• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

So I have a confession to make, GenshinGAF.

I've been using Layla in my Yoimiya/Yelan team, and she is absolutely fantastic in that role.

The shitty damage on her stars don't matter at all, and sometimes freeze enemies in conjunction with Yelan's Hydro application, and it causese Yoimiya to either Vape or Melt every single shot. On top of that she provides the shielding that Yoimiya needs to keep her damage consistent.

I talked a lot of trash on her, but I am officially eating my words now that I have her halfway built.
images.jpeg

• LOL
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Any of you guys get any special effects during the performance part of the web event? I tried a few different combinations and I didn't notice anything special.

Also, is Paimon playing fucking paper as an instrument?

I've already got all of the Primogems, so I'm not gonna waste anymore time on it.

Reactions: BJK
Any of you guys get any special effects during the performance part of the web event? I tried a few different combinations and I didn't notice anything special.

Also, is Paimon playing fucking paper as an instrument?

I've already got all of the Primogems, so I'm not gonna waste anymore time on it.
Didn't find anything special with the backgrounds. Not sure what they meant with that.

Paimon admitted she's useless, so she's just on stage to look adorable. The paper is just decoration.

By the way, I noticed you can change the order of your characters in the battle event before the challenge starts. You can select that option before selecting "start challenge" in the room.

Pejo

Honestly after Dehya looking like a huge disappointment, I'm completely unexcited for future characters at this point. Fujobait, Twinks, and a whole nation of mediocre visual designs coming up is leaving a pretty sour taste in my mouth.

Just gonna focus on the characters I have and start properly farming artifact sets for them for the upcoming months.

Dehya could be saved in my eyes in one of two ways.
  1. Lower her cooldowns and kit to make her more actual fun to play. Give her a few repositions of the sigils, make them do non-negligible damage when you reposition them, make the fire pulses faster. Give us manual control of her burst, it's only 4 seconds for fucks sake. I don't even mind if some of that is locked behind constellations if they wanna be like that about it.
  2. Make her numbers bigger so that you can play her as a DPS despite all of the shortcomings and anti-synergy with not only her own kit, but also other supports. I'm talking above Klee level damage ceiling. I'd even *pukes* level up Benny C6 if her numbers were sufficiently good for doing so.
So your choice MHY, option 2 is the worst and easiest way out of the current situation, so if they do pick one, that would probably be it. I am almost 100% convinced that they're gonna release her in the shit state she's in then try to fix her in 2-3 patches with a specific artifact set for her. By then it'll be too late though, and her numbers and awful kit will have already ruined her potential.

Even when people were doomposting Kokomi, I saw a lot of potential in her and rolled for her at release. She only got better over time, but always had a use as an AOE healer with the ability to apply good consistent AOE Hydro. Dehya starts out behind the starting line with an awful kit, so any improvements through artifacts are going to just make her barely playable.

Not even the CN players are happy about the state she's in right now.

Saber

Gold Member
Perhaps Baizhu skill acts like Diona. The snake attacks, dealing damage but also creates a shield. If you hold it deals more damage but it also increases the cooldown.
Also not against those who still looking foward to Dehya, but I'm not gonna hold her with those cooldowns and not good to apply pyro, let alone break cryo/electro shields. I'm the one who thinks she gonna surprise, but not in a good way. But who knows, a test could show if she is indeed bad or not.

Last edited:
Honestly after Dehya looking like a huge disappointment, I'm completely unexcited for future characters at this point. Fujobait, Twinks, and a whole nation of mediocre visual designs coming up is leaving a pretty sour taste in my mouth.
I'm in the same boat. Dehya was one of the few characters that immediately spoke to me when her design was leaked, and they just ship her off with a terrible kit. Any upcoming characters you may like can end up the same way. Meanwhile the characters coming up in the short term are revolting to me.

I think Dehya is gonna be awesome and surprise a lot of people
I truly hope you're right. Maybe there's some kind of team she fits in that people haven't figured out yet. But I can't see it right now.

Saber

Gold Member
We will talk about it in few weeks. But yeah as much as her Kit looks too shitty on paper rn, i def think she will end up surprising people.

For their sake, lets hope you're right.
I once though Yaoyao was bad, but then she released and wasn't bad at all.
But in this case shes a 5-star...so being an ok or lower(whatever shes supposed to be...dps I think?) could mean bad sales.

SSfox

I'm in the same boat. Dehya was one of the few characters that immediately spoke to me when her design was leaked, and they just ship her off with a terrible kit. Any upcoming characters you may like can end up the same way. Meanwhile the characters coming up in the short term are revolting to me.

I truly hope you're right. Maybe there's some kind of team she fits in that people haven't figured out yet. But I can't see it right now.
For their sake, lets hope you're right.
I once though Yaoyao was bad, but then she released and wasn't bad at all.
But in this case shes a 5-star...so being an ok or lower(whatever shes supposed to be...dps I think?) could mean bad sales.

I think they're preparing some new meta, so far we have healers and shielders as defensive units, Dehya seems to be some type of new defense unit, made maybe for mobs that hit too hard. The Scorpion in new Abyss may be a hint, he hit so hard that he can OS you, even if you have a healer in the team, but with Dehya in the team the character on field won't die in that case.

New artefact is coming also in 3.6, pretty sure one is tied to her like ice cream. Like (just spculating) 2 pieces = +20% max HP, 4 piece = Wielder hit harder the more they lose hp, off field or on field with stacks. ect

• Triggered

Fake

Speaking of failure, will Alhaitham moved to the permanent banner?

They're already accepting he act like a dendro Keking.

I think they're preparing some new meta, so far we have healers and shielders as defensive units, Dehya seems to be some type of new defense unit, made maybe for mobs that hit too hard. The Scorpion in new Abyss may be a hint, he hit so hard that he can OS you, even if you have a healer in the team, but with Dehya in the team the character on field won't die in that case.

New artefact is coming also in 3.6, pretty sure one is tied to her like ice cream. Like (just spculating) 2 pieces = +20% max HP, 4 piece = Wielder hit harder the more they lose hp, off field or on field with stacks. ect
Yeah that's Genshin at its worst. Forcing people to use shielders (IE Zhongli because most other shielders sucked at the time) or healers (because Kokomi didn't sell) is awful. If Dehya is part of a new meta which basically forces you to pull for her, that's not good.

Fake

The problem with Dehya is for now we don't know what is she for. She don't look to make much numbers and neither she know what she is doing.

Giving her a shield would make her a 'better than Xynian' tag. We already discuss about MYH losing their touch about creating new ways of play with new character.

So, she is a pyro with use HP (get cons), don't have shield, don't heal but heal herself, is a dps without dps mechanics (looks like bursts like Xinqgi/Yelan don't work with her burst).

What we got? A bunch of reddit users telling us what is Dehya. If even MYH can't tell what Dehya is suppose to do, why someone is trying to?

But I'm sure someone over reddit/twitter will upload a clip showing her doing huge amount of damages, and of course without context.

Last edited:

Dregnel

all the effort to design sumeru's characters went into nahida and scaramouche, the only reason to pull for dehya is because she has a great design.
also I think they are going to introduce a lot of those knights that get weak when they hit you directly and you are not protected by a shield.

Last edited:

Pejo

We will talk about it in few weeks. But yeah as much as her Kit looks too shitty on paper rn, i def think she will end up surprising people.
Even if that were the case, her kit is still shit. If she's gonna do damage transfer, fine, that's a mechanic I could get behind. But it's 50% of the damage transferred. Meaning you still need shields and/or healers for all characters, so why not just bring a healer or a shielder?

If it's the interruption resist, cool, I like that. But it only procs a certain number of hits and only for 4 seconds after slamming down her sigil - why? Would it have been that overpowered to just give the whole buff while standing in the circle?

It's not that they're doing something different that bothers me about the kit, it's the awful thinking behind it that even if they make this weird "just pull for Focalors dummy lol" meta, her kit still fucking sucks. Instead of being jack of many trades, she's a "eh" of many trades, master of none. Just the worst kind of kit.
Even this wouldn't really save her. The Burst is fine for what it is, but it's un-vapable other than the first hit (which is the weakest), and even crowned the last splash hit only does 280%~ atk damage (which is less than her or any other claymore's single normal ass plunge attack).

You'll see exactly 2 teams for Dehya - Mono Pyro with Kazuha and Benny doing all the work like every meta youtuber video, and Anemo/Mona crit fishers for her burst. Even Burgeon is inferior in every way to Thoma or Xinyan, of all characters.

Again, I don't care if people use her, but there's just no excuse at this point in the game for a character this bad to be coming out. If they were going to base everything off of something in Fontaine, she should have released after Fontaine. It kills me that MHY are gonna get rewarded at all for a character built like this, I want to see them actually go in the negative on her banner.

Now add to that the awful passives, constellations that should be built into her kit being ripped out and sold back, etc. There's just nothing good I have to say about MHY or Dehya at this point.

There's still a chance they wake up and change a bunch of stuff, and that's my only copium right now. They changed Ayato pretty severely towards the end of his beta, but the only thing we've seen change over Dehya's beta is the fucking % nerfs to her normals. It's straight up insulting.

Pejo

dk9z11f41wfa1.jpg

This got cut off, but here's the summary from the thread:

What does it mean?

- Her skill has the same resistance as geo traveler burst right now, which has very low value, it is almost useless.

- Dehya's skill provides less resistance than Beidou burst now. (0.7 vs 0.5).

- The resistance Xingqui provides(0.3) to a character without resistance to interruption is higher than what Dehya's skill field provides(0.7) to a character with resistance to interruption(0.5) even after it stacks. (0.3 vs 0.7*0.5)

- Instead her first passive provides infinite poise / superarmor for 4 seconds after her skill field manifests.

- A 5 star character that somehow supposed to replace shields can't even provide higher resistance than 4 star charachters which also has proper damage reduction mechanics in their kit.

- Her situation is sad. I want to cry.

So essentially they ninja nerfed the interruption resistance after v1. Lower number is better in this scenario. This also confirms that she only gets full interrupt resist (which Eula has for the entire duration of her burst for comparison) for 4 seconds after using her elemental skill.

Clown Suicide GIF

Fuz

Banned
Pejo Pejo

The new weapon seems to be a big power up for frost teams... buuuuuuut...

I can't fucking force myself to fight with fucking heels.

Meta or dignity? Dignity or meta...?

Also:
PAD3TY32
PA99UUPQ
PAAU8TW5
PAC3PHAT
TOF2023

Last edited:

Pejo

Pejo Pejo

The new weapon seems to be a big power up for frost teams... buuuuuuut...

I can't fucking force myself to fight with fucking heels.

Meta or dignity? Dignity or meta...?

Also:
PAD3TY32
PA99UUPQ
PAAU8TW5
PAC3PHAT
TOF2023

Oh man I know, I'm having infinitely more fun in ToF lately than Genshin. My Alyss/Saki/Frigg team is ridiculous right now, I just soloed that underground reindeer boss earlier to see if I could while I was doing dailies. She also has a HUGE QoL update in that when you hold dash (right click on KB/M), she turns into a butterfly and can fly in any direction in the air at the use of stamina. It makes getting around so much easier. Frost remains the most fun element, and holy shit is Alyss strong. I'm using her with Lyra's sim, but you stay true to yourself and your little prancing Sephiroth. No shame.

I wasn't sure if you were still playing or not. I've been finally catching up to the power curve (until the new patch yesterday at least), so it's been fun again for me. Plus I moved from my dead server to one of the high population one, which has been nice for finally completing some co-op content like the island portals and abyss cubes.

Yeah. That max hp is useless without the constelation. Unless people just want to use her as a mitigation tool lol
Blows my mind that she only transfers 50% of damage, and that's with a crown. At talent level 7 (common stopping point for supports), she's only stopping 44% of the damage. So if you get hit for 3000 normally (fairly common amount in WL8), You'd still take 1680 damage. WoWeeeeeeee!!! Totally better than a shielder where you would take 0 damage and have full knockback immunity until the shield breaks. YEP.

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

Fuz

Banned
Oh man I know, I'm having infinitely more fun in ToF lately than Genshin. My Alyss/Saki/Frigg team is ridiculous right now, I just soloed that underground reindeer boss earlier to see if I could while I was doing dailies. She also has a HUGE QoL update in that when you hold dash (right click on KB/M), she turns into a butterfly and can fly in any direction in the air at the use of stamina. It makes getting around so much easier. Frost remains the most fun element, and holy shit is Alyss strong. I'm using her with Lyra's sim, but you stay true to yourself and your little prancing Sephiroth. No shame.

I wasn't sure if you were still playing or not. I've been finally catching up to the power curve (until the new patch yesterday at least), so it's been fun again for me. Plus I moved from my dead server to one of the high population one, which has been nice for finally completing some co-op content like the island portals and abyss cubes.

Goddamit you bastard, you're trying to make me pull aren't you? WELL IT FUCKING WORKED.

You got her A1?

EDIT: Alyss or Frigg?

Last edited:

SSfox

Anybody knows who are characters trial in tomorrow last day event?
y0dPGs2.jpg

I would like Eula, want to try her more to think if i'll pull her or not
ZcGapxa.jpg

Pejo

Goddamit you bastard, you're trying to make me pull aren't you? WELL IT FUCKING WORKED.

You got her A1?

EDIT: Alyss or Frigg?
I use both, Alyss is higher damage, Frigg is a great backbone for the whole team. That permanent immunity from knockback/CC in Frigg's field is just too good to give up.

I actually got Alyss to A3. >_>

• Triggered

Fuz

Banned
I use both, Alyss is higher damage, Frigg is a great backbone for the whole team. That permanent immunity from knockback/CC in Frigg's field is just too good to give up.

I actually got Alyss to A3. >_>
I meant, who do you think I should pull? I'm going Saki-Lin-3rd anyway, won't use both of them or pull for both.

Pejo

Leakers are starting confirm no Dehya changes in final beta update (also no Shenhe rerun in 3.5)

The dream is officially dead.

I have to say, I've been having a pretty good time reading the doomposts and memes on DehyaMains subreddit.

Seriously fuck MHY though. No BP or even a welkin from me for the foreseeable future. I'll roll what primos I currently have and get for free from the game for a single copy of Dehya, but I'm not gonna reward this bullshittery.

The only hope we have left is a Zhongli-tier meltdown about her atrocious kit and the promise of changes sometime in the future. But I doubt that'll happen and even if it did they'd have to make way more changes than what they did for Zhongli.

Pejo

The only hope we have left is a Zhongli-tier meltdown about her atrocious kit and the promise of changes sometime in the future. But I doubt that'll happen and even if it did they'd have to make way more changes than what they did for Zhongli.
Unless they're doing all of their performance adjustments internally and just keeping her kit as is, to stick it to the leakers, they absolutely 100% will not change her kit after release. That was a one-time thing with big bad zhong dong and his paper shield.

I actually wouldn't mind if they kept betas for bug fixes and did the performance tuning internally, but my god did they pick a hell of a time to start - if that's what's happening now.

Saber

Gold Member
Leakers are starting confirm no Dehya changes in final beta update (also no Shenhe rerun in 3.5)

The dream is officially dead.

I have to say, I've been having a pretty good time reading the doomposts and memes on DehyaMains subreddit.

Seriously fuck MHY though. No BP or even a welkin from me for the foreseeable future. I'll roll what primos I currently have and get for free from the game for a single copy of Dehya, but I'm not gonna reward this bullshittery.

Honestly, you're wasting your primos for Dehya. Again she doesn't have HP scales on her kit unless you get C1 and her ascention give HP, so she is rather useless. Would be better if you save those primos and wishes for another character, unless you don't care about that at all.

The best thing you can do to show them is to hold yourself up and don't roll for her at all.

Last edited:
Unless they're doing all of their performance adjustments internally and just keeping her kit as is, to stick it to the leakers, they absolutely 100% will not change her kit after release. That was a one-time thing with big bad zhong dong and his paper shield.

I actually wouldn't mind if they kept betas for bug fixes and did the performance tuning internally, but my god did they pick a hell of a time to start - if that's what's happening now.
Yeah, I'm not sure what purpose the beta has for Mihoyo. Are the testers even complaining to them about her kit? Is MHY just ignoring them or what?

The way I see it, they might feel like they can't address the current outrage because it's all based on leaks. They can only acknowledge it after the character has been properly released. At that point it all depends on how much of a stink the community can kick up. The Genshin community is mostly a bunch of pussies, but they were able to do it before with Zhongli, the exclusive KFC items and 1st anniversary. Let's hope they can do it again.

Top Bottom