• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

Thats the type of theory I miss in GI.

Lets see if Dansleif keep track on this, because GI is mega silly at this point. Traveler once again lost interess on his personal quest.

Fake

Leaking pictures of Dehya questline. I know is lack context, but quite frankly looks repetitive. Very similar to what we already saw in old quests.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
gzi44f5146ea1.png

Husbandos don't generate revenue.

Saber

Gold Member
gzi44f5146ea1.png

Husbandos don't generate revenue.

Maybe they are trying to appease a demographic that isn't interested on playing the game. And for those who spend, they generally tend to invest on OP or meta characters.

I'm guessing that Dehya will share the same fate or worse. I changed from super hyped to lost interest way too quick on her.

Last edited:
It's good that Allhatehim bombed. His kit is a lazy copy/paste and his character is like one of those autistic BL characters. Nothing of value was lost.

I hope Dehya bombs.

Constellations are nice but if 5* are trash without them, then they can keep them.
I'm with you if they leave her like this. People pulling for a trash tier character just because she's sexy sends the wrong message to MHY and jeopardizes all future characters. Then again, they probably wouldn't understand why she didn't sell anyway.

I'm still hoping someone wakes up over in China, sees the huge amounts of backlash online and actually fixes her.

ssringo

I doubt she'll bomb on her initial run. Most people probably don't know or care about the leaks and whatnot. But unless everybody is seriously missing something or MYH make changes to make her much better she won't do squat on reruns. Takes too long to save and costs too much money to waste wishes on known trash.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Nankatsu

Gold Member
It's good that Allhatehim bombed. His kit is a lazy copy/paste and his character is like one of those autistic BL characters. Nothing of value was lost.
Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Finding Zhongli chilling with Gooba after the end of lantern Rite event was random as hell :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
100% Hadramaveth
tXaDc.gif

Did 2 more pulls and got Trashjin C1 and YaoYao C1. Probably never gonna use her anyway
D8TTC.gif
. As expected, all her trash artifacts which I needed HP on rolled cr/cd/atk%
K8Tdx.gif
Every. Single. Roll. This game fucking knows.
Very happy with both Scara and Alhaitham (both with mediocre non maxed artifacts). They both share a dull, substandard, kinda pointless burst, actually. Scara isn't just quite strong but he's also invaluable to go around those stupid canyon peaks, and Alhaitham is atually stronger than I though - still need the last ascension but he melts stuff so damn fast. Kinda weird, since the numbers I see aren't that big
scratch.gif
Gave him the Black Sword and made a team with Alhaitham/Raiden/Zhongli/Nahida an everything dies before I start having fun (I'm even thinking about ascending the world level lol nope not gonna happen). He suffers A LOT from multiple wave enemies and invulnerability phases, since he instantly loses his mirrors when switched out and cooldowns are a bitch, which is his greatest drawback imho.
Tried them in Abyss and damn they're effective there too. Got my 12 stars and then I just fucked up with a pyro team on pyro lector room lol nope'd out. Probably could get 36 this time, with a bit of effort.

Last edited:

Pejo

100% Hadramaveth
tXaDc.gif

Did 2 more pulls and got Trashjin C1 and YaoYao C1. Probably never gonna use her anyway
D8TTC.gif
. As expected, all her trash artifacts which I needed HP on rolled cr/cd/atk%
K8Tdx.gif
Every. Single. Roll. This game fucking knows.
Very happy with both Scara and Alhaitham (both with mediocre non maxed artifacts). They both share a dull, substandard, kinda pointless burst, actually. Scara isn't just quite strong but he's also invaluable to go around those stupid canyon peaks, and Alhaitham is atually stronger than I though - still need the last ascension but he melts stuff so damn fast. Kinda weird, since the numbers I see aren't that big
scratch.gif
Gave him the Black Sword and made a team with Alhaitham/Raiden/Zhongli/Nahida an everything dies before I start having fun (I'm even thinking about ascending the world level lol nope not gonna happen). He suffers A LOT from multiple wave enemies and invulnerability phases, since he instantly loses his mirrors when switched out and cooldowns are a bitch, which is his greatest drawback imho.
Tried them in Abyss and damn they're effective there too. Got my 12 stars and then I just fucked up with a pyro team on pyro lector room lol nope'd out. Probably could get 36 this time, with a bit of effort.

bHPpOVv.jpg

*edit*

Forgot the hat.

Last edited:

ssringo

I just can't with the lyrics or the music. I'm willing to chalk it up to different musical tastes though.

I really, really like Brianna's voice work for Hu Tao and the character in general though.

Pejo

I just can't with the lyrics or the music. I'm willing to chalk it up to different musical tastes though.

I really, really like Brianna's voice work for Hu Tao and the character in general though.
Wholeheartedly agree. Probably my favorite EN VA, but she should absolutely not rap. Better singer than Xinyan's VA though for sure.

ssringo

It's just a fanart mockup, no digits.

Well at least I know I'm in good company.
I only saw it after the fact. Generally speaking, and setting aside the later aspects, it's not something I would normally check out. But curiosity is a dangerous thing and I ignored other's warnings. I deeply regretted it for weeks afterwards.

And apparently there might be an animation of it.

ssringo

Pejo

I recognize the picture, but never read it myself. From that description, I can safely say I've seen worse though.
Oh yea, it's not the content that's particularly bad, it's just a really sad depressing tale. Usually the opposite for what you read for entertainment. Kinda the hentai version of Requiem for a dream.

Fake

I just know via 'know your meme'. People are so much into it that even created alternative endings for this manga.

Fuz

Banned
So I've been following this theory for a while now, and I think Lantern Rite just confirmed it.

Paimon is the goddess of time. Lose her powers or is experiencing corrosion or something. Explains why she gets nervous and loses track of time when Traveler isn't around. Also explains the pause menu and other stuff. I'll elaborate further later, I just wanted to post this image.

CtHZy4u.png
Waiting GIF

crumbs

So steering us away from the depressing manga and back to Genshin, how are you guys building Yaoyao? At first, I was probably going to ignore her, but she seems to pair well with Alhaitham and there's team-building flexibility/utility to having a dendro healer.

I was leaning toward 4pc Deepwood with HP/HP/HP (or healing bonus), but I'm wondering if adding some EM makes sense. For a weapon, I'm going with Favonius (or black tassel and going with ER on an artifact instead of HP).

Edit: For reference, I have Yaoyao at C3.

Last edited:

Fake

Finally did the lantern shit, got C3 for Yaoyao as well.

Nothing to complain so far, I just lower my expectations and voalá.

Fuz

Banned
So steering us away from the depressing manga and back to Genshin, how are you guys building Yaoyao? At first, I was probably going to ignore her, but she seems to pair well with Alhaitham and there's team-building flexibility/utility to having a dendro healer.

I was leaning toward 4pc Deepwood with HP/HP/HP (or healing bonus), but I'm wondering if adding some EM makes sense. For a weapon, I'm going with Favonius (or black tassel and going with ER on an artifact instead of HP).

Edit: For reference, I have Yaoyao at C3.
I was thinking to use her with him as well, but
- Nahida is way better, and I'm not gonna go 3 dendro, ever.
- Her burst is just plain BAD because it requires her to stay on field. Her elemental skill is also awfully designed, that radish throw is unprecise and annoying.
- dont' want to spend resources or farm artifact for her lol.

In any case, I gave her Millelith, focusing on HP and healing bonus, and an unleveled Favonius lance.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, I really enjoyed the fireworks platforming part of lantern rite. Wish they had more of those and that there was a bit more to them.

In contrast, I really hated the boat stuff. I didn't realize you could play solo until I was almost done with rewards, but the multiplayer was a shitshow.

Saber

Gold Member
Man, I really enjoyed the fireworks platforming part of lantern rite. Wish they had more of those and that there was a bit more to them.

In contrast, I really hated the boat stuff. I didn't realize you could play solo until I was almost done with rewards, but the multiplayer was a shitshow.

Told yah guys.
I said that to my brother until he taste how crap it is.
Reason for why it worked on later events is that they aways send you to go on a straigh line. This is not much of a problem for the boat.

But when you put on a open wide area you start to notice the boat is not suitable for that. On a straight line is just left or right, but open area requires you to do a complete turn and the boat is awfull for that, you gonna be constatly get hitted by explosions and whirlpools.

Pejo

Told yah guys.
I said that to my brother until he taste how crap it is.
Reason for why it worked on later events is that they aways send you to go on a straigh line. This is not much of a problem for the boat.

But when you put on a open wide area you start to notice the boat is not suitable for that. On a straight line is just left or right, but open area requires you to do a complete turn and the boat is awfull for that, you gonna be constatly get hitted by explosions and whirlpools.
The handling is what it is, not great I agree. My biggest issue were the existence of whirlpools. I don't mind explosions and dust clouds and all the other gadgets, but whirlpools are anti-fun to begin with, then giving players the ability to use them just makes it worse. The whole event would have been better if you could have directly attacked other ships and had more than 3 hits before you respawn. Eh, I'm not even sure that would have fixed it, now that I typed that out, it just wasn't a good event.

Straight line races with obstacles are the superior boat minigame format, I agree.

Fake

The problem is the boat mechanics sucks and you add human interaction on a terrible minigame, resulting in shitshow, anti-game and people trolling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom