacts themselves. That way we can quickly just grind them up into dust and deal with the usage of them later when we have time.

I have been kinda trying to hold on to them until Severed Fate or at least Pale Flame/Millelith have been added to strongboxes so I can exchange for those.

Fake

Well, Baizhu is almost here and beta players will post their gameplay.

How can a dendro shield came first than a anemo shield I'll never understand.

Pejo

I feel left out with nothing to pull for. I'll be so miserable in a month that I'll probably just pull for Dehya anyway, regardless of how crap she is.
I'm right there with you, depression pulls for Dehya.

I'm actually doing pretty good so far though, finally finishing up talents to 9/9/9 for all of my used characters, weapons to 90, still gotta finish talents for Ning/Xiangling/Sara/Chongus, then weapons for Sara/Xiangling/Chongus, then I should be mostly caught up. Exceptions of course for the 23984723 characters that all use Scaramouche's boss materials for talents, which is gonna take me months to finish.

After that, gonna pre-farm as much as I can for Dehya, then I guess it'll finally be time to get into the mud of hard farming for good artifact substats for my carry DPS characters. Eula's current set is awful, despite how much damage she already does. Can't wait to see her with a curated set focusing on Crit and CDMG.

ErfHBxd.png

Even with those awful substats, I'm still getting 11-18k normals with superconduct active. 20k should be achievable with a decent crit/cdmg ratio. This is one of the reasons I was hoping Pale Flame would end up in the recycle feature though, since I really despise artifact farming.

Bro what's up with that art though?

I was thinking about Hu Tao but ultimately decided against it because stamina management is ass, and I don't want to get C1. Eula is still on the table, but I don't want to use Mika...

Pejo

Bro what's up with that art though?
Oh she stepped on a Lego or something idk.
I was thinking about Hu Tao but ultimately decided against it because stamina management is ass, and I don't want to get C1. Eula is still on the table, but I don't want to use Mika...
Eula works just fine without any twink. I'd say she has the least requirements to be good out of most carries. Just an electro to apply superconduct is really all she NEEDS. DEF down like Lisa's Burst or Razor's skill is nice too. Also Zhongli's omni-shred. Or you can build her with Gladiator's for big normals and use Yun Jin.

• LOL
Reactions: Fuz
Oh she stepped on a Lego or something idk.
Right :messenger_smirking:
Eula works just fine without any twink. I'd say she has the least requirements to be good out of most carries. Just an electro to apply superconduct is really all she NEEDS. DEF down like Lisa's Burst or Razor's skill is nice too. Also Zhongli's omni-shred. Or you can build her with Gladiator's for big normals and use Yun Jin.
Many enemies have increased phys resistance though. That's why she needed a dedicated support to be more competitive with other characters that can do reactions. At least, that's what I've heard.

Looks like she's gonna come after Dehya anyway, so I can just decide later.

Pejo

Right :messenger_smirking:

Many enemies have increased phys resistance though. That's why she needed a dedicated support to be more competitive with other characters that can do reactions. At least, that's what I've heard.

Looks like she's gonna come after Dehya anyway, so I can just decide later.
The only thing I really "feel" the physical resistance from is machine-class enemies. Everything else is so minor that it's negligible. Any "human" class enemy has negative physical resist too, so she's especially strong vs. annoying fatui enemies where you don't even have to take their shields down to kill them in a few seconds each. And I'm not even talking about her burst.

Anyways, I got by so far without Mika and with shit artifacts, that isn't gonna change just to get some more phys damage out of her kit.

deanote666

My Eula does 4000-24000 physical damage without using reactions.

Will be a while before I go back to her artifacts. Storage wars is too annoying right now. I could switch to a CR hat and get her above 90% CR but the CD decrease would negate most of the benefits.

Been farming the bosses to get enough for everyone to be max ascended in the meantime.

LordCBH

Dumped 120 wishes on trying to get Staff of Homa and walked away with Yelan’s bow. Don’t have Yelan. Is it good on anyone else?

Pejo

Dumped 120 wishes on trying to get Staff of Homa and walked away with Yelan’s bow. Don’t have Yelan. Is it good on anyone else?
It's Crit Damage substat and easy to satisfy passive, it's universally good as a stat stick for any bow dps character. Maybe not best in slot, but Yoimiya/Childe/meme Fischl builds could use it.

Pejo

Holy shit, finally....

eMwCiTY.jpg

What a colossal pain in the ass and waste of time that was to hunt down the 6 or so of those fuckers that I missed by playing naturally. I thought for sure that they'd eventually create a device to help you find the ones you were missing, similar to treasure compasses, but nope.

Followed this guide since it had an interactive map and lets you cross off the ones you know you already got, to make it easier to track. There were still a bunch of issues with it though in that the numbering for the locations were all over the fucking place and it was unclear which numbers you were on if you were using the mini guide at the bottom.

Still, it was helpful enough that I got it finished in about 3 hours. Also found 2 furniture chests I missed previously, 17 chests in total I missed, and an end to a quest that I guess isn't tracked and I must have started but never finished (the one with the aranara making you fight the mechanical array 5 times in the dream). It ended with a luxurious chest, so worth doing all 5 fights with how easy it is, IMO.

Not that I absolutely had to find all of those little dudes, but it was something that was nagging at me in the back of my head every time I logged in. Now that this monkey is off my back, I can finally do the next part of the Jeht quest and dig into the new desert area finally. Not tonight though, I'm beat after all that bullshit.

Fake

Still trying to get C6 for Razor. I like Eula, but Razor still do better for physical because of his burst.

• Strength

SSfox

Still trying to get C6 for Razor. I like Eula, but Razor still do better for physical because of his burst.
I'm really hesitating if i should pull her. I want Mika but there aren't much DPS physic that goes w him, Razor is cool but his damage output may be a little low after getting used to Itto and Ayaka, Eula i dunno if i really want her, and it doesn't help that it's rare Mihoyo put her in trials
LKoW7MF.jpg

Would've nice if we have an idea on when's Varka
IGv5oIj.jpg

Fake

I'm really hesitating if i should pull her. I want Mika but there aren't much DPS physic that goes w him, Razor is cool but his damage output may be a little low after getting used to Itto and Ayaka, Eula i dunno if i really want her, and it doesn't help that it's rare Mihoyo put her in trials
LKoW7MF.jpg

IGv5oIj.jpg

Razor indeed have lower dmg, but the way his burst works may favor him than the rest of the Claymore dps.

SSfox

Razor indeed have lower dmg, but the way his burst works may favor him than the rest of the Claymore dps.
Yeah i found him more fun than Eula tbh
W6dfUeX.jpg
i always though i should build him if i ever have him C6
l1iM3Zj.jpg

Last edited:

LordCBH

It's Crit Damage substat and easy to satisfy passive, it's universally good as a stat stick for any bow dps character. Maybe not best in slot, but Yoimiya/Childe/meme Fischl builds could use it.

Thanks!! I’ll probably throw it on childe then!

EN VA? Are they already did this with Barbara and angry a loads of fans?
Tighnari's EN voice actor was accused of pedophilia, transphobia, ableism and various kinds of abuse. He admitted to some of those accusations.

Kinda similar to the Chinese Oz (Fischl's bird) controversy that happened some time ago. He was ultimately replaced, so that might happen again.

Pejo

Tighnari's EN voice actor was accused of pedophilia, transphobia, ableism and various kinds of abuse.
Dang.

I thought maybe this was just because they saw him playing Hogwarts.

Anyways, new 3.7 character is a female Geo (probably 4* if I had to guess) catgirl. Leakers say she looks similar to this vtuber.

00r62ww185ha1.jpg

They will haver her in the trial when her banner runs. I agree she's probably not for everyone, but I really like her kit.
Not 'til Capitano interactions, I would guess. So Natlan?

Pejo

Geo is always scary to me. It's such an inflexible element that I'm not sure what to expect with those characters.
I just hope she's a universal geo character and not a "pair her with Gorou" geo character.

*edit*

Well, it looks like we officially have entered the stage of the game where 4*s should just be considered an extra equipment slot for 5* characters. They made Kaveh so gay for Alhaitham that it's impossible to ignore it.

gi6cob9t85ha1.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Sounds cute, though we already have a catgirl in Diona. Interesting that she hasn't been leaked before.
She's a "teen" model though, not the kid one.

There were talks about her in the Fontaine megaleaks, but not much detail. Just that we'd get a teen female geo character from Liyue in 3.x patches. I think they said bow, but could be anything. MHY likes swapping weapons around.

*edit*

Mmm watermelon cup. I seriously can't look at this artifact set without wanting a slice.

40ma40i2k6ha1.png

There's high res images of both new sets, but I haven't seen any reliable info on what the sets do yet.

Last edited:

SSfox

As mono Geo is my fav team (Itto, Gourou Albedo, Z), I haven't been curious in a character Kit in a while. If she's gonna add some value in Mono geo it's gonna be too good, tho if she's just MDP i'll probably Skiper her easy, guess we'll wait and see
2IMsbmo.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Fuck you you fucking pathetic virgin weebs. What the fuck is an ahoge?

I swear I hate them so much when they use Japanese weeb terms because that's their whole personality.
It's the little piece of hair that often has its own emoji movements separate from the character. I have no idea how this kind of thing became a trope.

1459223145-1ad47212bc6cc600b940c6dd62fbe672.png

• Triggered

Fuz

Banned
My god, the new event.

I think I'm over my tolerance limits for the writing and dialogues. I can't stand those stupid idiotic skits anymore. Also Ayaka's JP "soft" voice sounds like she's retarded.
I am really TIRED of them, and they won't even give us a skip button and you can't even always speed them up. I really can't stand them anymore, and it's not an hyperbole.

Last edited:
Top Bottom