• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

Sorry for the Spoil, HUGE INSANE LEAK

lAUGHED HARD AT THIS LOL

ZYwix.jpg

deanote666

Reading the descriptions for the boat power ups gave the impression of PVP but I couldn't find anything PVP related in the rest of the event description...?

Fake

Reading the descriptions for the boat power ups gave the impression of PVP but I couldn't find anything PVP related in the rest of the event description...?

Not pvp, just ways of trash others players.

Is a minigame and competition. You earn more points if you finish in first place.

Pejo

9lpht10p4rea1.png

Baizhu leaks. Looks like he's the first censored male.

In the comments, they're saying at C0 he's physical catalyst (how the fuck will that work??)

C1 gives him imbue Dendro. They're really shameless now about stripping stuff out of a kit and selling it back to you. Pathetic.

Saber

Gold Member
9lpht10p4rea1.png

In the comments, they're saying at C0 he's physical catalyst (how the fuck will that work??)

C1 gives him imbue Dendro. They're really shameless now about stripping stuff out of a kit and selling it back to you. Pathetic.

A catalyst that does not imbue Dendro makes absolute no sense to me.
He could be a polearm(or any other weapon, really) with a skill or burst that uses a book, similar concept that this Mika has. Or neither, his skill could be pretty much like Qiqi, except he applies dendro only for the first strike(C1 remedy this by applying dendro for every strike). Or the leaks could be fake.

Also dubious about "censored" part. Whats censored to be exactly? Is this really a censor or just a Scara treatment?

Last edited:

Fake

9lpht10p4rea1.png

I saw some suspect folks being 'OK' with females censor, but making a huge whining about the possibility of male chars getting censor.

Lets see if they like censor this time.

Pejo

Xaio C0, Yelan C1.

Xaio C1 or Yelan C2?
Doesn't Xiao have some of the worst constellations of all time? Oh wait, the C1 is the extra dash, right?

I vote Yelan.

New web event:

Genshin Impact: Take part in the "Iridescence in Papers" event and prepare the stage for Lantern Rite with Hu Tao to obtain Primogems and other in-game rewards!https://hoyo.link/d0WnBBAd

Last edited:

Fake

Xaio C0, Yelan C1.

Xaio C1 or Yelan C2?

Yelan. Xiao don't need C1 to work, he already have two charges.

Pursuit Xiao cons only if you really want C6.

Yelan start with just only charge on her elemental skill, and she get charge attack mod when you hit someone with elemental skill, so C1 is good.

edit:
9uqnf8h72uea1.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Pejo Pejo
So she's now truly RAIDEN Mei lol RULES OF NATURE

Yea I wasn't crazy about the designs at first, but they grew on me. I'm still sad that Kiana lost all of her flavor animations though.

So I did Alhaitham's story quest today finally, and I really hate Kaveh already. I can't even give an explanation of why exactly. Quest was ok, too much NPC talking in the first half though. Why can't we throw his Dendro sword in his kit? That would have been cool.

Still haven't started the new desert area, maybe later tonight. I've been so damn busy lately.

Fake

I still trying to put Yaoyao at 90, but the lack of gem is killing me. She is doing pretty good at healing and mark enemies with dendro, not to mention she make a good team with Colei. I almost sure they troll her kit giving her a spear instead of a sword. Sacrificial weapon would be like a perfect fit for her.

About Alhaitham quest, I was expecting much more taking into consideration the amount of rumors/leak around Alhaitham real identity. Putting Kaveh like a couple to Alhaitham wasn't a good ideia imo. I can't imagine his hangout.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
About Alhaitham quest, I expecting much more taking into consideration the amount of rumors/leak around Alhaitham real identity. Putting Kaveh like a couple to Alhaitham wasn't a good ideia imo. I can't imagine his hangout.
Ah, wait until Chandler goes living with them! It'll be hilarious!

Pejo

Yup, Kaveh and Alhaitham are pure fujo bait. From what I've seen a large group of women actually hate Alhaitham now because of his attitude in his quest, and seem more into Kaveh instead. Lots of them are already angry that he might not be a 5 star too.
I think it was already confirmed that he's 4*, so they're in for some shit. And yea, the end of the quest was obvious fujo bait. The opposite bait as all of the Ning/Beidou fuckery.

Well, this week's beta changes are out, Dehya got nothing since her nerfs last week. As the guy most excited for her in this thread, it hurts a bit. Mika upstages her in her own patch. Pathetic.

b5nvkw7ka2fa1.png

ohbnoqn1r8fa1.jpg

Fake

Why even create a new char if you hate?

Just because she is badass? Is this has anything to do with the new route of MYH about sexuality?

Last edited:

deanote666

I can still read the UID.

Are here 2 people that play EU for a new achi?
If you'd be so kind as to edit your reply to remove the image.

Phone update thought it would be cute to make the marker transparent apparently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

ssringo

Basically done with my Yelan pre-farm. She's all set to go 90 6/6/6 immediately (I know her normal attack doesn't need leveled without C6). Pushing higher skill levels is a crapshoot and I've continually gotten jack and shit and dream solvent doesn't exist in my world apparently. Still working on a solid EoSF set for her though.

Barring some last minute flip on what MHY are doing with Dehya I'm probably going to go for Yelan C1. I have the wishes but might bow out if luck decides I go ~80 deep for pity and then lose the 50/50 after going ~80 deep again.

Fake

Is funny seeing Yaoyao's doll split dendro shit, but foes not getting marked by dendro.

Well, at least she can heal.

edit: Baizhu leaks are confusing now.
p2kn0olwkffa1.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Is funny seeing Yaoyao's doll split dendro shit, but foes not getting marked by dendro.

Well, at least she can heal.

edit: Baizhu leaks are confusing now.
p2kn0olwkffa1.jpg
yk3499l45ffa1.png

So in other words
wow-fucking-nothing.gif

I actually like the mechanics for this combat event, probably mostly because it digs into deep rosters considering you need 3 teams, so I get to use more characters.

Can't wait til the 5th day so I can get Lisa's new outfit so she can shit herself whenever she needs to in that big diaper.

To be honest, I don't think it's as bad as Ayaka's, but still worse in just about every way than the original.

Ning still remains the only one with a costume as good as their original, IMO. Well and I guess Diluc.

I actually like the mechanics for this combat event, probably mostly because it digs into deep rosters considering you need 3 teams, so I get to use more characters.
My only (minor) complaint is that I can't slot the characters in the exact way I like. I always put healers on key 4 and DPS on 1.

You don't like Fischl's outfit? I thought that was a good try anyway.

Saber

Gold Member
My only (minor) complaint is that I can't slot the characters in the exact way I like. I always put healers on key 4 and DPS on 1.

As a fan of Fishl base design, I found her outfit very lamish. Theres a certain vision and theme with the original Fischl that the skin is lacking.

As a fan of Fishl base design, I found her outfit very lamish. Theres a certain vision and theme with the original Fischl that the skin is lacking.
Her original outfit has that chuuni/goth vibe going for it. The skin meanwhile is what her alter-ego looks like within her fantasies. I thought it was a pretty clever idea for a skin, since Fischl hardly lives in reality anyway. The execution could be better, but I don't think it's bad either. It allows for a different look and isn't offense. That's how low the bar is for Genshin skins.

Pejo

Agreed, I put them in the exact same slots too, lol.
It was at least different while retaining her feel I guess, but it's still inferior to the default all the way around. The textures look cheap and there's less detail than the default, and despite it fitting the setting I guess, I dislike the puffy diaper pants no matter how MHY tries to dress them up. If that would have been her default design I wouldn't have liked it/her from the beginning of the game. I think it'd have been better if they went for the typical puffy gothic design like this for an alt:
nmhw3kut1sm41.jpg

At least then it would have stayed true to an artistic vision instead of just half-assing it.

Ning and Diluc I would actually use and swap back and forth because neither is superior over the other, that's why I consider them the """"good"""" ones.

Last edited:
I think it'd have been better if they went for the typical puffy gothic design
I agree, but it seems MHY doesn't want to stray from the original outfit design. All of the skins have been very similar to the original. Ningguang's dress is almost just a recolor with very minor changes in detail. I think this might have something to do with the physics tied to each character. They're probably too cheap to do the work required for skins that drastically change the look of the character.

Pejo

They're probably too cheap to do the work required for skins that drastically change the look of the character.
It's probably half this, and half that they figure if they're making another good design, might as well make it a character, strip the kit, and then sell it back as constellations. $30 for a skin OR $800 from whales, seems like an easy decision.

Ironically, Jean and Barbie's skins are probably the most different than their normal outfits. I was complaining a lot back in those days, if only I knew how bad things were going to get.

Saber

Gold Member

Guys, it appears this kit looks alot of what Dehya was supposed to be on very earlier leaks.

Look at the skill. She deals damage and leaves her sword, which keeps there "pulsating". But theres also her jump attack, which seems like to increase the area of effect and hit anyone in the trajectory of her incomming swords when they come back to her. I would guess this is a "press" and "hold" type of skill.

Last edited:

SSfox

New Abyss are quite fun. The 3 big Samurais are finally back, they were there back when i just started the game didn't had no chance lol always wanted to try them with my Itto

Last edited:

Fake

WTF that old Deyha kit is amazing. MYH is fucking nuts to drop suck a good kit like that.

Just thinking about her leaving the sword behind is so badass.

Last edited:

Pejo

WTF that old Deyha kit is amazing. MYH is fucking nuts to drop suck a good kit like that.

Just thinking about her leaving the sword behind is so badass.
If you remember, this is almost word for word what her originally leaked kit was when we got the Fontaine megaleak. Something like "leaves a tomb in the ground, jump and attack become special dashes, something something bladestorm".

I guarantee they probably had it working for her, realized it was too fun, and decided to save it for Pyro archon or some future character.

So frustrating.

Fake

If you remember, this is almost word for word what her originally leaked kit was when we got the Fontaine megaleak. Something like "leaves a tomb in the ground, jump and attack become special dashes, something something bladestorm".

I guarantee they probably had it working for her, realized it was too fun, and decided to save it for Pyro archon or some future character.

So frustrating.

And kill most of the potential the character have. When I look at the video I'm like 'what'?

And point in case, she would leave the claymore you're current using, not just a ordinary claymore for 'tomb' porpuose. You can see the Traveler leaving the Rainslasher in the ground. Imagine every Deyha putting whatever the Claymore they want to use. Even for a PR view would be a great move.

This really makes me angry about MYH sabotaging their own characters. Why in hell you gonna waste money, creating animations and effects just to put on the trash?

I would be OK if the old kit was 'meh', but my dude this is exactly what I was hoping for her.

Top Bottom