• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

deanote666

That's what you get for going to Twitter.

While it's nice that MHY is using different real world cultures for inspiration, they're going to have to swallow the pill that this is a fantasy made up land and is not bound by the real world for what they want to do. Frankly I'm so tired of seeing ugly ass "realistic" and face-scanned characters in games anymore.

*edit*

Babs official birthday art:
FW37OvKagAAsV-R.jpg

Boy she's been all but forgotten in this game. I remember at one time she was the face of Genshin with the promotional stuff and that 3D looking giant billboard in Tokyo.
You apparently forgot the few hours people were outraged.

Plenty of characters haven't gotten screen time lately. At least Barb had a patch length event the last time. Haven't seen Rosaria in forever.

Fake

Not a fix for artifact set woes, but at least it's a step in the right direction:

mkgdbhib3v991.jpg

Getting tired of farming artifact. One more trash than other...

Speaking of artifact, curious about that other cryo artifact that never release.

Fake

360 degree models of Dehya/Nilou.

It looks like Dehya isn't actually a catgirl at all, it's just some weird hair bumps.
7bxNTGL.jpg
8SQZllg.png

Either hair bumps or she hide her tail just like Goku used to do.

IDK, looks strange, but Sayu use her clothes to look like a raccon too.

Now, the sucubus... I still need to know her weapon/kit before taking a choise.

Fuz

Banned
Deleted. What picture is there?
Interesting that's deleted. It was Blank stating that Dehya is a mix of Xinghei and Bennet without healing and very busted.
Probably you since it's deleted.

Yep it's fake:
fa268au59y991.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Either hair bumps or she hide her tail just like Goku used to do.

IDK, looks strange, but Sayu use her clothes to look like a raccon too.

Now, the sucubus... I still need to know her weapon/kit before taking a choise.
Well she also has a real set of ears that you can plainly see. And so far none of the furry characters have had two sets of ears, so it's safe to say that they're just hair bumps.

deanote666

Well she also has a real set of ears that you can plainly see. And so far none of the furry characters have had two sets of ears, so it's safe to say that they're just hair bumps.
I've yet to see a character with animal ears where their hair revealed the side of their head so you never know if they do or don't have a regular set under there...

Pejo

I've yet to see a character with animal ears where their hair revealed the side of their head so you never know if they do or don't have a regular set under there...
Well kinda Gorou. But more to the point, MHY designers have gotten lazy lately, but I don't think they're so bad as to include two sets of ears without a lore reason to do such a thing.

BJK

Curious about people’s strategy for the gacha in this game: quantity vs. quality.

If there’s a (5-star) character I like, I try to get a C0, and haven’t really worried about constellations. The only exception to that has been Zhongli, whose kit makes me want to get him to C6.

I’ve also prioritized the Archons more generally, for story reasons. But I’m starting to wonder if spreading resources out to too many characters will make things harder in the long run. Would I be better off with 5-6 characters at C4-6 than 20 characters at C0? Having fully unlocked characters would be the expectation in most other gacha games…..but the Economy of GI makes the idea cost-prohibitive to non-whales.

The 4th Archon being on the horizon is weighing on me a bit; I passed on Yoimiya because Raiden Shogun was coming so soon after. Now that Ymy is finally getting a rerun, the next Archon is expected to be two patches away…and I’m sitting at 8.6k primogems as a mostly F2P.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I've opened models actually for that exact purpose...the "animal" characters like sucrose do not have human ears hiding under the hair or wherever, they are explicitly removed from the base model, human characters with hair over their ears still have the ears underneath.

Saber

Gold Member
Curious about people’s strategy for the gacha in this game: quantity vs. quality.

If there’s a (5-star) character I like, I try to get a C0, and haven’t really worried about constellations. The only exception to that has been Zhongli, whose kit makes me want to get him to C6.

I’ve also prioritized the Archons more generally, for story reasons. But I’m starting to wonder if spreading resources out to too many characters will make things harder in the long run. Would I be better off with 5-6 characters at C4-6 than 20 characters at C0? Having fully unlocked characters would be the expectation in most other gacha games…..but the Economy of GI makes the idea cost-prohibitive to non-whales.

The 4th Archon being on the horizon is weighing on me a bit; I passed on Yoimiya because Raiden Shogun was coming so soon after. Now that Ymy is finally getting a rerun, the next Archon is expected to be two patches away…and I’m sitting at 8.6k primogems as a mostly F2P.

As someone whos being here since the beta(full non whale), I would say that you shouldn't wrap too much of your head about it. There are aways strong and "weak" characters, but wheter you find fun or fit to your playstyle is up to you. Eula is a prime example of that, being a monster DPS with little effort yet I find her gameplay boring.

As for the trouple with having a lot of characters, well you're talking to the guy who is part of 1%. In the long run it does make for a full diversity team, but early and mid is a nightmare both in terms of mora costs and talent autistic farming, not mention artifact farming. My honest opinion is to not do the same as me. Focus on get the characters "you" feel strong and confortable. Get a main team and use them to farm, defeat boss enemies etc. Once you stabilish yourself, go find the ones you're interested.

Pejo

There's no hard and fast rule if it's better to have more characters or more constellations. You have to look at it each time. It's absolutely worth having 2 full strong teams, since that's typically the most you need for all of the content in the game. After that, it's a split of character usefulness, how much you like them, and what your goals/needs are.

Zhongli C6 like you mentioned completely eradicates the need for a healer character, and he's probably one of, if not the most universally useful characters in the whole game so far. So if you like him, you plan on using him everywhere, getting constellations is a pretty safe bet. But like for instance, Shenhe C0 is useless for most people unless you heavily invest in her or are using her alongside Ayaka as a buffer. Most people would argue that Shenhe is just a bad pull altogether since she's a 5* niche character that only fits 1-2 teams currently. So it'd be better to skip characters like that, especially if F2P. UNLESS you like her, in which case that's fine and she can work if you try.

Ultimately you can make a lot of different things work. I don't think anyone in this thread is a meta-slave, so we all just play the characters and teams we like and do just fine.

If you are really stuck, invest in 2-3 5* damage focused characters, probably of different elements, and then save up for Archons, as they've been the safest bets to be strong. Archons are also mostly supports, so that keeps them relevant a lot longer than whatever flavor of the month DPS that Hoyoverse wants to push in Abyss is.

*edit*

Not looking good, Dehya bros...

bnms6xlf3x991.jpg

Last edited:

SSfox

New craftable weapons looks neat, hopefully the bow will be good on T, if so i'm gonna put one on R5 on him.

Saber

Gold Member
I love leaks. Gimme gimme gimme

Pejo Pejo , at least the Regivine has some different design, it actually looks like some kind of tropical plant.

Also digging the Gargoyle, the ground one that is.

Pejo

Lol, boy, even leakers are saying the new skins are shit. And they liked the Jean/Fischl ones.

xv9ojqths1a91.jpg

This one is gonna be a whole new level of shit.

SSfox

I would legit buy an Ayaka skin if it looks cool to me.

Maybe something like this, with light blue colors would be nice on her

2s0wsuds2aq11.jpg

Fake

On Honey Impact he say '46' gears as total. Is the page showing the wrong information?

Nilou's Ult pose. Pretty cute. She's one of the characters that while I don't particularly care for her design, her kit looks like a ton of fun.
gtdyyo8pi6a91.jpg

She is cute, but I guess she is a priestess, so can explain a little her design, I mean, she is a priestess from desert or something like that, maybe with some dancer/gipsy in mind.

crumbs

Nilou's Ult pose. Pretty cute. She's one of the characters that while I don't particularly care for her design, her kit looks like a ton of fun.
gtdyyo8pi6a91.jpg

Agreed on her kit. I've been wanting to add a character that can apply AOE hydro since I already have several single target hydro characters (Xingqiu, Yelan, Mona). I was thinking about targeting Kokomi on her next rerun, but the leaks make Nilou appear to be another option. Kokomi does bring healing, so I'm curious as to what Nilou's final kit ends up bringing to the game.

Pejo

Was her kit already know?
We got that one video I posted a few pages back that shows that she uses kung fu like Heizou, with big sweeping AoE Hydro moves. No details on the full kit yet from what I've seen.

This one:
Nilou gameplay. Not much to go off of yet, but it's something. Looks like Hydro Hanzou

Last edited:

Fake

We got that one video I posted a few pages back that shows that she uses kung fu like Heizou, with big sweeping AoE Hydro moves. No details on the full kit yet from what I've seen.

This one:

Can't believe I missed that. So, Hydro sword user. I can be more happy than that.

Pejo

Jeeze this leak is absolutely brutal for MHY.

Fascinating "about the Harbingers" lines from upcoming Childe stuff.

uwvzLYJwIiYvou6Ko7p2gaq6ROysg-KQjW_pmExOBQs.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom