• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Saber

Gold Member
I didn't know people were hoping for/expecting fates from quests. I mean, I'm happy to get 20 wishes but it wasn't high on my list or anything.

More aspects of Dehya's kit suck. When you think things couldn't get worse. Every new bit of info is another disappointment. I hope MHY is reading this thread and taking notes. Throw it all out the window and start over.

What is strange is that most of her kits problems are balancing problems.
Way too much of cooldown for a skill with very long damage application. A burst that is basically damaging punches, which I believe in practice it won't be much of deal with the huge amount of new enemies with crowd control resistance, and a very low duration.

All of this can be tuned with balancing. Even the fact that her ascention is rather useless without her C1.

Pejo

Been roaming the desert unlocking way points and I've yet to come across Alhaitham's ascension materials.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF
They're all in the caves underground. They look like little shards sticking up, they blend in with iron ore a bit, honestly.

So something that was kinda cool and unexpected - Alhaitham can get imbue on his attacks just from doing damage with a plunging attack or a charge attack. You don't have to use the skill or the burst at all to get imbue.

Makes his excessively long cooldown a lot more manageable to be honest. You just have to space them out a bit because each source has a 12 second cooldown to be able to reapply it.

*edit*

Guys, I don't even know if MHY is just trolling us through leakers anymore or what, but...

s598av491zca1.jpg

from the comments, a bit of an explanation:
For those who are confused

Roaring barrage is what happens when you hit your na button at the right time, speeding up the burst punches. Hitting the button does not trigger any kind of animation nor deal any dmg, it only affects the dmg interval of the (already going) burst animation, which increases your dps if you do it correctly. This is why it doesn't work with Xq or Yelan, they only proc on normal attack animations and Dehya ISN'T doing any when you hit this.

c9ic5zzhhxca1.png

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
They're all in the caves underground. They look like little shards sticking up, they blend in with iron ore a bit, honestly.

So something that was kinda cool and unexpected - Alhaitham can get imbue on his attacks just from doing damage with a plunging attack or a charge attack. You don't have to use the skill or the burst at all to get imbue.

Makes his excessively long cooldown a lot more manageable to be honest. You just have to space them out a bit because each source has a 12 second cooldown to be able to reapply it.

*edit*

Guys, I don't even know if MHY is just trolling us through leakers anymore or what, but...

s598av491zca1.jpg
Thanks!

About his shards, yeah, you can pop them up with charged attack. You need to plan your combos at the right time.

Better way to maintain 3 shards is to use his burst right from the get-go and the balance between skill and charged attack to maintain the 3 shards up as long as possible.

What is strange is that most of her kits problems are balancing problems.
Way too much of cooldown for a skill with very long damage application. A burst that is basically damaging punches, which I believe in practice it won't be much of deal with the huge amount of new enemies with crowd control resistance, and a very low duration.

All of this can be tuned with balancing. Even the fact that her ascention is rather useless without her C1.
Her kit is too tainted to be salvaged. That's how I feel right now. They must have tunnel vision. Get rid of the tanking, get rid of the laughably short burst, get rid of the turret that shoots once a day. Abandon it all and start over.

Animated GIF

crumbs

While the release notes for v3.4 didn't mention any new commissions, I did get a version of an existing commission in the newly released desert area. It was the "Grazing" timed commission. So we can look forward to bouncing on mushrooms in even more locations :messenger_neutral:

Pejo

Another code if you happen to have Amazon Prime. I'm on month 3 of my free trial because they keep offering to extend it. 🤷‍♂️

Amazon Prime Genshin bundle #3

- 60 Primogem
- 8 Hero's Wit
- 5 Crab, Ham & Veggie Bake
Nice. I'm still curious what the "big" reward is for these when we hit the end. I think it said originally that if you get at least 5 of 8 of the drops, you get some big prize at the end.

I'm betting a glider.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
My Alhaitham about to be my strongest built character to date- 207% CD, 72% CR.

Either I slacked too much on the other ones, or I went overboard in farming a good set for him :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Pejo

My Alhaitham about to be my strongest built character to date- 207% CD, 74% CR.

Either I slacked too much on the other ones, or I went overboard in farming a good set for him :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Damn, I'm jealous of that ratio.

Surely you have 500+ EM for him too, right?

Grinch Smile GIF

• LOL
Reactions: Fuz

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Damn, I'm jealous of that ratio.

Surely you have 500+ EM for him too, right?

Grinch Smile GIF

Forgot to check his exact EM stat to be honest, need to check later on, but I know it's good enough too because most my artifacts also rolled EM.

On another note, dude is amazingly good paired with yelan.

And btw, if you hold and aim his elemental skill into the enemies direction, in order for him to teleport, and do a plunge attack right after, that's easy 3 shards right there and max output damage without kicking in his burst.

He is really versatile in terms of options, now that we players managed to test him out.

Excited Ric Flair GIF

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm still building Alfred Haitham, but in the meantime, I'm pretty satisfied with Yaoyao, even completely unbuilt. She'll only get better as her healing improves.

splHyM7.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I'm still building Alfred Haitham, but in the meantime, I'm pretty satisfied with Yaoyao, even completely unbuilt. She'll only get better as her healing improves.

splHyM7.jpg

What set are you gonna slap into her?

I haven't started building her yet, but I think I'm gonna swap her for dendro traveler down the road.

Pejo

What set are you gonna slap into her?

I haven't started building her yet, but I think I'm gonna swap her for dendro traveler down the road.
Millelith on any healer that applies steady ticks. The free party ATK buff is so much better than whatever else they can offer, IMO. Plus most healers scale with HP so it's a double win.

I'm having a harder time deciding which polearm to use. The ol' faithful is Favonius, but not sure if there's something better or not.

Saber

Gold Member
According to a leaker, looks like Dehya will be a "vap DPS" now, the one who requires 3 supports. Expect changes to her kit and nerfs on C6.

If true gotta say I saw this coming. 4 seconds to a low damage burst and an ascention which is basically useless bar one single talent is forcing the hand too much.

According to a leaker, looks like Dehya will be a "vap DPS" now, the one who requires 3 supports. Expect changes to her kit and nerfs on C6.
From what I read she supposedly doesn't work with Xingqiu and Yelan. So that's gonna be a pretty difficult vape DPS to build a team for. She might rely on future hydro characters from Fontaine.

But well, at least they're doing something with her. I'd rather a simple hyper carry than whatever monstrosity we had before.

Still sad that they're not willing to make any strong pyro supports. We couldn't possibly have someone other than Bennett in the spotlight of course.

Pejo

If true gotta say I saw this coming. 4 seconds to a low damage burst and an ascention which is basically useless bar one single talent is forcing the hand too much.
Do you have a link to this? I absolutely don't understand how they'll make her a vape character.

Saber

Gold Member
From what I read she supposedly doesn't work with Xingqiu and Yelan. So that's gonna be a pretty difficult vape DPS to build a team for. She might rely on future hydro characters from Fontaine.

But well, at least they're doing something with her. I'd rather a simple hyper carry than whatever monstrosity we had before.

Still sad that they're not willing to make any strong pyro supports. We couldn't possibly have someone other than Bennett in the spotlight of course.

I would be super happy if she was a 5-star Pyro Fishl. Her elemental skill has such potential.
But this is something else...her elemental skill not affecting shield enemies is a huge deal. Abysm mages, heralds, big cryo hilicurls, you name it. She wouldn't be able to deal with them unless she uses her burst. Also the first punch of her burst does not deal damage at all...whats going on here?

Do you have a link to this? I absolutely don't understand how they'll make her a vape character.

Me neither. It's not clear what he mean by that. Thats why I'm guessing it has to do with a character kit changes based on changes on her C0.

Last edited:

Pejo

I would be super happy if she was a 5-star Pyro Fishl. Her elemental skill has such potential.
But this is something else...her elemental skill not affecting shield enemies is a huge deal. Abysm mages, heralds, big cryo hilicurls, you name it. She wouldn't be able to deal with them unless she uses her burst. Also the first punch of her burst does not deal damage at all...whats going on here?

Me neither. It's not clear what he mean by that. Thats why I'm guessing it has to do with a character kit changes based on changes on her C0.

So I looked at the comments, and apparently they're saying Kokomi and Mona will be able to vape 4 of her 6-10 attacks on her burst. I'm not sure why they're classifying that as a "vape hypercarry".

I'm getting off of Mr. Bones' Wild Ride for now and just gonna wait and see how she turns out. Between these leakers and the actual data, it's just not worth worrying about at this point.

C6 being added to C0 is nice though, to me that means they're giving us the full 6 seconds from the onset.

crumbs

Would be nice to get a glider with a red color scheme, but it's probably going to be purple to match the Twitch colors.

Fake

You know what would be even nicer? A fucking KFC glider they promisse to give us in the future.

Edit: Errr, I watch Alhaitam story quest, guessing if he is what we expeculated in previous pages (if he is some sort of Doctore clone/vesel or if he is the reborned Scarlet King)
What I get?
A mix of TV series like 'Friends' and that kinda of TV show with talk with couples about their relationship problems. Thanks Kaveh. I hated.

Last edited:

ssringo

The Liyue event reminded me how much I hate Xinyan's English voice. I generally like the English voices or at least find them acceptable but hers kills me.

Need a per character voice option.

Pejo

Would be nice to get a glider with a red color scheme, but it's probably going to be purple to match the Twitch colors.
I would like a proper darker black option too. The default one is the only black one we have and it's more of a pale dark grey. Doesn't really fit with any characters, even Sara who has actual black feathered wings in her idle pose.

You know what would be ever nicer? A fucking KFC glider they promisse to give us in the future.
Did they say they were giving it to us after they had that awful fucking Twitch promotion where you had to watch and donate to Twitch streamers to get it? Even if I wanted to support Twitch streamers (I don't), the whole process to do it and redeem the glider was way too complicated and poorly explained. I was kinda hoping we got it as a redeem code somewhere down the line.
The Liyue event reminded me how much I hate Xinyan's English voice. I generally like the English voices or at least find them acceptable but hers kills me.

Need a per character voice option.
Yea, I want the "voice per character" option so bad, even if it's only for gameplay voicelines instead of voiced story segments. Xinyan's EN voice is just terrible.

This also reminds me, I really hate that they frontload all of this fucking content in the beginning of patches again. Brand new area, new bosses, new big story quest, Character quest, and now 3 days in they throw Lantern Rite at us. I guess CNY is on the 22nd, but holy shit they could let us breathe a little bit.

Fuz

Banned
Not sure why you people want advertisement from companies inside your game.

Anyway, Twitch's is probably the blue glider that was thought to be from Fontaine.
I would like a proper darker black option too.
This.
But they would fuck it up adding more artsy colors to the black.

Fake

It's obviously BiS for Sayu.

Depends of what kinda of Sayu you have.

Main Sayu here, you can both go ER, EM or ATK for her if you want. My Sayu is 100% ATK, healing for her burst scale with ATK%.

Most of people that recommend EM Claymore probably got C6 for her.

Depends of what kinda of Sayu you have.

Main Sayu here, you can both go ER, EM or ATK for her if you want. My Sayu is 100% ATK, healing for her burst scale with ATK%.

Most of people that recommend EM Claymore probably got C6 for her.
Sayu mains definitely have C6 right?

She's always on the wrong banners...

Fake

Sayu mains definitely have C6 right?

I trying to get C6, but as far I know, C6 only work on her burst, right?

I usually do elemental skill and elemental burst, but most of people just burst with her and get out of the field.

I trying to get C6, but as far I know, C6 only work on her burst, right?

I usually do elemental skill and elemental burst, but most of people just burst with her and get out of the field.
Yeah, C6 just adds EM scaling for her burst's heals. But of course she also benefits from EM for her swirls, so that'll make her deal more damage too.

To save field time I suppose. If you have C1 she'll just heal and swirl everything anyway.

Fake

Just for healing. C6 boost her healing abilities (make elemental master be a part of scaling on her elemental burst). They don't like the spinning Sayu like I do.

Indeed. She was on the Ayato banner. I tried to get some constelation for her, I'm end up fucking my pity because Ayato came home.

Last edited:

Fake

I don't understand why she has to "get out of the field". What am I missing?

'Get out of the field' is me saying 'just burst and change to your main dps'.

In her case, not even her elemental skill they like to use.

• Surprised

Pejo

Man, for those of you using Alhaitham, do you find yourself getting knocked out of combos constantly? I'm using him in a friendship farming team primarily for dailies until I get him built out, but holy shit even the tiny mushrooms interrupt his combos.

This all goes back to my theory that Candace was supposed to be a Hydro shield generating character, then they turned her into a worthless counter character instead so that they could give us a proper Hydro shielder in Fontaine. If she could apply Hydro and apply a shield, she'd be useful in so many teams. Nilou Bountiful cores, Alhaitham, Nahida, Cyno, etc. We really need a proper Hydro shielder to help take advantage of all of these Dendro characters we have now.

Anyways, other than the obvious ZhongDong, which shielder are you guys using for him? Or am I the only one having issues getting staggered constantly.

I think they just mean swap her out for another active character.

Last edited:
  • Surprised

crumbs

Man, for those of you using Alhaitham, do you find yourself getting knocked out of combos constantly? I'm using him in a friendship farming team primarily for dailies until I get him built out, but holy shit even the tiny mushrooms interrupt his combos.

This all goes back to my theory that Candace was supposed to be a Hydro shield generating character, then they turned her into a worthless counter character instead so that they could give us a proper Hydro shielder in Fontaine. If she could apply Hydro and apply a shield, she'd be useful in so many teams. Nilou Bountiful cores, Alhaitham, Nahida, Cyno, etc. We really need a proper Hydro shielder to help take advantage of all of these Dendro characters we have now.

Anyways, other than the obvious ZhongDong, which shielder are you guys using for him? Or am I the only one having issues getting staggered constantly.
I know you don't like Xingqiu, but his water sword shield + hydro application would probably be a good option for Alhaitham.

We're talking speedrunning in the Abyss or something. People who want to be so efficient that they want as little field time for supports as possible. Not that you'd realistically use Sayu in that case, but still.

I've used Sayu in Abyss. I still roll around, just cuz it's fun.

Top Bottom